Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So your saying if we had Falcao upfront with his 9 goals in 6 games, it wouldnt make a difference?

Interesting viewpoint.

Well that is interesting mein frandel because that is less than 2 goals a game and sadly this week we have been beaten by 3+ goals a game so therefore even with Falcao we wouldn't be flying ha ha ha that is a word pun to disguise my Everton sadness

yes, from Farhad's interview, the great disaster of the window for him was not getting in the readies for Ross, which tells you all you need to know about how much actual money we are spending

..yes. I think there's a funding envelope at the beginning of every window, circa £50m this summer, plus whatever comes in via outgoings. I think this is fair enough and a much better position than the pre-Moshiri regime.

So your saying if we had Falcao upfront with his 9 goals in 6 games, it wouldnt make a difference?

Interesting viewpoint.

I'm saying a striker doesn't fix the problems we have, its a problem but its not the defining solution that suddenly kick starts our season.
For all the supposed creativity we recruited during the summer we sit bottom (or close as) of chances created.

Understandably stats can be a warped way of looking at football, so with that in mind I'll use my own judgement to say were a static, one dimensional, narrow, and rather disjointed team at the moment.
If you can pinpoint Koemans high press philosophy in any of the current matches then I'm clearly missing something.

Saying that its all well and good throwing out hypothetical scenarios, obviously a striker scoring 9 goals in 6 games would help, but we don't have that so what's your point. Koeman has his team and its down to him to make it work instead of the defeatist nature he's giving off.

Last edited:
Hiii mate, I'm glad you're happy to gloat that Everton are struggling.

What a fan, hats off

We are struggling Christopher yes. Struggling with the players brought in, that only 2 weeks ago, you said you were ' very happy with '. Basically implying we didn't need a striker. You were very happy with our window, no ifs and buts in replying to me.

I on the other hand was concerned with our shape, buying numerous # 10's, not having any width and in footy terms, not having a number 9. You laughed your bollocks off, what a fan.

..yes. I think there's a funding envelope at the beginning of every window, circa £50m this summer, plus whatever comes in via outgoings. I think this is fair enough and a much better position than the pre-Moshiri regime.
but if he'd got the Ross money in we'd have just about broken even?

I'm saying a striker doesn't fix the problems we have, its a problem but its not the defining solution that suddenly kick starts our season.
For all the supposed creativity we recruited during the summer we sit bottom (or close as) of chances created.

Understandably stats can be a warped way of looking at football, so with that in mind I'll use my own judgement to say were a static, one dimensional, narrow, and rather disjointed team at the moment.
If you can pinpoint Koemans high press philosophy in any of the current matches then I'm clearly missing something.

Saying that its all well and good throwing out hypothetical scenarios, obviously a striker scoring 9 goals in 6 games would help, but we don't have that so what's your point. Koeman has his team and its down to him to make it work instead of the defeatist nature he's giving off.

..yes, I tend to agree that there are a number of 'gaps' that need filling and one in isolation won't provide an immediate fix. A striker who is essentially a finisher will finish off chances but we are not exactly creating much in that department.

We are struggling Christopher yes. Struggling with the players brought in, that only 2 weeks ago, you said you were ' very happy with '. Basically implying we didn't need a striker. You were very happy with our window, no ifs and buts in replying to me.

I on the other hand was concerned with our shape, buying numerous # 10's, not having any width and in footy terms, not having a number 9. You laughed your bollocks off, what a fan.

And I'm still happy with the players we brought in, my stance hasn't changed. I still said we should have got a striker but I'm still happy.

And I laughed my bollocks at the state of the cry arsing and absolute meltdowns that some people had, it was childish, petulant and hilarious, it was the most geordieish thing I'd seen in a long time.

I'd still never bet against my team failing though, and then gloat when they are.

Koeman doesnt have his team.

He said for the whole of the month of August, at least 6-7 times, that he NEEDS a striker and a left sided CB.

Koeman doesnt have his team.

He said for the whole of the month of August, at least 6-7 times, that he NEEDS a striker and a left sided CB.

Don't sell Lukaku then - but thats still not the fix.

We are totally unbalanced with or without a number 9 - trying to fit our midfield together is a puzzle within a puzzle, and thats outside of the lack of forward options.
Regardless of who officially makes the signings, Koeman was quite happy with the players we got, and it is in his best interests to work with the current set-up instead of throwing out titbits for the board, media, and fans alike.

