Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
How likely do you think it is that Moshiri brings in another investor that isn't Usmanov, particularly to help with the short term capital requirement for a stadium? One perhaps who would only stay around for that period and then sell up leaving Moshiri - bit like the M&N rumoured partners?

I don't know is the honest answer, my inclination is that he will go it alone.

This is obviously a long-term project so it's important not to expect too much to quickly or it could lead to disappointment at things not moving as quickly as some of us might expect. Got to be patient but at least the status quo has finally been broken.

It should also be pointed out again, as others have already done, that BK has delivered what he said he would to do and sold to a billionaire and someone who genuinely has the club's interests at heart. Kudos for that. Wish he'd done it sooner like but hopefully it will have been worth waiting for.

Just looking forward to it being ratified now and hearing what our new Great Leader has to say.

Onwards Moshirians.

@The Esk did you by any chance manage to find out if the 49.9% was in order to avoid any clauses in the AIB/Prudential loan notes?
More I think about it, the more it makes sense as if ownership were to change, the ultimate lender would wish to be able to veto, and given the way the available mortgage for EIL is set up, the more I think that ownership and share issue are effectively controlled by said lender. - it just makes sense from their point of view.
Idle curiosity really.

I didn't check myself, but asked someone with good knowledge of the agreement - simple answer is yes. It's a hurdle that can be readily overcome but for expediency the deal as is was the best option.

Fascinating insights, Esk, thanks a lot.

I have spent 3 days devouring this forum thread and am still struggling to believe we may have turned the corner just before I reach pension age!

I must say I have had issues with BK, but if this turns out as we hope it will, fair play to Bill. All his other mistakes and being "economical with the truth" will pale into insignificance if he has found the right man - plus he kept it quiet!!
I am still waiting for it all to go wrong (the "old" Everton!): I can't wait for the "new" Everton to be outlined, hopefully after the PL has ratified Mr Moshiri's share buyout on Wednesday!

The sun is rising, rejoice...

I love how we had no billionaire and everyone was ok with a multimillionaire buying the club. We finally get someone with financial nous and he's also a billionaire and people are worried we might not get another billionaire.

I think we should be settled down, be happy we've got a financial guy that knows footy and hasn't done any ridiculous risky financial deal for the takeover, oh and even though people want to hate him Uncle Bill still being here is a good thing.

I love how we had no billionaire and everyone was ok with a multimillionaire buying the club. We finally get someone with financial nous and he's also a billionaire and people are worried we might not get another billionaire.

I think we should be settled down, be happy we've got a financial guy that knows footy and hasn't done any ridiculous risky financial deal for the takeover, oh and even though people want to hate him Uncle Bill still being here is a good thing.
Yeah I agree. I actually think that Bill genuinely has had the best intentions for both club and fans.

I think it is possible that Moshiri may know other wealthy people beside Usanov. In time we may see more new investor/owners join Moshiri in taking full control at Everton.
The difference is that now we already have a very wealthy owner and in certain respects the begging bowl has been put away.
The Everton project I believe has become a much more attractive project and probably an easier one to sell.

As fans , we want news(good news) , we want it now and we want lots of it. The reality will be different. The deals will be kept secret (as this was) until it is ready to be announced.
I believe that issue of the new stadium is decided now. I think it was too big a factor and too expensive not to be tied down
I think the fact that Joe Anderson said he met Bill Kenwright in London recently and was brought up to speed is more than significant.

However, I think the talk of a 100m budget in the summer is wrong and premature and over the top unless John Stones is sold at the very least.
We will have a bigger budget, but I think the spending will be more gradual.

That's the point mate, he does not want to sell up, he's there for the long term. Thus he will never be an investor in Everton.
Football,like life, can be full of surprises. Who knows what can happen now, 2 days ago none of us, including you, had a clue this guy was coming in. None of us can possibly know what Usmanov will do as time goes on.

All I want is a decision about the stadium by the end of summer, either redevelopment or a new one, and Bobby to get 50m in the summer and we keep our best players.

If Lukaku and/or Stones want to leave good luck to them, they'll fetch 100m and we can reinvest that back into the team.

I think all of that can happen quite easily, anything else is the gravy on the roast dinner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back