Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The Usmanov Question - why he won't be buying into Everton

The Premier League is real estate with a limited number of properties (clubs). Few investors can access this market, and most of the desirable properties have already been acquired. Clearly Usmanov is a big fan of the Premier League, has committed resources to it and wishes to increase that exposure. Similarly Moshiri is of the same opinion.

How do they both achieve their aims of increasing their investment exposure to the Premier League? Arguably a week ago the answer was to hope for Kroenke to sell his majority holding in Arsenal to Red and White Holdings, however given this is unlikely to happen in the near time, and the desire is to increase exposure now how do they achieve this?

Red and White holdings provides Usmanov and Moshiri with approximately £400 million worth of exposure to the Premier League between them. By Moshiri selling to Usmanov, Usmanov increases his exposure to £400 million. Moshiri in the meantime switches his exposure from Arsenal to a more risky but with higher growth potential investment in Everton.

Result - their combined exposure (I'm not saying they're working together, far from it, just from an asset allocation position) has increased by 50%, Usmanov now has a larger interest in his beloved Arsenal and Moshiri has a higher growth potential investment in Everton and he's running the show.

So, for Usmanov to buy Everton he would now have to sell his enlarged position in Arsenal, and reduce his exposure to the Premier League and Moshiri would lose control of his own football club, something we believe has been an ambition for a long time.

@The Esk With all due respect, to assume you know anything regarding the mindset of Usmanov is odd. The fact nobody was any the wiser regarding this 'takeover' and going of other threads its clear, yourself along with many other blues were debating Moores and Noel, shows its impossible to guess what's happening behind the scenes. That's not to say Usmanov will invest into Everton - far from it - but at the same time, it isn't wise to state against that. Anything is in the realms of possibility, so to discount it is like I said rather odd. Everyone is entitled to a say, so not attempting to shoot anyone down, but lets be honest your post comes over as a firm 'it's not happening for X Y & Z, forget about it'. You clearly know your stuff, going of other posts but on this issue, you've clearly used a platform to talk down other peoples opinions. Simple fact is you and me both, have no idea what's happening or will happen for that matter, so let's not pretend otherwise.

£87mil is the most frequent figure I see banded about.

That would value the club at circa £175mil - which seems around about right

That would tie in the stories quoting a 100m spend in the summer then, stuff i have read has basically stated he wants to reinvest the money from selling his stake in Arsenal, 100-87 gives a ncie 113m figure so new contracts etc then a big transfer kitty.

Well thats what the tabloids etc are probably going off, i'm really not getting stuck up on any figure atm, the simple fact is we have finally got a new owner with a strong vision and couldn't care less abotu what summer will bring right now :)

@The Esk With all due respect, to assume you know anything regarding the mindset of Usmanov is odd. The fact nobody was any the wiser regarding this 'takeover' and going of other threads its clear, yourself along with many other blues were debating Moores and Noel, shows its impossible to guess what's happening behind the scenes. That's not to say Usmanov will invest into Everton - far from it - but at the same time, it isn't wise to state against that. Anything is in the realms of possibility, so to discount it is like I said rather odd. Everyone is entitled to a say, so not attempting to shoot anyone down, but lets be honest your post comes over as a firm 'it's not happening for X Y & Z, forget about it'. You clearly know your stuff, going of other posts but on this issue, you've clearly used a platform to talk down other peoples opinions. Simple fact is you and me both, have no idea what's happening or will happen for that matter, so let's not pretend otherwise.
Wut ????????

Details are the difference between good stuff and great stuff.
What details we have had have been teaspoon fed to the media by the club.
If and when thethe deal is agreed by the PL, I would like to see the new shareholder stand alone and present his plans to one an all with no club intermediary within a 100 yds of him.

Don't ask for mush do you? :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back