Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Didn't Koeman say he only wanted his top choices in relation to CF.
For example, let's say Giroud rejected us.
Would you rather we went for Jon Walters or wait until January to get Giroud?

Waiting till January is a myth. Not going to happen. I'd just have expected us to hold off selling our star player until the manager had been given the right option. And if we'd failed to get the right player than Lukaku should have stayed whether he liked it or not.

Waiting till January is a myth. Not going to happen. I'd just have expected us to hold off selling our star player until the manager had been given the right option. And if we'd failed to get the right player than Lukaku should have stayed whether he liked it or not.
You've avoided the question Tim.

I don't know what people were expecting. He's worth 1.2b isn't he? How long would that last if he was financing deals personally.

This fella is not gonna buy us the league. He can't even buy us into the top 4.

Precisely my point. Compared to the owners of the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and the RS, Mr Moshiri is completely skint.

He's not even worth as much as the owner of Stoke City, Peter Coates.

I have thought that before haha. Can our Arabs hurry up please?
Chinese are the new arabs these days
Only problem is the Chinese government has copped and is stopping the major investment.
Serious question here.
If Moshiri builds the stadium and then sells the club can the new owners pay off the loan in one go to free up 30/40 m per year for transfers or does that fall foul of FFP
Also I seen a piece on Citys training ground and it's unbelievable, cost somewhere in the region of 200 m
Does this affect FFP if our owners done this @hibbo'sclass

Chinese are the new arabs these days
Only problem is the Chinese government has copped and is stopping the major investment.
Serious question here.
If Moshiri builds the stadium and then sells the club can the new owners pay off the loan in one go to free up 30/40 m per year for transfers or does that fall foul of FFP
Also I seen a piece on Citys training ground and it's unbelievable, cost somewhere in the region of 200 m
Does this affect FFP if our owners done this @hibbo'sclass

Stadiums, facilities, academies, all that, nil effect on FFP.

I'm a big fan of his. Anyone doubting him is deluded - what did you expect him to do? Throw a billion quid in? lol

From my view he's only failed with one aspect since taking over and that's with not bringing in top commercial heads into the club.

The opportunity of getting a good shirt sponsor was thrown away. We would've been better off keeping Chang for a 1 year extension and then hoping that our commercial standing is better next year (with Europe, players like Rooney etc).

We need to get rid of Umbro at the earliest opportunity and get onto Nike or Adidas.

Bill wouldn't allow us to get a striker because of the cash. So, that's only Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Rooney, Klaassen, etc he's got in for us at the cost of £142m this Summer.

I wasn't saying Watched toffee is reliable at all or what Barton has been spouting is true.But Bill still has a major role in our transfers and none of us are happy the main position wasn't filled while we sold our biggest threat, are we?!I feel sick watching Rom slotting week after week knowing we haven't even got one player in to replace him.

I said before Bill had a good first half of the window in terms of recruitment. But you don't blame him in any regard for the inability to fill the final position?For selling Rom quite cheaply comparitively without a replacement? Bill has messed up various transfer deals over the years too many to go into, yes he's had a few successes too and he was operating sell to buy back then, he's good at selling generally and getting the most he can. But negotiating transfers in isn't his strength for me we need a new team to do that. Bill loves his Walsh shield right now because Walsh identifies players Koeman has to agree on them, Bill gets them, look at the chain and who is to blame. Yet Walsh seems to be taking the flak for the board.

Last edited:
He'll go all quiet now, a la BK over the years during tough times on field.

May hear the occasional spin from his pal at Talksport.

Strikes me as too weak, or not ruthless enough at least, to build a successful team.

Hope he gets the stadium right. We'll be forever grateful. Then move on please.

I wasn't saying Watched toffee is reliable at all or what Barton has been spouting is true.But Bill still has a major role in our transfers and none of us are happy the main position wasn't filled while we sold our biggest threat, are we?!I feel sick watching Rom slotting week after week knowing we haven't even got one player in to replace him.

I said before Bill had a good first half of the window in terms of recruitment. But you don't blame him in any regard for the inability to fill the final position?For selling Rom quite cheaply comparitively without a replacement? Bill has messed up various transfer deals over the years too many to go into, yes he's had a few successes too and he was operating sell to buy back then, he's good at selling generally and getting the most he can. But negotiating transfers in isn't his strength for me we need a new team to do that. Bill loves his Walsh shield right now because Walsh identifies players Koeman has to agree on them, Bill gets them, look at the chain and who is to blame. Yet Walsh seems to be taking the flak for the board.
I'm really not sure how it's Walsh's fault he must get a brief from koeman how the team will setup and identity them players then it goes to whoever is dealing with transfers and budgets.
I could just about hold with the view that kenwright should have stayed on for six months to deal with transfers then passed it on to whoever moshiri was to bring in ,but for him and elstone still to be involved is a major failing of moshiri

I'm a big fan of his. Anyone doubting him is deluded - what did you expect him to do? Throw a billion quid in? lol

From my view he's only failed with one aspect since taking over and that's with not bringing in top commercial heads into the club.

The opportunity of getting a good shirt sponsor was thrown away. We would've been better off keeping Chang for a 1 year extension and then hoping that our commercial standing is better next year (with Europe, players like Rooney etc).

We need to get rid of Umbro at the earliest opportunity and get onto Nike or Adidas.
From my view he's only failed with one aspect
appointing Koeman

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back