Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We did not go back ten years! Why do people keep saying stupid stuff like this?

The position we were in before and after he was at the club are exactly the same. Best of the rest. Where does the ten year part come into it?

There are plenty of reasons to have a go at Martinez so why throw in a weird reference like that? Other than a couple of dull seasons for the fans him being here really has changed nothing.

I never realised 11th was "best of the rest"

I never realised 11th was "best of the rest"

Its not my fault you can't read what I have posted!

I said we were in the same position before and after he left. So how did he put us back ten years when after he had left it just took one season to get back to where we were previously?

He was a blip. Nothing more.

The position we were in before and after he was at the club are exactly the same. Best of the rest. Where does the ten year part come into it?

There are plenty of reasons to have a go at Martinez so why throw in a weird reference like that? Other than a couple of dull seasons for the fans him being here really has changed nothing.

He is talking about league positions. He took us to our lowest positions since 2005-06 of 11th. Not satisfied with doing it once he did it twice in his 3 seasons

Thank you @banno ;)

He is talking about league positions. He took us to our lowest positions since 2005-06 of 11th. Not satisfied with doing it once he did it twice in his 3 seasons

He's not though is he? Like a fair few people they are acting like he destroyed the club (people actually use these words to describe his tenure here.) It is such a stupid overreaction.

Obviously we dipped a bit position wise when he was here but realistically his time here did not really effect us overall in terms of our general standing as we are back where we were in the first place.

You said "we went backwards 10 years". I want to know how you come to this conclusion?

If you are saying we began getting the same league placings as we did ten years beforehand then fine (Even though we were coming 4th around then...) but you did not make that clear at all, it looked like you were saying that our progress was set back ten years which is obviously just not true.

He's not though is he? Like a fair few people they are acting like he destroyed the club (people actually use these words to describe his tenure here.) It is such a stupid overreaction.

Obviously we dipped a bit position wise when he was here but realistically his time here did not really effect us overall in term sof our general standing as we are back where we were in the first place.

Are you also forgetting the utter tripe being served up?

Losing 3-0 at Sunderland, getting thwacked 4-1 at Leicester who were still have cut from celebrating their league title, losing 2-1 at home to Swansea and having the worst home result we had in years.

He had clearly lost the team, they looked devoid and uninterested as they did not even know what they were supposed to be doing any more.

You either have a short memory mate or have erased it, which is probably for the best if you have.

Obviously we dipped a bit position wise when he was here but realistically his time here did not really effect us overall in terms of our general standing as we are back where we were in the first place.

He didn't destroy the club but he was heading that way. He had to go as we were on a downward spiral.

Are you also forgetting the utter tripe being served up?

Losing 3-0 at Sunderland, getting thwacked 4-1 at Leicester who were still have cut from celebrating their league title, losing 2-1 at home to Swansea and having the worst home result we had in years.

He had clearly lost the team, they looked devoid and uninterested as they did not even know what they were supposed to be doing any more.

You either have a short memory mate or have erased it, which is probably for the best if you have.

Sigh.... no I am not!

See this is the problem, I merely state that saying we went back tens years is ridiculous. Because it is. Yet you take this as an indicator that I love Martinez or something?

I am a realist. I don't go in for mad hyperbole. His last two years here were rubbish, including the things you mention and others (a couple of fairly alright cup runs but whatever) and he was rightly sacked. You do not need to validate why he was rubbish at the end. We all know this.

But...and this is the crux of my argument here, he did NOT put us back ten years because the league positions before and after his tenure are there in black and white. His tenure at the club basically resulted in us being pretty much in the same position as we were before he arrived. So he didn't set us back did he?

The way some people think you would think we were sweeping up trophies left right and centre before he got here. It wasn't the case.

And to bring it back to Moshiri this is what he will have to deal with right now. People want instant success, it takes time to do it right. In the same way that 2 bad seasons under a bad manager (at the time) did not destroy us, 2 years of trying to improve will not make us into Barcelona overnight either.

I think the issue with Moshiri is a few blues behaved as if we were the new PSG when he came in.

Now these same blues are angry with him.

He is the best co-owner we have probably ever had. But this doesn't mean he's Roman Abramovich.

He isn't going to compete with the likes of City and PSG for players. Time to accept that and move on from this really boring debate.

Sigh.... no I am not!

See this is the problem, I merely state that saying we went back tens years is ridiculous. Because it is. Yet you take this as an indicator that I love Martinez or something?

I am a realist. I don't go in for mad hyperbole. His last two years here were rubbish, including the things you mention and others (a couple of fairly alright cup runs but whatever) and he was rightly sacked. You do not need to validate why he was rubbish at the end. We all know this.

But...and this is the crux of my argument here, he did NOT put us back ten years because the league positions before and after his tenure are there in black and white. His tenure at the club basically resulted in us being pretty much in the same position as we were before he arrived. So he didn't set us back did he?

The way some people think you would think we were sweeping up trophies left right and centre before he got here. It wasn't the case.

And to bring it back to Moshiri this is what he will have to deal with right now. People want instant success, it takes time to do it right. In the same way that 2 bad seasons under a bad manager (at the time) did not destroy us, 2 years of trying to improve will not make us into Barcelona overnight either.

Jesus man chill!

Show me exactly where I even remotely suggest that you love Martinez.

Not reading the rest until you do.

Finishing 11th twice and not troubling the European spots is going backwards to pre-Moyes bar his 17th finish, be arsed with a Martinez debate though. He was out of his depth and he's gone now thankfully.

Edit:seen you've had enough flak over this already lollollol

Jesus man chill!

Show me exactly where I even remotely suggest that you love Martinez.

Not reading the rest until you do.

You asked me if I forgot the utter tripe served up which to me says that you think I am trying to ignore the problems we had under Martinez?

I don't think I gave that impression at all.

All I was saying is that if you sit back and look at it reasonably his time here did not set us back in any real shape or form in the grand scheme of things. It was grim at the time of course it was, but overall we have ended up in the same position so he did not set us back really.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back