Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
More like we're in transition towards becoming a side about to be relegated.

I'm really not happy with what's happened so far. If Moshiri had any real intent on making us genuine contenders then Lukaku would still be wearing a blue shirt. £50m net spend was never going to be enough to take us towards the top, even if it were spent correctly.

To put it in perspective, this is the net spend from other teams in the league: Brighton £39.65m Huddersfield £38.9m Watford £36.7m West Brom £32.1m Crystal Palace £31.3m. We've hardly blown them out the water have we?

IF Net spend was the only factor, but all those teams net spends you listed, we spent more than that on 1 player alone, Iceland, we replaced 1 player, Lukaku, who was our highest paid player on 90kish a week and replaced him with 3 players all on nearly 100k a week.

240m spent in 18months and still you feel he isnt doing enough, what more do you want?

IF Net spend was the only factor, but all those teams net spends you listed, we spent more than that on 1 player alone, Iceland, we replaced 1 player, Lukaku, who was our highest paid player on 90kish a week and replaced him with 3 players all on nearly 100k a week.

240m spent in 18months and still you feel he isnt doing enough, what more do you want?

He hasn't spent £240m of his own money though has he? You're giving him credit for recycling the funds from selling on our best players.

What I want right now is to see him make a decent managerial appointment and to get this stadium built. Unconvinced either are going to happen.

He hasn't spent £240m of his own money though has he? You're giving him credit for recycling the funds from selling on our best players.

What I want right now is to see him make a decent managerial appointment and to get this stadium built. Unconvinced either are going to happen.

Its not his money no, but his "backing" has allowed it all to happen.

This feller is a clueless clown holding someone else's cash. The tosh that was talked regarding his credentials and ambitions.

Let's just hope and pray Usmanov is sensing a reboot is required here and he pulls Moshiri out altogether and replaces him with someone else.
Haha that won't happen mate. Would only instigate a load more investigations and raise questions over his involvement. If any changes happen in that department it'll be Usmanov himself coming.

Its not his money no, but his "backing" has allowed it all to happen.

Nobody can have a go at the guy for the money he has put in, the ambition he has shown, the sums he's enabled to be spent, and I suspect the increased level of spending that will come when the takeover is complete.

However I can't help but feel he has let his eyes off the ball big time. We got really lucky in his first summer. Koeman got 13 points from his firs 5 games and we had Lukaku. Both of those things prevented an initial relegation battle after a disastrous summer window. We had bad recruitment, being painfully light in areas, not closing deals, with him shouting his mouth off about lofty ambitions that are nowhere near deliverable.

Last summer was a warning, and we repeated it all again this summer. Now we have a botched managerial appointment, for a side getting whacked 4's and 5's against poor sides and there's no urgency. What have people on the board got to do to come under any pressure and be disciplined? This for me will me Moshiri's legacy unless he takes some proper action now, albeit 18 months too late. We can't afford these mistakes to keep being repeated.

Nobody can have a go at the guy for the money he has put in, the ambition he has shown, the sums he's enabled to be spent, and I suspect the increased level of spending that will come when the takeover is complete.

However I can't help but feel he has let his eyes off the ball big time. We got really lucky in his first summer. Koeman got 13 points from his firs 5 games and we had Lukaku. Both of those things prevented an initial relegation battle after a disastrous summer window. We had bad recruitment, being painfully light in areas, not closing deals, with him shouting his mouth off about lofty ambitions that are nowhere near deliverable.

Last summer was a warning, and we repeated it all again this summer. Now we have a botched managerial appointment, for a side getting whacked 4's and 5's against poor sides and there's no urgency. What have people on the board got to do to come under any pressure and be disciplined? This for me will me Moshiri's legacy unless he takes some proper action now, albeit 18 months too late. We can't afford these mistakes to keep being repeated.

I honestly think the power struggle rumours have some truth, I also think 1 of the main issues and something I mentioned at the start is that hes not a real hands on kinda guy, we are 1 of his many Investments, sure he talked a good game and I think at 1 point he had a little Ev in him, but at the end of the day we are just a balance sheet to him.

If he cares things will change, clearly they should have already changed, but for me its still early days, he still doesnt have complete control, basically its not his show yet, I personally think THINGS are spoiling the pot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back