Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Strange article.

Firstly the journos don't acknowledge or mention that Robert Earl has been bought out, or that Kenwright and Woods shareholding has been diluted/reduced.

Secondly, there are no details at this point because the deal needs to be ratified by the Premier League. I am absolutely certain that once this all goes through, Everton will hold a press conference with Moshiri explaining everything.

The fact there are no details 72 hours after a takeover was announced doesn't mean the deal is 'shrouded in mystery', it just means it's fairly normal deal and that nothing further will be revealed until it's ratified. Martinez said stuff today because he kind of had to. He was put on the spot.

It's like some of these journalists desperately want to doubt that this will be a game changer for us, they want us kept 'in our place'. Rather than go with the flow, they're trying to pull things apart and write about issues that simply aren't there.

The whole article struck me as 'Well, we have to write about this but we have no new details, I know - let's say there's some mystery surrounding the deal'.
Considering the journalist was privvy to the deal before anyone else I find this article a bit OTT.
Surely he knows plans cant be unveiled until Moshiri has passed the ratification process.
He's actually gone down in my estimation, its almost like he wants to discredit the deal.....very strange.

Football,like life, can be full of surprises. Who knows what can happen now, 2 days ago none of us, including you, had a clue this guy was coming in. None of us can possibly know what Usmanov will do as time goes on.
One thing we can be sure of is......... We will have nothing to whinge about on Transfer Deadline Day........... which I am going to miss.......... Tbh ...I don't know what I'm going to do then lol Probably have a life lol

This summer has transformed from one I was absolutely dreading to one I am terribly excited to see arrive.

We have a real chance at keeping our best players and adding top level pieces to an already stalwart squad.

What has impressed me is the quiet way BK has gone about this. It's the Everton way....to keep things under wraps and then spring it on the media as a done deal.
Was anybody else around the night in the summer of 66 when my dad switched on the BBC news to hear the announcement that Everton had bought Alan Ball for a record £110,000. No warning......no media speculation. Just an announcement. The culmination of weeks of negotiation that had been completed without fanfare.
Everton that
The person who said that Bill appears to have played a blinder is spot on
I was a 13 year old paper boy in 1966. I left the newsagents, about 7.30am having been given the paper bag with all the papers in it. I rode off to the first house about about half a mile away, bunged the bike on the deck and had a quick butchers at the sports page of the first paper out of the bag. Probably woke half the road up with the shout of delight as I read about Bally signing!!!! It was a lovely sunny morning and it just got a lot sunnier and I didn't give an eff about the weight of the paper bag!!! Can't remember the number of days till the first match, but I was off on the train from Limey for his debut at Fulham - magic!!! Like you mention, totally out of the blue.

All I want is a decision about the stadium by the end of summer, either redevelopment or a new one, and Bobby to get 50m in the summer and we keep our best players.

If Lukaku and/or Stones want to leave good luck to them, they'll fetch 100m and we can reinvest that back into the team.

I think all of that can happen quite easily, anything else is the gravy on the roast dinner.
Why only 50 mil ...new tv deal alone should surpass that :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back