Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Slighly knee jerk don't you think? Does not bringing in one more player ignore all the other players we've brought in as well as the stadium developments we've had thus far?

I understand why people would be angry if this is what we go with but lets not go all OTT because of it.

Absolutely not kneejerk - it's the exact opposite in fact. I've been consistent on Moshiri - last summer was botched but I took into account the circumstances with Steve Walsh. I dismissed January, as everyone should. But this window has no excuses whatsoever.

We are still sell to buy and incompetent at the latter to boot. We've done no business whatsoever that Bill Kenwright couldn't have done. Few hours to go, perhaps a rabbit out the hat, but as of right now he is a fraud in my eyes, 100%.

Absolutely not kneejerk - it's the exact opposite in fact. I've been consistent on Moshiri - last summer was botched but I took into account the circumstances with Steve Walsh. I dismissed January, as everyone should. But this window has no excuses whatsoever.

We are still sell to buy and incompetent at the latter to boot. We've done no business whatsoever that Bill Kenwright couldn't have done. Few hours to go, perhaps a rabbit out the hat, but as of right now he is a fraud in my eyes, 100%.

Thought you were being serious till you wrote this.

Will reply to that at 11:00, Jim White better have some good news between 8 and 9

Don't hold yer breath.

A few weeks ago he said at the start of his radio programme that he had "jaw dropping" news for Everton fans.

I listened all blooming morning.

And my jaw never dropped :rant:

Last edited:

Slighly knee jerk don't you think? Does not bringing in one more player ignore all the other players we've brought in as well as the stadium developments we've had thus far?

I understand why people would be angry if this is what we go with but lets not go all OTT because of it.

We've not brought in one player that we couldn't of brought in had our previous majority shareholder still been at the helm. We'd of STILL made those signings in my opinion.

Don't hold yer breath.

A few weeks ago he said at the start of his radio programme that he had "jaw dropping" news for Everton fans".

I listened all blooming morning.

And my jaw never dropped :rant:

Oh, there will certainly be "news" when White comes on. We'll see a ludicrous bid for someone that will collapse, because Moshiri being 'besties' with Jim White dictates as much. His ego demands in on this pantomime, even if it's just delaying Vlasic.

Completely serious. We sold star players and bought in players from lesser clubs or unwanted at higher profile clubs with that money under Kenwright - nothing has changed.

It's a smart business model, but it's not an ambitious one. We're treading water still.

If all that's been achieved could have been done under Kenwright does the club suddenly look so different the minute someone else takes over? And not just on the transfer front because lets face it, that's just a part of a football club.

If all that's been achieved could have been done under Kenwright does the club suddenly look so different the minute someone else takes over? And not just on the transfer front because lets face it, that's just a part of a football club.

Does it?

All I see happening is wages have increased in line with TV money generally, with no actual investment into the squad beyond buying with what you bring in.

So basically what the Stokes and West Broms of this world do to survive, which is fine, but they don't have owners making unsubstantiated public comments about ambition and "not being a museum."

Does it?

All I see happening is wages have increased in line with TV money generally, with no actual investment into the squad beyond buying with what you bring in.

So basically what the Stokes and West Broms of this world do to survive, which is fine, but they don't have owners making unsubstantiated public comments about ambition and "not being a museum."

Ah so you're judging Moshiri's reign to date solely on what happens with transfers. Sound.

Does it?

Save the odd £50m here or there.
Reflect on that!

Ah so you're judging Moshiri's reign to date solely on what happens with transfers. Sound.

What else is there?

The cladding? Whoop dee doo!

The new stadium? No money down, nothing beyond plans, same words without substance yet.

Clearing loans? Oh, but then taking a "credit" facility elsewhere - basically moving around the goalposts.

So he's done nothing. Absolutely nothing. He has a manager making it clear he needs reinforcements for weeks, and we've done the exact same thing as last year.

At the very minimum, if he isn't a fraud, then he has a level of incompetence in the team below him that they should be booted out by this time tomorrow, because the likes of Steve Walsh and Robert Elstone should find their positions untenable. I highly doubt they will be, however, because I think this is exactly what Moshiri wanted - minimal investment, tread water.

No, but that he's been chatting a load of bollocks with his false promises on spending and getting players in. He's practically spent zilch of his own money. Exactly how it was with Kenwright.

He's a fraud. His true colours are now surfacing and he's now had 3 full transfer windows. Chats utter bollocks and like what was mentioned above, his grace period has gone, people are beginning to smell the stench.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back