Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Nice rebuttal to the questions there.
When in doubt don't answer any.

Enjoy 'vaulting' people

_97840650_kickoff.jpg

On the left is United, who had a number 9, on the right is Everton, who didnt, but hey ho, a lack of a real striker isnt an issue in your world.

Koeman doesnt have his team.

He said for the whole of the month of August, at least 6-7 times, that he NEEDS a striker and a left sided CB.

The issue I have with Koeman though, is why so fervently argue for Siggurdson over getting the two players above you mention.

Might sound strange but I'd be far happier with Chris Wood and Ben Gibson.

_97840650_kickoff.jpg

On the left is United, who had a number 9, on the right is Everton, who didnt, but hey ho, a lack of a real striker isnt an issue in your world.

No offence what a stupid, stupid comparison.
I've said our midfield is not mobile, our defense is not mobile, and you've merely shown Manchester United.

What works for them won't work for us for the aforementioned reasons.
If you can come up with something that shows how a number 9 will suddenly fix OUR problems then please do.

No offence what a stupid, stupid comparison.
I've said our midfield is not mobile, our defense is not mobile, and you've merely shown Manchester United.

What works for them won't work for us for the aforementioned reasons.
If you can come up with something that shows how a number 9 will suddenly fix OUR problems then please do.

Ever heard of this concept of "hold-up play"?

We could do with a bit of that.

Ever heard of this concept of "hold-up play"?

We could do with a bit of that.

Ever heard of runners from midfield, or lets say a defense that isn't camped inside there 18 yard box - we're slow to get up the pitch.

No point pointing out how this works for other teams when we don't have the resources/players available to us.
For examples sake lets take Giroud, he works at Arsenal as an alternative option from the bench because they have pace from midfield, they already hold a high line so the gap between the midfield/forwards is already greatly reduced. We on the other hand barely get any players into the box to get on the end of crosses, let alone stretch a back line and/or the pitch, so this mystical hold up play will only go so far before its limitations also become apparent.

Last edited:
We are struggling Christopher yes. Struggling with the players brought in, that only 2 weeks ago, you said you were ' very happy with '. Basically implying we didn't need a striker. You were very happy with our window, no ifs and buts in replying to me.

I on the other hand was concerned with our shape, buying numerous # 10's, not having any width and in footy terms, not having a number 9. You laughed your bollocks off, what a fan.

Chris is a funny one.

Last year he was calling Koeman worse than Martinez and Smith. He's called Keane an "overrated English yard dog" and said he and Pickford wouldn't start if they were signed. He also said Gylfi was garbage.

Ever heard of runners from midfield where slow to get up the pitch, or lets say a defense that isn't camped inside there 18 yard box.
No point pointing out how this works for other teams when we don't have the resources/players available to us.
For examples sake lets take Giroud, he works at Arsenal as an alternative option from the bench because they have pace from midfield, they already hold a high line so the gap between the midfield/forwards is already greatly reduced. We on the other hand barely get any players into the box to get on the end of crosses, let alone stretch a back line and/or the pitch, so this mystical hold up play will only go so far before its limitations also become apparent.

Hey mate?

Do you think maybe one of the reasons we sit so deep is because we know the ball is coming right back because we can't hold onto possession in the final third?

Hey mate?

Do you think maybe one of the reasons we sit so deep is because we know the ball is coming right back because we can't hold onto possession in the final third?

No I don't because we were the same last season with Lukaku.
And no because were a generally one paced, one dimensional team.

The midfield doesn't suddenly fix itself by having a number 9.

No I don't because we were the same last season with Lukaku.
And no because were a generally one paced, one dimensional team.

The midfield doesn't suddenly fix itself by having a number 9.

It would help us keep possession further up the field do you disagree with that?

Lukaku isn't the type of striker we are talking about.

It would help us keep possession further up the field do you disagree with that?

Lukaku isn't the type of striker we are talking about.

One man holding the ball further field is all well and good but if the support is lacking then it'll be a pointless exercise.

Understandingly we're talking about a striker in Giroud's mold, but as I tried to explain previous that'll only ever work if you've pace/support from midfield, and a back line that aren't slow. Its all well and good us pushing higher on up, we'd be over exposed as our defense is slow with there backs to goal. So by all means get in a number 9, but there are more failings in this team that need addressing before we become an efficient unit. End of the day Koeman should be able to adapt; have a 'plan b' which many called Martinez out for not having.
I'm not sitting here saying he hasn't been let down in the transfer window, he has, but a lot of mistakes we've made this season have been brushed under the carpet with the reasoning we don't have a number 9.

I'll tell you how. If we get a decent striker we'll score more goals. If we score more goals then chances are we'll get more points.

It's 'kin simple really lad.

On topic: Farhad out. :red:

How - we don't create chances.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back