Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I just think he was worth giving cash to.
He brought some flair to our play in an attacking sense.
With 100m he would have brought some defenders in.
All jokes aside, I still think his first year is the best footy we've played since '87.
It was mate,a joy to watch,all downhill after that though shame I had high hopes for Bobby.

So I assume you blame Moshiri for the fact that we didnt get a Striker in?

I mean hes on top of the pile so its clearly happened on his watch, so he must of course take his share of the blame, the blame should then filter down, to the CEO, the DoF, but it shouldnt filter down to the manager, whos job is just to coach and pick the team. You see Martinez was in sole charge of transfers, so the buck stopped at him, but Koeman has stated time and time again that he doesnt get involved in the buying and selling of players.

Honestly I'd be blaming Koeman, his call to allow the sale of Lukaku without having a replacement in the door first. If the past transfer windows happened under Kenwrights watch there'd be pitchforks round Goodison - you can see easily see why the 'sell-to-buy' debate rears it head.

Koeman states one thing, Moshiri had stated otherwise - as per Talksport Interview- and Walsh has also stated differently.

--

https://talksport.com/football/farh...w-stadium-star-manager-ronald-koeman-and-more

On selling John Stones to Manchester City and summer recruitment:
“The boy wanted to go. [Roberto] Martinez had promised him that he would go the following year. I still didn’t let him go until the manager said he could go. At the end of the day, I do what the manager wants. (...) The manager had seven names, and four of those we got.

Yes, the expectations were lower and he was also given more leeway.

Personally I think he should have been sacked, but I do feel our players sold him short, and I think the fans turned rather quickly - especially given supposed lower expectations.
If you think about it now he was the only manager to demand top 4 -yes that was Kenwright's statement during his press conference- and tried to instill a winning mentality around the club: one example simply showcasing our past history around Finch Farm and leaving a blank canvas up in a nod to making your own.
Other managers have damped our ambitions, and Koeman oddly is doing the same. If you bother to read my past ramblings on this forum you may have seen me post this link a few times, but it's a fair summary of my views.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fan-qa-roberto-martinez-11272823

It was Moshiri who stated we have a short window of opportunity to achieve something so if his sentiments mean anything, he must surely be seething at Koemans comments yesterday which in effect reduced the impact to date of Moshiri at Everton to zero.

Wherever fault lay for not bringing the extra signings in, at the absolute least, Moshiri needs to move heaven and earth to ensure we get those signings in early January.

Till then, if I were him I would be telling RK to pipe down and cease sulking in public which was also a trait of David Moyes and hardly something to take pride in replicating. Koeman would be speaking from a position of strength if he had delivered decent performances in these games at the least. He has not and his position must surely be weakened if Moshiri has any credibility about him at all in having a shred of ambition for us.

He should also be working on a short-list of successors as he'll need it if there isn't an immediate upturn in the next few games.

There has to be some tension between RK and Moshiri/Kenwright if we are to succeed. It's safe to say that there probably is now and Koemans ill-advised moan yesterday is a clear reflection of it.

Time for everyone to knuckle down and get some results now. If that doesn't happen things will spiral quickly out of control for Moshiri unless he is seen to be decisive.

It was Moshiri who stated we have a short window of opportunity to achieve something so if his sentiments mean anything, he must surely be seething at Koemans comments yesterday which in effect reduced the impact to date of Moshiri at Everton to zero.

Wherever fault lay for not bringing the extra signings in, at the absolute least, Moshiri needs to move heaven and earth to ensure we get those signings in early January.

Till then, if I were him I would be telling RK to pipe down and cease sulking in public which was also a trait of David Moyes and hardly something to take pride in replicating. Koeman would be speaking from a position of strength if he had delivered decent performances in these games at the least. He has not and his position must surely be weakened if Moshiri has any credibility about him at all in having a shred of ambition for us.

He should also be working on a short-list of successors as he'll need it if there isn't an immediate upturn in the next few games.

There has to be some tension between RK and Moshiri/Kenwright if we are to succeed. It's safe to say that there probably is now and Koemans ill-advised moan yesterday is a clear reflection of it.

Time for everyone to knuckle down and get some results now. If that doesn't happen things will spiral quickly out of control for Moshiri unless he is seen to be decisive.

It's time for Moshiri to stop the charade and admit publicly that he is sell to buy and that his sole focus is getting a stadium so he can sell the club on for enormous profit. When judged by the outcomes of his actions, he's not better than Kenwright. A full blown let down.

It's time for Moshiri to stop the charade and admit publicly that he is sell to buy and that his sole focus is getting a stadium so he can sell the club on for enormous profit. When judged by the outcomes of his actions, he's not better than Kenwright. A full blown let down.

Aren't all business sell to buy? Isn't that how you stop going bankrupt?

Aren't all business sell to buy? Isn't that how you stop going bankrupt?

In the real world yes of course.

Not in football where you get multi million pound TV AND commercial deals for merely existing. Our network spend is lower than under BK when seen proportionally against the relevant TV deals. Moshiri is onto a winner here. So many people still living in cuckoo land that he's our Abramovich

I'm not sure RK failing to bring a decent centre forward and centre back in the transfer window equalling Moshri being a total fraud !

Not in football where you get multi million pound TV AND commercial deals for merely existing. Our network spend is lower than under BK when seen proportionally against the relevant TV deals. Moshiri is onto a winner here. So many people still living in cuckoo land that he's our Abramovich

I don't think anyone is comparing him to an Ambramovich style owner. However should be pertinent to know an owner like him, still sells players for big money. Mata, Oscar, Matic, David Luiz etc.

The sooner people realise this, they'll start redirecting their frustrations re our transfer failings back to the same clowns who have always dealt with them, and still are.

That's their issue, because that was never the case. If people are cry arsing because he's not spending his personal fortune on Everton transfers then they need to climb right back into their hole.

People forget how poorly we were run, they see a new investor then automatically got their little, tiny sausages hard expecting us to go on a city style splurge.

He came here to stabilise the business, make it more commercially viable so we're not having 85% of our income operating the day to day runnings of the business due to extremely poor financial decisions of our previous board members

This...which takes us nicely up to the Watford game and the International Break

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back