Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
something tells me the stadium will be done on the cheap. not perhaps what we all really want.

I will wait for plans before properly bemoaning the stadium development. but I'm already starting to get a little concerned.

The ground will be ace.

The long term nature of the funding will give the usual suspects some bullets, but anyone who has even the slightest clue how most commercial property deals are financed will be fine with it.

30m net spend which would have been reduced to a minimal net gain if we'd sold Barkley. So yes, considering TV deals are astronomical, he's not putting anywhere close to high amounts into the club.

..that is assuming the envelope was empty at the end of the window. I suppose funds could have been left and RK/SW didn't want to spend on what was available. Nobody truly knows, although I suspect we'd spent up and needed incomings to do any more business.

The ground will be ace.

The long term nature of the funding will give the usual suspects some bullets, but anyone who has even the slightest clue how most commercial property deals are financed will be fine with it.

Like I say I will wait to see the plans before making an assessment. The build up alone to even seeing anything resembling some plans at this stage though is quite concerning to me.

I hope the 300 million budget mentioned is just the start, rather than the full budget for the whole development.

Since the spv got approved, all talk on the stadium has gone deadly silent.

Why?

It's part of Liverpool Waters.....it won't be done "on the cheap" and be a stain on a multi billion pound development project.

well I guess we will just have to wait and see. Nobody knows what kind of stadium we are looking at yet, considering Spur's new ground is costing nearly 800 million, I would be expecting ours to be somewhere near that figure, especially where it is being built, on a world heritage site.

Like I say I will wait to see the plans before making an assessment. The build up alone to even seeing anything resembling some plans at this stage though is quite concerning to me.

I hope the 300 million budget mentioned is just the start, rather than the full budget for the whole development.

Since the spv got approved, all talk on the stadium has gone deadly silent.

Well, we have a stadium thread, and there is a pretty ace Meis web site on there now, and is looking like progress to me. Get you on plans/pics mind.

My own view of that SPV thing is that it was a CWG "bid" opportunity to enable the funding to be derisked for serious property players enabling them to include their funding into low risk portfolios they flog to folk like Councils, ironically.

....for me, the process is;

- start of the window the Manager is told how much he has to spend, plus any monies from outgoing transfers.

- who the monies are spent on is entirely down to RK and SW. They provide Kenwright with an approximate valuation and he does the rest.

Not sure how Moshiri can be criticised except if folk don't think the Manager has enough to spend.

I think Barkley McCarthy Mori Lennon Naisse not being sold or being available to sell put a big hole in Koemans plans.
Those players alone could have raised 100 m to spend on 2/3 quality first team / squad players if they could have been sold.

well I guess we will just have to wait and see. Nobody knows what kind of stadium we are looking at yet, considering Spur's new ground is costing nearly 800 million, I would be expecting ours to be somewhere near that figure, especially where it is being built, on a world heritage site.
Spurs stadium is bigger , London building costs are dearer , Spurs are putting in a retractable artificial surface , theirs is a rebuild / conversion which is dearer there's no way our stadium will cost anything like 800m
Plus I wouldn't believe the Lord's Prayer out of Levys mouth

Spurs stadium is bigger , London building costs are dearer , Spurs are putting in a retractable artificial surface , theirs is a rebuild / conversion which is dearer there's no way our stadium will cost anything like 800m
Plus I wouldn't believe the Lord's Prayer out of Levys mouth

I understand all the building costs , but it wont be cheap, building on a world heritage site. Things will be a lot more awkward than normal.

Even if you were to take 200m off the Spurs budget, which seems very reasonable, then we are still looking at 600m, rather han 300m that has been mentioned. Thas a huge difference.

It will be interesting to find out our true budget for the whole stadium development.

I understand all the building costs , but it wont be cheap, building on a world heritage site. Things will be a lot more awkward than normal.

Even if you were to take 200m off the Spurs budget, which seems very reasonable, then we are still looking at 600m, rather han 300m that has been mentioned. Thas a huge difference.

It will be interesting to find out our true budget for the whole stadium development.

I dont think "we" have, or need a budget.

But I do think we will be sole occupiers, paying an easily affordable rent/mortgage, to a range of investors.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back