Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Koeman was quoted in the Guardian last year as saying the club were ambitious and would prove it by keeping Lukaku
and our better players. Seems as he was saying this the board had allready agreed the sale, with Rooney thrown in seems
Bills making. We are missing goals having sold our best goalscorer and failing to back the manager with a replacement.

I know Koeman should be doing better but I think the board have made him a scapegoat he is first to take the flak when I think the board
deserve a hard time

ps a director of football rarely works he should go first

You go check his record against top 4 teams when he was at Southampton, never had a manager here with anything near it for decades.

Easy to say he's crap now the wheels are falling off but I don't blame Moshiri for appointing him, he thought he'd made a good choice and so did I and many other football fans.

It is easy for people to call him crap now yep, especially when many of them were very happy with him last season.

I didn't rate him from the off though, and a couple of good seasons at Southampton and a generally unexciting managerial career does not make him an ambitious choice for a club coming into money and looking upwards.

An okay choice, yep....and I can understand the thinking behind choosing him....but ambitious? No, not a bit.

Like I said, I hope Mosh stays out of the next appointment.

Koeman & Walsh have put Everton back another 10 Years with this summers transfers.

Here’s why.

He has spent over £150 mil and are 2 points above relegation, once he gets sacked around Christmas, once mosheri realizes that we could go down.

A new manager coming in will not be given the sort of money Koeman has been given, which will result in a turnover of managers for a he next 10 years

We've sold our assets, lost £35m on Barkley (probably most of Niasse also), it will cost £21m to shift Koeman, something to lose Walsh as well. The £220m spent has lost most of it's value (add up what we'd get for the players we have bought ie Rooney, Siggurdsson, Klaassen etc)

All in all, we're a little bit screwed and if the heads don't go up soon staring at the Championship and total disaster.

We met with Emery who turned us down and tried for Simeone who wasn't interested. We met with Monchi too...

People don't realise what Moshiri is trying to do. We just aren't as appealing as we think we are...

Where did this come from? I don't recall hearing that confirmed.

We aren't as appealing as many think, I agree,but that doesn't limit us to steady Joe's like Koeman. Hopefully next time they might have a good list together of proven winners AND up and coming managers with more risk attached but with a higher ceiling for success.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back