Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think @davek was referencing that if niasse and barkley were sold we would breakeven or there abouts.

We have had a huge tv deal and transfers wouldn't have been hugely boosted when factoring that in.

I believe Jimenez offer was for a 3mil years loan in the end...

If moshiri was open to raising more funds for a greater / further expenditure then it would make sense, however what about the tv money as that would surely have covered us even if we had to do a walter smithesque sale of materazzi bakayoko and dacourt type window next summer...

Totally illogical to me and he even referenced the 3 number 10 signings we had made when saying it was mostly koemans squad.

Personally id say vlasic is a number 10 too as well of course Dowell and barkley.

...I believe @davek is saying Moshiri wanted the Barkley and Niasse money to effectively achieve zero net spend. I’m suggesting Moshiri gave RK a transfer envelope (circa £50m) plus any income from outgoings. RK spent that money. The only way he could secure more players was via Barkley/Niasse sales.

This is my assumption, it’s not fact. I base this on the Jimenez rumour (Marca reported a £35m bid but when the Barkley deal fell through we tried a loan deal). Surely if Moshiri wanted to balance transfer spending he could easily have done this once he secured the Lukaku money. He could have told RK he had £90m to spend but he clearly gave him more.

You mention TV money. The club must have apportioned spend on various areas. I don’t know where it goes but it make sense to me to have a ceiling on transfer spend. As I say, this is just my reasoning. It would probably help if others posted opinion via wording that it is opinion and not fact.

...I believe @davek is saying Moshiri wanted the Barkley and Niasse money to effectively achieve zero net spend. I’m suggesting Moshiri gave RK a transfer envelope (circa £50m) plus any income from outgoings. RK spent that money. The only way he could secure more players was via Barkley/Niasse sales.

This is my assumption, it’s not fact. I base this on the Jimenez rumour (Marca reported a £35m bid but when the Barkley deal fell through we tried a loan deal). Surely if Moshiri wanted to balance transfer spending he could easily have done this once he secured the Lukaku money. He could have told RK he had £90m to spend but he clearly gave him more.

You mention TV money. The club must have apportioned spend on various areas. I don’t know where it goes but it make sense to me to have a ceiling on transfer spend. As I say, this is just my reasoning. It would probably help if others posted opinion via wording that it is opinion and not fact.

I guess we wont know until the next windows to see if there is a pattern...

It seemed to me that he wanted net spend to even out as otherwise we could have been in for other players when we were negotiating for Sigurdsson but instead it seemed like everything stood still then barkley and niasse stayed.

I guess we wont know until the next windows to see if there is a pattern...

It seemed to me that he wanted net spend to even out as otherwise we could have been in for other players when we were negotiating for Sigurdsson but instead it seemed like everything stood still then barkley and niasse stayed.

..that’s a reasonable synopsis, Zat. As you say, perhaps we will know more in January.

Some truth in that.

Imagine if we had sold Lukaku for 75M (going up to 90) and had to spend half on that on a completely unproven striker or even 35-40m on a Vardy or Slimani. There would have been absolute uproar, just as there was when we paid 45m for Gylfi.
Thing Is, that is playing devils advocate. We didn't jump in to a lesser striker and as a result got none. Ultimately we wouldn't be happy either way unless the striker actually scored for us.

It is a bit like saying what if costa agreed to come on loan? What if the Cavani bid was actually real, what if lukaku stayed etc no way of knowing the outcome.

Thing Is, that is playing devils advocate. We didn't jump in to a lesser striker and as a result got none. Ultimately we wouldn't be happy either way unless the striker actually scored for us.

It is a bit like saying what if costa agreed to come on loan? What if the Cavani bid was actually real, what if lukaku stayed etc no way of knowing the outcome.

Yeah but we know how our fans react. They moan when we don't spend anything then when we do and try to compete in the market they moan at that as well because it isn't the right player lol

Ultimately not everybody will always be happy and I understand that, seems to me though that we have such a negative fan base which never seems to be happy if GOT is a bench mark for Everton fans.

Things appear to be slipping for Moshiri after a promising start, though I agree that this may be exacerbated by the teams poor form.

We badly need to hear something tangible on BMD very soon.

We need decisiveness relating to the situation with Koeman, if results continue to go south, within the next 3-4 games at the absolute most.

We need an overhaul of PR and media at the club and no more solo-runs from Moshiri.

All of the above are within Moshiri's gift to do something about, right now.

As to things like net spend etc, Moshiri cannot be blamed for how the money was spent. Its on Koeman/Walsh to explain how we managed to spend what we did and not bring in a decent enough striker, whilst bringing in 3 No. 10's.

It's beyond doubt that he is no Sheikh Mansour, we spent more than we ever have but certainly not at the scale to make inroads, and have also earned fees from sales as never before. He cannot give us what he doesn't have but talk of bidding £60m for Koulibaly last season from him tells its own story in the light of a £50m net spend this.

Things appear to be slipping for Moshiri after a promising start, though I agree that this may be exacerbated by the teams poor form.

We badly need to hear something tangible on BMD very soon.

We need decisiveness relating to the situation with Koeman, if results continue to go south, within the next 3-4 games at the absolute most.

We need an overhaul of PR and media at the club and no more solo-runs from Moshiri.

All of the above are within Moshiri's gift to do something about, right now.

As to things like net spend etc, Moshiri cannot be blamed for how the money was spent. Its on Koeman/Walsh to explain how we managed to spend what we did and not bring in a decent enough striker, whilst bringing in 3 No. 10's.

It's beyond doubt that he is no Sheikh Mansour, we spent more than we ever have but certainly not at the scale to make inroads, and have also earned fees from sales as never before. He cannot give us what he doesn't have but talk of bidding £60m for Koulibaly last season from him tells its own story in the light of a £50m net spend this.

never has a word been more relevant regards Everton F.C.

lets see how decisive moshiri actually is.

I dred to think.

I voted disappointed.

I expected more after 18 months at the club.
18 months. Bit of money spent. Not much overall. Would have made a profit if he had sold barkley last minute in window. But of progress made on new stadium but we have been let down in this department before.

So much for this major project he told us he was on day one. So much for squad investment nearly making a profit after 18 months.

I expected more ..alot more

18 months. Bit of money spent. Not much overall. Would have made a profit if he had sold barkley last minute in window. But of progress made on new stadium but we have been let down in this department before.

So much for this major project he told us he was on day one. So much for squad investment nearly making a profit after 18 months.

I expected more ..alot more

What is it current the famous net spend under Moshiri?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back