Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
A block of shares has changed hands. Hopefully it means investemnt in the squad and a stadium deal. Let's see what this feller has to say for himself in full. If he now clams up, fails to address the supporters with a major series of interviews and makes himself scarce, it's not going to be a major development - just him parking his cash elsewhere.

But that's what gives me some hope...if he wanted to park cash, he'd leave it in Arsenal.

He's parted with near £200million. In order to see anything back, he's got to improve what his money has bought.

And the guy is a bean-counter. He'd have a good idea on whether this is a wise investment or not.

I haven't got a clue with this stuff like but
if he bought 49.9% its not just Kenwright and him with shares??
and Kenwright has not got 51.1% ?
so why isn't he chairman, probably the most stupid post on here
ffs I am stupid anyway like someone enlighten me please

Loads of occurrences of a 49.9% purchase of shares in a company. It's effectively a controlling interest and happens when a new investor wants all-but a controlling share in the business, but doesn't want to pass the threshold due to the problems inherent in doing so. Perhaps certain people didn't want to sell, or those who did still wanted to retain a stake, and so on.

You're right to be cautious, but that's a significant investment and an intent to invest long term. What is also encouraging is that this guy has sold up at Arsenal because he wants his money to mean something on the pitch, which wasn't happening in London.
Private Limited Company so no reason whatsoever to stop at 49.9 %. That's the bit that's weird. 50.1 % means you can pass whatever ordinary resolution you wish and have effective control, so why stop short of that?

Unless PL rules make it more difficult to own a majority perhaps.

...chuffed but I suppose the questions raised by @The Esk still apply. More specifically, are the monies for the purchase of the shares and infrastructure improvements built on a funding stream from club income. Not sure we know this detail.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back