Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
One thing i guarantee Bill will be doing is getting in Usmanovs ear about Everton.

I havnt a clue if Usnamov has his eyes on Everton.

But I am 100% convinced that he has a very keen interest in the $$$$$ to be made from the Liverpool Waters development; letting his wing man loose (from Arsenal) to do the groundwork, (Stadium, Liver Building), then cashing right in.

IF, and its a very big IF, he wants to, and actually can, extradite himself from his Arsenal share holding, well, an entirely different narrative will pop up.

Until ^^^^ happens, I remain convinced of my long held view that he has zippo interest in Everton as an owner, but a massive interest in making the ground happen.

IMG_1986.webp
Where's the My Pure Land money Bill?

Was thinking about this earlier. It’s been 18 months since Moshiri took over to much fanfare from the local media and prominent online blues about how everything has changed and how we were about to “do a Man City”.

Yet 18 months later I find a dull unbalanced team with no game changing stars in it, but Ashley Williams tripping over himself in defence. I also find myself pinning my hope of goals on Niasse and a young lad we signed from Sheffield United for less than £2m.

Not dismissing the stadium plan progress but that’s long term. There’s a 22 year itch right now and on the field we are not making any progress.

Wonder what Moshri thinks of it all. Especially after throwing a tonne of money to wipe the debt, fire the previous manager and fund £200m+ in signings and wages in a short space of time.

Some fanfare like.

In fairness to big Mosh, he has made great progress in terms of the new stadium and he's recalibrated the club's debt so that we'll no longer have to pay interest.

He's also spent a reasonable amount on transfer fees. Not on the level of Man City or Man Utd, but still a decent amount.
Yeah that’s a point. Maybe I/we should adjust expectations accordingly?

In fairness to big Mosh, he has made great progress in terms of the new stadium and he's recalibrated the club's debt so that we'll no longer have to pay interest.

He's also spent a reasonable amount on transfer fees. Not on the level of Man City or Man Utd, but still a decent amount.
I mean...has he? We spent this year, what £30m net? Didn't the Sky money increase by something like £50m a year?

he talked about a small window of opportunity at the agm last year, well that window has slammed shut, so if he has been showing any interest whatsoever in terms of the incredibly dull football his manager has been churning out what must he be thinking?, my guess is he is not actually arsed because the whole strategy is all about that stadium and enabling him and his fat mate Alisher an in road to the Waterfront development. if he was serious about Everton he wouldn't tolerate the utter dung that Koeman has served up this season and indeed the last 8 or so games of last season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back