Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Disappointed because it's all about what we see on the pitch. This summer was the big one, and we played it small-time. We lost a rare world-class striker who was our best goal-getter since Lineker and Latchford...goals win games...we didn't replace him. Regardless of whether Mosh, Walsh or Koeman were responsible, it's just disappointing and against the spirit that Moshiri was gonna change things.

I also don't hold much regard for us breaking our transfer records when the market is so inflated anyway, and we signed players from clubs we would consider already beneath-us. The clubs we would consider above-us weren't even chasing these players. This is also not a sign that we're heading towards bigger things. Going further back even signing Koeman was not a sign we were moving up: he has no high-end pedigree in the managerial game and thus wasn't being chased by bigger clubs.

Sure, it's all a bit of a Catch-22 as without Champs League we can't attract the high-end talent, plus our rivals have significant financial backing too. But then you also take into account had Ross been sold (very nearly so) we would've broken about even, effectively spending nothing: another sign that the Mosh-hype may be more talk than walk. And then there's the Rooney signing...it looks like a cynical marketing gimmick, and again us signing a past-it Man Utd player to prop us up in best-of-the-rest status is yet more small-time thinking...been there done that with Neville, Gibson, Howard, Saha, Cleverly...Rooney is no different. It's a small-time signing, regardless of his big name and romantic attachment to us.

I don't pay any attention to Cavani-rumours or guff like that. We either sign/sell players or we don't.

Then you've got Sportpesa...sure, it brings in 3 times more than Chang, but you expect that rate in todays' market. It's still a disappointing brand to be associated with.

The new stadium is still all talk, but granted that takes time and I much more value the opinion of local fans than my own regarding this, so I wait 'n see here.

Those Sky interviews I'm on the fence...in principle it's good he's out there talking to us via the media, but the content of what he's saying isn't making my noodles stir.

Yeah...unconvinced and disappointed so far.

Hmm, jury is still out for me, we haven't quite been the "sell to buy" Everton we were under Kenwrong, but we are still more or less balancing the books, I kind of wanted a ManCityEsque assault of signing new players every week until we reach the champions league!

If he delivers on a top notch new stadium though, Moshiri will be the best chairman we have had in 100 years

Pleased.
Anything better than the last regime, he came straight in and updated outside and parts of inside Goodison. We have purchased more land around Spellow Lane and are doing great community projects there.
Whether we have a high net spend or not, most of the money has been re-invested, whereas under BK that wasn't guaranteed. We are also in the process of hoping to move to a stadium and location BK would never have had a chance of.

I voted no that I didn't want him originally, and there have been disappointments, but overall definitely more positives than negatives.

Dear Farhad,

I appreciate that a lot of money has been put into the club and we are making huge advances off the pitch. Thanks for that, I mean it.

We have bought in some really promising looking young talent like Calvert Lewin, Vlasic, Lookman, Sandro, Pickford, Keane. We still have some of our own gems to bring through like Davies, Kenny, Holgate, Walsh, Dowell and Connolly to name a few.

We have also bought in some more experience guys like Schneiderlin, Gana, Klaasen, Rooney and Sigurdsson. We could do with a class striker but we are building, I get it.

There is the makings of really special team here with a bit more of exactly this type of building.

The problem is that nearly all our players look rubbish at the moment, including ones that we know are proven quality. Our players need confidence and they need a proven game plan that they can commit to. We do not have one. The confidence that they need is not being transmitted from Ronald Koeman. The way in which Niasse and probably Barkley have been treated has not helped matters and probably has not helped the relationship between management and playing staff.

Having a manager who will be accepted by the fans, the players and the kids coming through and who knows our club and has a proven track record of setting up a team to play offense minded, Everton football will add millions to the value of our main resource, our players.

I mention this because as an accountant, you know the importance of protecting the value of your revenue generating assets. This value is being horribly exposed at the moment. Sigurdsson looks shorn of confidence and we would do will to take a 15 million pound haircut on him if we had to move him on, for example.

There is a manager available who will restore confidence and the feel good factor and he will be as cheap as you are going to find.

His players love him. They die on the pitch for him. He sets up a team that plays the Everton way. The fans will get the tingle back walking up to Goodison on match day. He is one of us. You wont need to sell him the project, he will sell it to you.

I think it is time we thanked Ronald for all his good work and appointed David Unsworth, at least until the end of the season. You will then be in a good position to decide who you want to run with long term, safe in the knowledge that your players valuation will be high.

Continued good luck in business and football and thanks again,

Argietoffee

Dear Farhad,

I appreciate that a lot of money has been put into the club and we are making huge advances off the pitch. Thanks for that, I mean it.

We have bought in some really promising looking young talent like Calvert Lewin, Vlasic, Lookman, Sandro, Pickford, Keane. We still have some of our own gems to bring through like Davies, Kenny, Holgate, Walsh, Dowell and Connolly to name a few.

We have also bought in some more experience guys like Schneiderlin, Gana, Klaasen, Rooney and Sigurdsson. We could do with a class striker but we are building, I get it.

There is the makings of really special team here with a bit more of exactly this type of building.

The problem is that nearly all our players look rubbish at the moment, including ones that we know are proven quality. Our players need confidence and they need a proven game plan that they can commit to. We do not have one. The confidence that they need is not being transmitted from Ronald Koeman. The way in which Niasse and probably Barkley have been treated has not helped matters and probably has not helped the relationship between management and playing staff.

Having a manager who will be accepted by the fans, the players and the kids coming through and who knows our club and has a proven track record of setting up a team to play offense minded, Everton football will add millions to the value of our main resource, our players.

I mention this because as an accountant, you know the importance of protecting the value of your revenue generating assets. This value is being horribly exposed at the moment. Sigurdsson looks shorn of confidence and we would do will to take a 15 million pound haircut on him if we had to move him on, for example.

There is a manager available who will restore confidence and the feel good factor and he will be as cheap as you are going to find.

His players love him. They die on the pitch for him. He sets up a team that plays the Everton way. The fans will get the tingle back walking up to Goodison on match day. He is one of us. You wont need to sell him the project, he will sell it to you.

I think it is time we thanked Ronald for all his good work and appointed David Unsworth, at least until the end of the season. You will then be in a good position to decide who you want to run with long term, safe in the knowledge that your players valuation will be high.

Continued good luck in business and football and thanks again,

Argietoffee

You'd have 270 (and counting) signatories for that, mate

Far too early to dump RK. Also, it might be a bit unfair - lets see if he can mesh a winning team together. Plus EFC has actually had relatively few managers since the War and have usually given the manager a chance to get it right and that is an important selling point for any prospective managerial target.

If we are in the relegation zone come Xmas, then the pressure will be too much for all to bear and Farhad may have to do what every owner hates - pay off a big contract of a failed employee... and, in this case, his fat brother.

He's accomplishing more than Kenwright ever would or could. Stadium appears to be moving forward and as I've said before that is the main factor I'm judging him on.

We still can't keep hold of our best players though and while we've improved from Martinez last years we haven't really kicked on above where we used to be under Moyes.

Naturally, we would all want to see more progress but I can't put my nose up at what he's been working towards with the stadium and the increased commercial income.

So overall, we're in a better position than we were under Kenwright and that is reason enough for me to say I'm pleased. I wish he would be more careful with what he says in public though as I do believe he bears some responsibility for possibly inflating expectations above what he is capable of providing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back