Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We've made significant progress on the business side of things and with the stadium that would never have happened under the previous board. That's showcased some canny business sense. We've also hired two successful people as manager and head of recruitment, and while they haven't been as good as was hoped there is yet time for them to be, and ambition shown with this. Likewise in the transfer market we have shown ambition though it has not been rewarded with signings.
He gets a pass mark from me, limited by how Walsh (not getting a striker in) and Koeman, (poor start to the season) are performing.

That's what I mean mate. He was probably left to have free rein at Leicester and so was able to see through a co-ordinated transfer strategy based on bringing in a core of experienced but cheapish talent.

I suspect that's wrecked here when others are just going above them and throwing £45M at a player we really had no burning need to bring in at that point.
I've also said this in lesser words.

It's clear who was and wasn't brought in by Koeman despite the need to 'agree' on any said deal.

Bet you he said no to most striking options bar Giroud.

Obsessed with this flop of a Manager from the outset, and will wait too long to replace him one must assume. Naive in the media. Keeping the same useless dross on the Board.

Please oh please, even if you fluke it, get the stadium right. That's all I asked from him anyway when he arrived.

Then sell up.

Giroud has come out and said he almost joined during the Summer, obviously it was the Mosh's fault he didn't, seeing he is just playing being owner... :oops:

We were one player short of being a good team, sometimes you can do all you can but it doesn't come off. Let's see what happens in the January window.

Giroud looks like hes running in quick drying cement. Not sure recruiting him would solve the problems with lack of pace.

Screenshot_2017-10-13-07-11-10-1.webp

Giroud has come out and said he almost joined during the Summer, obviously it was the Mosh's fault he didn't, seeing he is just playing being owner... :oops:

We were one player short of being a good team, sometimes you can do all you can but it doesn't come off. Let's see what happens in the January window.
We're not just one player short though are we? Our defence is an utter shambles, a new centre forward isn't going to fix that.

We're not just one player short though are we? Our defence is an utter shambles, a new centre forward isn't going to fix that.

Totally agree with you that the problem now looks to be more than one player, however if you took our first 2 results we defended ok. It's how quickly the heads can drop when things aren't going well. I think part of this is down to the fact they were sold the dream, we are getting this player and that one to make us into a top 4 team and after that never materialised and we started having issues up front, they are subconsciously not trying as hard as they were before. Koeman I think can also be put into that category. (& other teams can work us out of course with our zero pace and one dimensional play)

I do believe a Giroud or even more implausible Cavani or Costa would have helped arrest that slide into the abyss where we find ourselves now. Small margins between success and failure.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back