Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Let's have it right here, on paper Moshiri has made good decisions that have turned bad, he brought in Walsh, highly respected and the key ingredient why Leicester won the league through the players he brought to the club.

Koeman, highly rated and sought after boss when we got him, on Barca's short list for their next manger.

At the time they were solid good appointments.

But he's now got to make a decision, I'm sure we are getting to the point where Koeman is definitely on a short clock, sacking is approaching for me, you've got to give a manager time to sort it out, but we aren't seeing real improvement.

Personally I can only see it going one way, and that's the sack in the next couple of weeks if we don't get some wins in the league.

moshiri is a successful businessman who knows absolutely nothing about football. this is glaringly obvious..

it wouldn't be so bad if he appointed people to the board who do actually know football.

this is all starting to get a bit randy lerner.

all he has done thus far is damage the Everton brand making investors less likely to join up in the stadium project.

So far has invested 185m into this football club.

If you added up every single penny that every single owner has invested in our entire history it wouldnt be more than 50m TOTAL.

But yet Moshiris a fraud lad.

Find somebody else to chase lads, cos this fella is doing his job.

is that 185m right out of his own pocket?

wonder what the true figure is. he was given 200m for his arsenal shares, just before buying us got 80m.

at the moment he is using the money he got from arsenal. which was handed to him in the first place from usmanov, plus the 100'm of TV money that all; clubs get and also quite a lot of player trading funds that we have acquired.

I think the cost to him personally is quite minimal.

Let's have it right here, on paper Moshiri has made good decisions that have turned bad, he brought in Walsh, highly respected and the key ingredient why Leicester won the league through the players he brought to the club.

Koeman, highly rated and sought after boss when we got him, on Barca's short list for their next manger.

But he's now got to make a decision, I'm sure we are getting to the point where Koeman is definitely on a short clock, sacking is approaching for me, you've got to give a manager time to sort it out, but we aren't seeing real improvement.

Personally I can only see it going one way, and that's the sack in the next couple of weeks if we don't get some wins in the league.

Was this like an official “short list” that Barcelona F.C. had itself made public?

Or is it speculation based on nowt more than the fact he was a former player?

Because certainly nothing in his managerial career has ever suggested he would be the man to keep Barcelona in its lofty position.

@bicycleheader might be able to clear this up.

Was this like an official “short list” that Barcelona F.C. had itself made public?

Because certainly nothing in his managerial career has ever suggested he would be the man to keep Barcelona in its lofty position.

championship level manager or maybe French league 1. someone like nantes

The previous poster is mixing up the short list with the "really really long list" that he was on. Just down the bottom after Ronaldinho and Deulofeus ma.

He appointed a coach based on his name and not his actual ability. He actually stated he wanted somebody to match up to Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp and he thought that was Koeman. It was a dull and unambitious appointment.

Hopefully he stays out of the next one.

Considering he didn't sack a lame duck manager after we lost 4 nil at the pit when they had 45 shots, it's unfortunately no surprise that he's again completely bottling the big decision.

he never was a ruthless businessman.

he's always just been an accountant FOR a ruthless businessman.

it is becoming clearer and clearer.

the writing was on the wall as far as I'm concerned after the first jim white interview. It gave us a huge insight into just how he is. an utter joke.

Said it in another thread but does moshiri not look at performances, at results, going out of competitions etc and not see that it could have a negative effect on the fan base?

By all means back your manager but if backing him is counter productive then all that will do is alienate the fan base who over time will be demanding action.

Fair enough not sacking him yet, I can actually understand this, but in 2 weeks what are the fan base going to be like if we don't get at least 3 wins out of 4? Even one win will encourage the board and moshiri yet us fans won't accept that. Hell the only way koeman will be sacked at this impression is that we get routed a couple more times in the near future following all these board suppirt messages.

I fear it will become a joke before it improves, losing and doing nothing is going to make us the laughing stock of the league if we keep backing the manager. I don't even trust a striker to be signing January 1st like we should be doing in all honesty.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back