Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I totally agree with the Klassen shout, he's a player who's adapt at playing quick football, is a quick thinker, and just generalizing here but coming from Ajax he'd fit the mold of that support player.

I'll happily agree we need someone to hold the ball up, but just like Mr Goat using Man United as an example, I'd say look at Arsenal and the gulf between the teams midfielders is clearly obvious. Even using Goats United example the gulf is clear, but obviously Arsenal is more apt given we were looking at Giroud. Understandably we've only had DCL as something to go off, and its not criticism o his, but it didn't work as well as people are making out, we created one chance against 10 men.

I'd be persuaded to agree a targetman would/could fix the midfield problems, but I don't see the defense being able to press higher as we'd still lack pace on the turn.
Again you are right to say a targetman is something that could push us upfielld, but having one over the other would leave us with limitations, and likely caught between pressing high because we have an outlet, but getting caught on the counter/exposed at the back.
I've don't like to criticise people at the club because, as merely supporters, we have no knowledge of what goes on in there, but (and there's always a but) for any club that aspires to sup at the top table, to not have a replacement in before selling their greatest asset for many years, smacks of gross negligence at the highest level. We, as fans, will probably only find out when someone is quietly shuffled out of the back door!

Horses for courses.

Koemans ideal CB was seemingly for cover purposes, but thats just an assumption going of what he says.

But trying to throw this back on topic slightly -and opening another debate for anyone interested- why is Koeman getting the excuse of wanting players but not getting them, yet Martinez was never given that?

Well to be fair Martinez wanted Demba Ba but ended up with Lukaku.

But thats totally off topic, El Fraudo has his own thread.

Well to be fair Martinez wanted Demba Ba but ended up with Lukaku.

But thats totally off topic, El Fraudo has his own thread.

Is Martinez's transfer business & that of our current manager not relevant anyway to Moshiri?
Why every topic title needs to be literal I'm not sure.

Doesn't matter who he wanted, and who he signed, he asked many a time for certain players/positions and wasn't backed so its clearly not a new issue.

Horses for courses.

Koemans ideal CB was seemingly for cover purposes, but thats just an assumption going of what he says.

But trying to throw this back on topic slightly -and opening another debate for anyone interested- why is Koeman getting the excuse of wanting players but not getting them, yet Martinez was never given that?

The expectations for Martinez aren't the same of what they are for Koeman.

It is also only the beginning of his second year, people were making plenty of excuses for Martinez for his last two years.

Is Martinez's transfer business & that of our current manager not relevant anyway to Moshiri?
Why every topic title needs to be literal I'm not sure.

Doesn't matter who he wanted, and who he signed, he asked many a time for certain players/positions and wasn't backed so its clearly not a new issue.

Martinez is the reason we now have a DoF.

The expectations for Martinez aren't the same of what they are for Koeman.

It is also only the beginning of his second year, people were making plenty of excuses for Martinez for his last two years.

Unsure if you are saying expectations were lower under Martinez -which is true- but if that was the case surely he'd be given more leeway from fans.

Martinez is the reason we now have a DoF.

That's a likely scenario but at the same time I think there was a lot of talk prior to Martinez that it was Moshiri's preference anyway.

Unsure if you are saying expectations were lower under Martinez -which is true- but if that was the case surely he'd be given more leeway from fans.

That's a likely scenario but at the same time I think there was a lot of talk prior to Martinez that it was Moshiri's preference anyway.

So I assume you blame Moshiri for the fact that we didnt get a Striker in?

I mean hes on top of the pile so its clearly happened on his watch, so he must of course take his share of the blame, the blame should then filter down, to the CEO, the DoF, but it shouldnt filter down to the manager, whos job is just to coach and pick the team. You see Martinez was in sole charge of transfers, so the buck stopped at him, but Koeman has stated time and time again that he doesnt get involved in the buying and selling of players.

Yes, the expectations were lower and he was also given more leeway.

Mr mkrudden could you please explain why,thank you.
I just think he was worth giving cash to.
He brought some flair to our play in an attacking sense.
With 100m he would have brought some defenders in.
All jokes aside, I still think his first year is the best footy we've played since '87.

Farhad's only mistake thus far has been sacking Martinez.
giphy.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back