Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Think someone has potentially edited his wiki net worth is $879b

or we're going to buy the Barca starting 11 for our PL matches and Bayern Munich for European football. We'll keep the current squad for domestic cups.

I said earlier today we would have evolution not revolution, that's exactly what we've got.

Quite happy with that. For all Everton's shortcomings in some areas, there is an awful lot about this club to be mighty proud of. Would rather we grow and improve on weak areas while returning what makes us "us" than have some regime dump billions of pounds in but do a Red Bull/Tan on us.

Everton Football Club today announces that the Club will have a new major shareholder who brings the promise of new investment.

Farhad Moshiri will acquire 49.9% of the Club, conditional only on the Premier League approving his investment.

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “After an exhaustive search I believe we have found the perfect partner to take the Club forward. I have got to know Farhad well over the last 18 months and his football knowledge, financial wherewithal and True Blue spirit have convinced me that he is the right man to support Everton.”

Moshiri commented: “I am delighted to take this opportunity to become a shareholder in Everton, with its rich heritage as one of Europe’s leading football clubs. There has never been a more level playing field in the Premier League than now. Bill Kenwright has taught me what it means to be an Evertonian and I look forward with excitement to working with him to help deliver success for Everton in the future.”
But who's shares has he bought??

Very much in the minority here, but I have a healthy degree of scepticism about this. Here goes:
Why buy 49.9% of the shares?
Who has sold up and who are the remaining shareholders - surely this could potentially hinder achieving 75% ownership (or a full takeover) in the future. Do the maths, for a full takeover by scheme of arrangement Moshiri now has to get 37.6% of shareholders to agree. This is more difficult than the additional 7% required if done presently.
The promised investment - at what raye of interest?

*Looks forward to ostracism and loneliness

On the other hand...why sell a £200million stake in Arsenal and buy the majority of EFC?

We'll be able to get a new manager in, get rid of the deadwood in the squad and replace them with young players hungry for success. We'd come back stronger.
?? why do we need to get relegated for that to happen? Most of the Deadwood are out of contract in the Summer anyway.

What you're actually saying is that you really want us to get relegated so we'd sack Bobby.

Shocking mate, and not in a good way.

Sort yourself out.

Very much in the minority here, but I have a healthy degree of scepticism about this. Here goes:
Why buy 49.9% of the shares?
Who has sold up and who are the remaining shareholders - surely this could potentially hinder achieving 75% ownership (or a full takeover) in the future. Do the maths, for a full takeover by scheme of arrangement Moshiri now has to get 37.6% of shareholders to agree. This is more difficult than the additional 7% required if done presently.
The promised investment - at what raye of interest?

*Looks forward to ostracism and loneliness

Loads of occurrences of a 49.9% purchase of shares in a company. It's effectively a controlling interest and happens when a new investor wants all-but a controlling share in the business, but doesn't want to pass the threshold due to the problems inherent in doing so. Perhaps certain people didn't want to sell, or those who did still wanted to retain a stake, and so on.

You're right to be cautious, but that's a significant investment and an intent to invest long term. What is also encouraging is that this guy has sold up at Arsenal because he wants his money to mean something on the pitch, which wasn't happening in London.

If kenwright is still chairman of the board at the start of next season I'll be amazed. Transition period now, let the PL agree and then we'll see changes being made.

He's bought 49% of a club, not 5, 10 or 20; and he's spunked £175m for the privilege. It's his puppy now, he just doesn't have a majority in the boardroom. Last time we had that scenario Mr Johnson crippled us

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back