Was it not Koeman who played with no width, signed a £45m 'number 10' only to play him left of a front 3, played Sandro central, shoehorned Rooney wide right, and then clogged the midfield with samey players each more narrower then the other. That's not simply going of yesterdays game, but summarizing the plight of our team these past few games.

The whole argument a striker/cb fixes this is once again making excuses when none are required. Having a targetman doesn't fix the lack of movement from the midfield, it doesn't suddenly fix the lack of width/pace that's been stripped from the team, and nor does it fix a defence -as a collective not individuals- that is average at best.

I'm far from qualified to pluck a random team together and say I know what i'm talking about, but having a targetman works if you have players who can run off him and/or a team that plays higher up the pitch allowing the team to build from the front. We have neither.

And I've said all this before but Martinez was never given this much leeway with transfers - regardless what you think of him as a coach he called out in numerous press conferences players/positions he wanted and got none. Was he given the benefit of the doubt? - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fan-qa-roberto-martinez-11272823

On a side note if you are really going down the route of 'Koeman wanted' but didn't get then we may as well call this season a dud until January?

We are totally unbalanced with or without a number 9 - trying to fit our midfield together is a puzzle within a puzzle, and thats outside of the lack of forward options.
Regardless of who officially makes the signings, Koeman was quite happy with the players we got, and it is in his best interests to work with the current set-up instead of throwing out titbits for the board, media, and fans alike.

Was it not Koeman who played with no width, signed a £45m 'number 10' only to play him left of a front 3, played Sandro central, shoehorned Rooney wide right, and then clogged the midfield with samey players each more narrower then the other. That's not simply going of yesterdays game, but summarizing the plight of our team these past few games.

The whole argument a striker/cb fixes this is once again making excuses when none are required. Having a targetman doesn't fix the lack of movement from the midfield, it doesn't suddenly fix the lack of width/pace that's been stripped from the team, and nor does it fix a defence -as a collective not individuals- that is average at best.

And I've said all this before but Martinez was never given this much leeway with transfers - regardless what you think of his as a coach he called out in numerous press conferences players/positions he wanted and got none. Was he given the benefit of the doubt?

On a side note if you are really going down the route of 'Koeman wanted' but didn't get then we may as well call this season a dud until January?

This League season is over, forget the league.

Its all about the cups.

A number 9 improves the team more than anything else in the world, look how much better we look with young DCL up top, now imagine the improvement with an actual Striker who isnt 20 years old, the whole team moves 20 yards up the field, Iceland has somebody to hit with a cross, Rooney has somebody to play off, hell Williams even has somebody to try and hit with his HOOF.

If you dont think an actual targetman would help us, then I cant help you.

I'm far from qualified to pluck a random team together and say I know what i'm talking about, but having a targetman works if you have players who can run off him and/or a team that plays higher up the pitch allowing the team to build from the front. We have neither.

And I've said all this before but Martinez was never given this much leeway with transfers - regardless what you think of him as a coach he called out in numerous press conferences players/positions he wanted and got none. Was he given the benefit of the doubt? - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fan-qa-roberto-martinez-11272823

That's pure and utter tripe

Moshiri OUT

And I'm still happy with the players we brought in, my stance hasn't changed. I still said we should have got a striker but I'm still happy.

And I laughed my bollocks at the state of the cry arsing and absolute meltdowns that some people had, it was childish, petulant and hilarious, it was the most geordieish thing I'd seen in a long time.

I'd still never bet against my team failing though, and then gloat when they are.

There is betting against your team and then being realistic with your team. Absolutely nothing wrong with seeing our team, players and club without the blue tinted specs on.

I guess I will wait to name my charity of choice to keep it interesting.

This League season is over, forget the league.

Its all about the cups.

A number 9 improves the team more than anything else in the world, look how much better we look with young DCL up top, now imagine the improvement with an actual Striker who isnt 20 years old, the whole team moves 20 yards up the field, Iceland has somebody to hit with a cross, Rooney has somebody to play off, hell Williams even has somebody to try and hit with his HOOF.

If you dont think an actual targetman would help us, then I cant help you.
Jesus Christ!! 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and we will probably be around 6-7th in the league!! With 30 odd games remaining...

There is betting against your team and then being realistic with your team. Absolutely nothing wrong with seeing our team, players and club without the blue tinted specs on.

I guess I will wait to name my charity of choice to keep it interesting.

Blue tinted specs would be saying we'd win the league.

Saying that we have a better squad than last year and think that Arsenal should be in our sites was realistic. Just glad that the internet and things like twitter weren't around the 80's

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back