Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
To be fair to @davek I don't tend to agree with a lot of what he says. But I do believe he means a lot of what he is saying. I just think he has said too much about Martinez to back down now. So I don't think his constant backing of Martinez is sincere. I may be wrong though.

Not totally disagreeing with you on that. But I actually think it contributes to the debate, in a sometimes annoying way :)

ask yourself who are Everton's top 5 players last season most would say barkley and Lukaku straight away

As for the other 3 spots most would say Coleman, Gueye and either Baines or schneiderlin (Jan signing like)

Outside of those 5 you start to struggle a bit some may say deuloefeu could technically be outstanding but is not consistent enough others might say that tom Davies had an outstanding debut season

Well we've sold Lukaku and deulofee, barkley wants out and will presumably never play for us again, Coleman is injured till probably new year, Baines is getting older and worser, Davies and schnedierlin have had indifferent starts to the season.

Moshiri is hoping that these 9 new players will gel but there is no guarantee that will happen. Are we a stronger team than last season for it though? I don't know I guess time will tell but it's dissapointing that a billionaire owner has only actually spent about 40 mil and our neighbours across the pond who did not even lose any key players this window have ended up spending nearly 100 mil more than us.

To be fair to @davek I don't tend to agree with a lot of what he says. But I do believe he means a lot of what he is saying. I just think he has said too much about Martinez to back down now. So I don't think his constant backing of Martinez is sincere. I may be wrong though.

The man is a veritable sage.

And it is probably better for him he is silenced at the moment because the rest of us are making points he would have made but in a much less shrill manner.

If he was making these points it would swiftly descend into a slanging match.

But I will say it again....@Davek is right more often than he is wrong.

He certainly hasn't come across as good as I had hoped, plus we were all expecting a quality forward, so that adds to the frustration. I would prefer he didn't do on Sky to discuss transfer matters though.

He has done a tremendous job with the club to date, especially when you think back to how the club was previously run. Debt cleared, quality manager brought in, backroom staff, investment, new ground secured, money well spent on players to improve the squad and the younger sides.
I know this won't appease everyone, but just think back a short while to when we were signing Niasse, Alcatraz, McGeady, Vellios etc. Do you see the current set up looking at that kind of quality? Moshiri has increased our profile (and our expectation) and quite rightly so. We are Everton FC. There is a lot of work to be done for a Club who does not have a history of European football year on year.

All in all are we better with him here? Yes. I like us all want more and yes I am a touch disappointed, but overall we are well on the way to becoming a force again and no one could have said that without his investment/business acumen.

Koeman brought in players who like to play behind a target man like Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

But we didn't buy a target man...........

Also a central defender and a left back were needed. Playing every game with Williams and/or jagielka is shocking. Top 6 is impossible with this squad. When Koeman came to Everton i read all kind of stories that he was promised heavy investments but last year we bought some players because we sold Stones, now we bought some players with the Lukaku money.

i can see a lot of troubles coming our way this season.

Koeman brought in players who like to play behind a target man like Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

But we didn't buy a target man...........

Also a central defender and a left back were needed. Playing every game with Williams and/or jagielka is shocking. Top 6 is impossible with this squad. When Koeman came to Everton i read all kind of stories that he was promised heavy investments but last year we bought some players because we sold Stones, now we bought some players with the Lukaku money.

i can see a lot of troubles coming our way this season.

And all along smart posts like this was called bedwetting!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back