Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He didn't provide what the manager needed and sold our best player. For me the board are the problem at Everton and have been for 20 years. No manager can flourish under this regime where your best striker is sold for 90m and all they get in through the door as a replacement is a 5m punt

He didn't exactly sell our best player out from under the managers nose now did he ( remember Ferguson to Newcastle )
Lukaku wanted to go , said he was going , his snake agent had it all set up for him and Pogba to become rimming partners so he had to go.
Koeman knew this and got the money to spend and more.
Maybe Koeman should have made a striker his first priority but maybe he didn't want to be dependent on one player to provide goals
Where would we have been if Rom got injured last Sept and was out for 6 months

Like I say I will wait to see the plans before making an assessment. The build up alone to even seeing anything resembling some plans at this stage though is quite concerning to me.

I hope the 300 million budget mentioned is just the start, rather than the full budget for the whole development.

Since the spv got approved, all talk on the stadium has gone deadly silent.
Like when you get loan approval to build a new house or an extension
The architect draws up rough plans to suit you , goes to council to see what will fly , council takes weeks to get back to you , architect does final plans , sends them in , council looks for minor plan changes and on and on.
And that's just a house build
These things take time
Council has to be consulted, whoever looks after world heritage sites has to be consulted , local safety officers , police , etc will all have their say before a set of plans can be put to the board and then they may want changes.
Remember a camel is a horse designed by committee

That's their issue, because that was never the case. If people are cry arsing because he's not spending his personal fortune on Everton transfers then they need to climb right back into their hole.

People forget how poorly we were run, they see a new investor then automatically got their little, tiny sausages hard expecting us to go on a city style splurge.

He came here to stabilise the business, make it more commercially viable so we're not having 85% of our income operating the day to day runnings of the business due to extremely poor financial decisions of our previous board members

I agree with that and that's all great stuff, but don't you think he should have said that as opposed to things like:

March 2016
“For me I bought into a new family and that’s what is special for me. I give them whatever I have.”

Nothing Will Be The Same - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fans-stars-clubs-new-11093174

June 2016
"exclusive" article from the Echo quoting 100 million transfer budget and a massive increase in wages. I wonder where this all came from? http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-ready-smash-wage-structure-11445921

Nov 2016
We have no restrictions to spend,” he told TalkSport. “The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one. There are no sentimental issues there. The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary. Koeman is Koeman: he does what he wants and I support him.

“I think the manager had seven names, four of those we got,”Moshiri said. “We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly of Napoli and they wanted £60m. It is monopoly money. We went right to the asking price and they decided not to sell.

January 2017
"It is not enough to say 'we are special'," he said. "We don't want to be a museum. We need to be competitive and we need to win.

"The gold standard is the Premier League. The league is where our competitive edge will be measured.

"We have a window to establish ourselves and we will do everything we can.

If expectations were high than Moshiri can look towards himself for stoking those flames.

I agree with that and that's all great stuff, but don't you think he should have said that as opposed to things like:

March 2016
“For me I bought into a new family and that’s what is special for me. I give them whatever I have.”

Nothing Will Be The Same - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fans-stars-clubs-new-11093174

June 2016
"exclusive" article from the Echo quoting 100 million transfer budget and a massive increase in wages. I wonder where this all came from? http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-ready-smash-wage-structure-11445921

Nov 2016
We have no restrictions to spend,” he told TalkSport. “The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one. There are no sentimental issues there. The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary. Koeman is Koeman: he does what he wants and I support him.

“I think the manager had seven names, four of those we got,”Moshiri said. “We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly of Napoli and they wanted £60m. It is monopoly money. We went right to the asking price and they decided not to sell.

January 2017
"It is not enough to say 'we are special'," he said. "We don't want to be a museum. We need to be competitive and we need to win.

"The gold standard is the Premier League. The league is where our competitive edge will be measured.

If expectations were high than Moshiri can look towards himself for stoking those flames.

That is the words of a con artist. People try to ignore it all. But we were massively misled.

That is the words of a con artist. People try to ignore it all. But we were massively misled.

I honestly don't think he truly understands us Everton fans and never will.

Reading those comments, and then witnessing the transfer window , it is like a huge kick in the balls.

I just wish for once, people would be truthful and stop baiting us.

its happening again with the stadium, I can just feel it.

March 2016

June 2016

Nov 2016

January 2017

Expectations are high and Moshiri knows this; the things you've listed I'll make my comments on:

March 16: People are literally taking this as he's cashing all his assets to spend on us. To me, the statement is regarding his acumen and the ability to put us on the bigger stage by making us a commercially attractive proposition that will allow for self generating cash.

Nothing will be the same: a season ticket "catchphrase" by a PR team. More than likely signed off by a senior manager, wouldn't even touch the CEO's desk never mind the majority shareholder

June 2016: acknowledgment of a transfer budget vs attracting people to join us are 2 separate entities. As far as the wage structure goes, I'd happily state the majority of our summer signings will be touching the £100k a week mark now. I'm sure the accounts will see a massive spike in this department.

