Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm interested in seeing how Moshiri works in terms of communicating with the fans. If his open letter is anything to go by in his Arsenal days, we're going to have a good idea of the goings on inside the club.

Interesting discussion this evening, just for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong with my comments, just trying to provide clarity where I can.

Many of the understandable questions should be answered when the deal is finally approved (a formality) by the Premier League.

Am happy to answer what questions I can in the meantime.

Interesting discussion this evening, just for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong with my comments, just trying to provide clarity where I can.

Many of the understandable questions should be answered when the deal is finally approved (a formality) by the Premier League.

Am happy to answer what questions I can in the meantime.
There is a God then ?

If Kroenke wants Red & White Holdings and Usmanov wants Everton why didn't Usmanov and Moshiri just sell R&W to Kroenke and then both pitch up at Goodison buying us outright with their £400 million?
Kroenke doesn't need 1% of anybodies shares, he has 66.64%, he's in charge, end of.

Usmanov is dead in the water there, he may find it hard to shift his shares all in one go if he did want to sell up, it would have to be an investor happy to have no say and a slice of the profits if that's what they do at Arsenal every year.

Moshiri and Usmanov went into Arsenal together to try to execute a plan to get control, they have failed, and Usmanov will never have any say while Kroenke is there, I feel Usmanov did his mate a favour, nothing more than that, so that Moshiri was able to buy us having had to sever his ties to Arsenal to do so, nothing has changed at Arsenal, R&W still own 30.5%, and still won't be allowed on the board.

much, much more likely that they are assigned to write about this even though there's no real news, and they know they'll get more clicks by conjuring dubious implications

Actually this is spot on, although there will be London-based journos out there who won't like another North West based club being a revitalised powerhouse.

Whilst I'm all for excitement this guy isn't going to bankroll us, he's worth less than both Short and Ashley who own clubs in the bottom 3. Also Kenwright being around will also be a hindrance in that if he does invest in the playing squad and Martinez continues to underachieve, I can't imagine Moshiri having the support to sack and gamble elsewhere.

All in all whilst this is a positive step forward, all this talk of the kopites suddenly being our bitches is wide off, we are at best gonna be slightly behind/just about equal them in terms of stadium/spending power not exceed them like city have with Utd, that would only be if Usmanov came on board.

Just behind Liverpool in spending power????

I was buzzing before but now I'm over the moon. I think you meant to bring people of thier buzz with that post but I'll rip the hand of anyone offering that.

What has impressed me is the quiet way BK has gone about this. It's the Everton way....to keep things under wraps and then spring it on the media as a done deal.
Was anybody else around the night in the summer of 66 when my dad switched on the BBC news to hear the announcement that Everton had bought Alan Ball for a record £110,000. No warning......no media speculation. Just an announcement. The culmination of weeks of negotiation that had been completed without fanfare.
Everton that
The person who said that Bill appears to have played a blinder is spot on

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back