Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm surprised that people are surprised.

The writing was on the wall when moshiri took over and instead of replacing clowns like Elstone and Bill, he kept them on.

We manage to waste transfer window after transfer window and are told 'we can get any player we want now' - another load of BS from The Master of BS.

People hanging hope on the January window? Don't. They proven time and time again they can't get it right.

Most clubs buy a replacement for a key position like centre forward before they sell their crown jewel but not this lot. They'd rather sell the crown jewel cheap and scramble for a replacement months later and fail.

Under Moshiri, we'll have sold Stones, Lukaku and only by a set of strange circumstances Ross Barkley.

Nothing will be the same apparently.

Farhad Moshiri, who made his money both working as the chief accountant for Alisher Usmanov's dodgy background deals as well as stakes in the Russian mining and steel industry, isn't ruthless enough for Everton Football Club.

Jesus. Wept.

His endgame is to sell for a hefty profit, which means he has to improve efc in every way, so let him get on with it.
That's great. I'd take 11th right now. That's how poor his 'regime' has gone about things. Great progress that after 2 seasons that will be ;)
Get on with what exactly? The main job should be on field success. We are nowhere near that. It's amateur hour at the Everton FC unfortunately.

Farhad Moshiri, who made his money both working as the chief accountant for Alisher Usmanov's dodgy background deals as well as stakes in the Russian mining and steel industry, isn't ruthless enough for Everton Football Club.

Jesus. Wept.
I'm not saying I agree but it isn't as stupid an idea as you suggest.

I once worked with a bloke who was renowned across the entire industry as a ruthless and often unscrupulous operator. He set up his own business about 2 years ago and it failed. When I spoke to him about it, he believed it was partly due to him not being ruthless enough. Basically when he was working for someone else he could just tell himself he was doing his job, but when he was the one in charge he was too nice to make the real clinical decisions.

I wasn't saying Watched toffee is reliable at all or what Barton has been spouting is true.But Bill still has a major role in our transfers and none of us are happy the main position wasn't filled while we sold our biggest threat, are we?!I feel sick watching Rom slotting week after week knowing we haven't even got one player in to replace him.

I said before Bill had a good first half of the window in terms of recruitment. But you don't blame him in any regard for the inability to fill the final position?For selling Rom quite cheaply comparitively without a replacement? Bill has messed up various transfer deals over the years too many to go into, yes he's had a few successes too and he was operating sell to buy back then, he's good at selling generally and getting the most he can. But negotiating transfers in isn't his strength for me we need a new team to do that. Bill loves his Walsh shield right now because Walsh identifies players Koeman has to agree on them, Bill gets them, look at the chain and who is to blame. Yet Walsh seems to be taking the flak for the board.

I'm well pissed off mate that we never got a quality striker in, even more so because we had supposedly known for yonks Lukaku was going.

The thing is though mate, we don't know what's happened behind closed over getting a striker in, that tit Barton could well be right that it was down to Kenwright.

It just sounds weird that Kenwright would have the final say over Moshiri and the rest of the board, unless Kenwright still holds more power than we think.

I'm well pissed off mate that we never got a quality striker in, even more so because we had supposedly known for yonks Lukaku was going.

The thing is though mate, we don't know what's happened behind closed over getting a striker in, that tit Barton could well be right that it was down to Kenwright.

It just sounds weird that Kenwright would have the final say over Moshiri and the rest of the board, unless Kenwright still holds more power than we think.

Its just easy to blame Bill, thats all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back