Nov 16: 2 months later we spent £35m. And, apart from 2 players, Koeman strengthened his squad in the summer by acquiring 8 first teamers as well as adding to the u23. With regards to Kalidou Koulibaly, we bid and it got turned down. What else can we do? As I said, attractions is the hardest part

Jan 17: He's correct, we don't want to be a museum. And we did have a good window, the downfall was Olivier Giroud. We placed all our eggs in one basket and it got scuppered by his tart. An approach was made for the lad at Benfica which was rebuffed and Palace wanted around £60m for Benteke, which is stupid money even if money is no object.

People are venting at everything because we've started very poor, everyone knows it and everyone is coming under attack. It's the Everton way, it never used to be but we've gained an element to our support which wants and crys; if we won something these people would still moan that it wasn't done right and we were lucky to have won it. It borders on the bizzare.

Our fitness coach as been hounded on twitter to the point of closing his account, what kind of messed up crap is that

Our global exposure is slowly increasing, the business is far more professional and the golden egg is not far away. Once that spade goes into the ground we are on a whole new playing field, literally

Expectations are high and Moshiri knows this; the things you've listed I'll make my comments on:

March 16: People are literally taking this as he's cashing all his assets to spend on us. To me, the statement is regarding his acumen and the ability to put us on the bigger stage by making us a commercially attractive proposition that will allow for self generating cash.

Nothing will be the same: a season ticket "catchphrase" by a PR team. More than likely signed off by a senior manager, wouldn't even touch the CEO's desk never mind the majority shareholder

June 2016: acknowledgment of a transfer budget vs attracting people to join us are 2 separate entities. As far as the wage structure goes, I'd happily state the majority of our summer signings will be touching the £100k a week mark now. I'm sure the accounts will see a massive spike in this department.

Nov 16: 2 months later we spent £35m. And, apart from 2 players, Koeman strengthened his squad in the summer by acquiring 8 first teamers as well as adding to the u23. With regards to Kalidou Koulibaly, we bid and it got turned down. What else can we do? As I said, attractions is the hardest part

Jan 17: He's correct, we don't want to be a museum. And we did have a good window, the downfall was Olivier Giroud. We placed all our eggs in one basket and it got scuppered by his tart. An approach was made for the lad at Benfica which was rebuffed and Palace wanted around £60m for Benteke, which is stupid money even if money is no object.

People are venting at everything because we've started very poor, everyone knows it and everyone is coming under attack. It's the Everton way, it never used to be but we've gained an element to our support which wants and crys; if we won something these people would still moan that it wasn't done right and we were lucky to have won it. It borders on the bizzare.

Our fitness coach as been hounded on twitter to the point of closing his account, what kind of messed up crap is that

Our global exposure is slowly increasing, the business is far more professional and the golden egg is not far away. Once that spade goes into the ground we are on a whole new playing field, literally

Agree with your post.

This is no ordinary business, this is no ordinary market as it changes every window, this is a plan over a Number of years not 18 months, we may not like it but we need to keep the faith nothing has been perfect in the window for any team so why should we be surprised that neither has our window!

Expectations are high and Moshiri knows this;

Do you not see those quotes and agree that Moshiri himself has contributed to those expectations being so high?

The fact of the matter is, those are his words and they read very differently to the picture you paint.

"He came here to stabilise the business, make it more commercially viable so we're not having 85% of our income operating the day to day runnings of the business due to extremely poor financial decisions of our previous board members"

That's not what he's been telling Evertonians he's come here to do. I'm sure to some of them it probably feels dishonest.

Had massive high hopes for the club under Moshiri.

The last window stinks of sell to buy, he must have been gutted Barkley pulled the pin otherwise we'd be 0 net spend or close to.

Once the stadium goes ahead we may be in a similar situation to City under Shinawatra and he flogs us.

Had massive high hopes for the club under Moshiri.

The last window stinks of sell to buy, he must have been gutted Barkley pulled the pin otherwise we'd be 0 net spend or close to.

Once the stadium goes ahead we may be in a similar situation to City under Shinawatra and he flogs us.
Guna hurt moshiri more in January, when Barkley goes for nowt! 35m not to be scoffed at is it

Does anyone remember when we had a transfer budget of 3 million a year to spend under Kenwright, that Moyes had to deal with, year in, year out? With net spend factored in.

We've just spent 140 million, that is an improvement by anybody's expectations. No Evertonian likes getting beat, but we need some perspective here. Things are getting better. We are competing with clubs who have had more than a decade head-start. It's good to question Moshiri and any board member for that matter, but to call the man a fraud is absurd in my book. Considering the flotsam we've had passing as directors, for what seems like perpetuity for over 30 years.

30m net spend which would have been reduced to a minimal net gain if we'd sold Barkley. So yes, considering TV deals are astronomical, he's not putting anywhere close to high amounts into the club.

You're spot on.

This idea that we've spent a fortune on players since Mr Moshiri arrived is a total fallacy.

Still, I like what he's done re: the debt and the stadium.

And what does a 13th place or so finish do to the brand?...I'm not saying that's what it will definitely be, but it's not out of the realm of possibility and in my opinion it counteracts every point you make. I'll still be here though lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back