Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Im not making excuses but maybe reasons- this has to have been the craziest trasfer window ever and although we obviously have more cash there isnt an endless supply. I actually think that that potentially other signings hinged on some players leaving- £10m for Niasse and £35m for Barkley would have armed us with some funds to buy other players.

Or as others would point out, pay for Gylfi.

But I don't believe in net spend.

My thoughts on Moshiri hence forth will revolve purely around the stadium. Deliver us a stadium on the docks to be proud of and he's a legend as far as I'm concerned. It is an absolutely insane transfer market at present, and I think that has to be taken into consideration. We were a striker away from having a very good window.

Laughing at people still defending this fella.

We've 'spent money' by accident here - he fully intended to recoup it through Barkley and Niasse. Expect £40m in sales as soon as January - all that's happened is that Mosh has had a bit of a shock and had his 'overdraft' temporarily eaten into.

There's no ambition here. No honesty. Just words and ego.
Very, very difficult to argue against this.

Moshiri owns the club...he doesn't care what you think.
I would guess that he isn't even aware of the existence of GOT or the sad people that inhabit it...including me.

There is a business plan in place and that will be followed ...and the nature of a business plan is that it doesn't include throwing money at everything and everybody that becomes available.

I am disappointed we didn't get a striker and there is no doubt Koeman is as well.
But, I think it may be that we were going to try to sign some specific players the manager wanted or sign no one.

I was as guilty as anybody else, at 10.30 last night I would have welcomed the signing of just about anybody and said it could be a good deal.
But, looking at it now, I think the plan is to try to settle in all of the new additions , these are important parts of the jigsaw, but certainly not all of it.
I think that a lot of building has been done, but there is more to do.
Was it ever going to be any other way ?

There is a plan, for the team for the ground..I think it probably is a four or five year plan and may take that long .

I would guess that he isn't even aware of the existence of GOT or the sad people that inhabit it...including me.

There is a business plan in place and that will be followed ...and the nature of a business plan is that it doesn't include throwing money at everything and everybody that becomes available.

I am disappointed we didn't get a striker and there is no doubt Koeman is as well.
But, I think it may be that we were going to try to sign some specific players the manager wanted or sign no one.

I was as guilty as anybody else, at 10.30 last night I would have welcomed the signing of just about anybody and said it could be a good deal.
But, looking at it now, I think the plan is to try to settle in all of the new additions , these are important parts of the jigsaw, but certainly not all of it.

There is a plan, for the team for the ground..I think it probably is a four or five year plan and may take that long .

Interesting, as we do seem to be in the process of building a youth squad that fits that timeframe

Honeymoon's well and truly over now...well it is for me...
I soon realised that the new ground was at the forefront of his plans and If his men Walsh and Koeman perform to spec then that would be the footy side sorted...well sorted enough to keep (most) of us off his back.

The business world where Mosh made his Dosh (see what I did there?) while risky, does have more cause and effect 'sure things' than the football world, especially if you're riding Usmanov - 'The Organ Grinders' coat tails.

Mosh banked on Walsh & Koeman's Past footballing performance guaranteeing future performance and that the percentages would pay out

But nobody can predict that Giroud's missus put the kibosh on going Oopt North...even to leafy Cheshire.

Agree with nearly all that mate.

One problem for me, and it's a big one I feel, is that from an attacking point of view we've brought in 4 players to play off and around a skilful centre forward/target man type. But we haven't brought in the player that will actually gel it all together.

Hopefully DCL can perform that role, but it's unfair to expect somebody so young to consistently perform that role to a high enough standard. So I do think that we will continue to look disjointed in our offensive play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back