Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's their issue, because that was never the case. If people are cry arsing because he's not spending his personal fortune on Everton transfers then they need to climb right back into their hole.

People forget how poorly we were run, they see a new investor then automatically got their little, tiny sausages hard expecting us to go on a city style splurge.

He came here to stabilise the business, make it more commercially viable so we're not having 85% of our income operating the day to day runnings of the business due to extremely poor financial decisions of our previous board members

You can't expect to improve on past failings by keeping those responsible for past failings in their roles. Our board is continuing as before. Same faces. Same errors. Same lack of ambition.

You can't expect to improve on past failings by keeping those responsible for past failings in their roles. Our board is continuing as before. Same faces. Same errors. Same lack of ambition.

Thats just not true at all.

Yes there are mistakes, like every other business in the world (inc football clubs) but the club is not the same as it was 3 years ago. And in all honesty, things don't happen over night. Organisational change is one of the hardest things a business will go through, out with the old ways and in with the new.

I know you would have liked to have woken up the day after Moshiri bought into Everton to see Messi and Ronaldo had signed pre-agreements and a new stadium was all boxed off and ready to go. But thats not how the world works

I agree with Chris - this is tough period for us all, especially after one of the most exciting transfer windows in recent memory raising expectations hugely, despite the loss of Lukaku. Failing to get a prolific striker was an error but I still feel fairly optimistic about the rest of the season and possibly a good cup run. A sense of perspective is needed - when the manager of Manchester United is commenting on how tough our start has been you realize that the fixture computer has not been kind to us, especially with so many new players trying to find their feet. I seem to remember Spurs going through a similar poor start to the season after selling Bale, and I don't think the fixtures were as hard on them that year as they have been on us.

BMD is what we all want to hear about and hopefully there will be news soon, including some renderings! It would give Evertonians a huge lift to see the first images of a potentially iconic stadium on the waterfront. I always thought there would be more pain before it got better. Still think things are changing at Goodison and just a little bit more patience is required I hope.

The problem is "nothing will be the same", "monopoly money", its raised expectations, wrongly, cos things are still the same, we dont have monopoly money.

We as fans forget all the good things, like the vast outlay in players, the new stadium hopefully getting closer, cos as fans we only care what happens on the pitch. On the pitch we are getting outplayed, outfought, we are barely competing, so we look for somebody to blame. The vast majority are blaming the manager, but I personally feel the manager was let down, AGAIN, like he was last summer.

Theres something rotten in this club and the smell will linger.

The problem is "nothing will be the same", "monopoly money", its raised expectations, wrongly, cos things are still the same, we dont have monopoly money.

We as fans forget all the good things, like the vast outlay in players, the new stadium hopefully getting closer, cos as fans we only care what happens on the pitch. On the pitch we are getting outplayed, outfought, we are barely competing, so we look for somebody to blame. The vast majority are blaming the manager, but I personally feel the manager was let down, AGAIN, like he was last summer.

The hard part is separating the 'here and now' On Field stuff, from the Off Field on going into the future stuff.
I get the feeling Moshiri wants to...But you can't, it doesn't work like that.
He, Moshiri has stated that Bill 'knows' the football stuff and he may have left it all to him and Bobby Suntan, while he gets on with the big picture high finance new ground stuff.
I used to think it was 70%-30%; off field - on field. Not too sure of that now.

Moshiri picked Koeman...on the strength of what I'm not sure, he may have left Bill to look after him...and 2 half jobs never make a full job.

Somebody need to take charge of this Club, before it's too late. Bill did but can't, Moshiri won't - yet, but must.

The 3 (or is it 4) way Barkley going to Bill and Koeman going to Moshiri is just a example / symptom.

So what you're essentially saying is, it's The Esk's fault?

Never seen such hyperbole from one man before, and we all bought into it.

I was really hoping for a really cut throat, ruthless businessman who knew exactly what he wants and was driven to achieve his goals at all cost's.

I suppose what I was hoping for, was an Usmanov type character. Alltho we haven't ended up with Usmanov I was kind of hoping he might be pulling the strings thro Moshiri. Well we can rule that out 100% after 3 disastrous windows, whichever way you look at them. The team has seemingly regressed under Moshiri's tenure, with us spending more than ever.

the pure fact that we are left with no number 9, that has any prior experience in the toughest league in the world speaks utter volumes.

What sort of owner/chairman leaves things so late that we end up without a striker. This is gross negligence, that has already derailed our season. we have basically given our main rivals a 10 point headstart in what would already be considered a vastly improved league this year.

Spending 8 weeks arguing, lets face it , over a couple extra million here or there over Sigurrdsson has also cost us. We have a barely fit player early on, and now he has a huge burden of expectation to carry as he is our biggest signing and fans expect him to fill the majority of the massive , gaping Lukaku sized hole in our team.

This debacle stems right from the top. Miss-managed from the board down to the pitch.

I am totally unconvinced about how decisive our majority shareholder is, and I'm not completely sure who is actually making the BIG decisions.

What I am sure about is the run we are on, and if it were to continue, then would we need a ruthless decision, will Mr Moshiri be able to deliver that, I doubt it very much. We have seemingly got what we have got, not Usmanov himself, but his accountant, who is massively out of his depth.

But he also said that option 1 and 2 for striker didn't come off and he didn't want to go to options 4,5 or 6 because it wasn't the quality he wanted.

I'm guessing they didn't come off because we were priced out

Which therefore means either the board weren't prepared to pay (perhaps as Barkley didn't go through)

And or Koeman spent what was promised plus player sales badly and was left with not enough to sign the striker he wanted.

Either way it's a mess and someone is to blame. Quite who no one knows for certain.

Which therefore means either the board weren't prepared to pay (perhaps as Barkley didn't go through)

And or Koeman spent what was promised plus player sales badly and was left with not enough to sign the striker he wanted.

Either way it's a mess and someone is to blame. Quite who no one knows for certain.

..SW and RK will have their own view of a player's value. Remember the Sky TV day at USM FF when Walsh said he knows the value of players and will look at value for money. It won't necessarily be Moshiri who makes that judgement, more often than not Walsh and Koeman will.

its seems nothing was learnt from the window one debacle.

strange that bill and bob were still involved. coincidence? again, this was down to Moshiri to address, if bill and bob were not capable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back