Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So interesting that ConnorFrandelino for those of us following this closely. Moshiri has obviously decided following the summer / stall in the stadium development that he is going to get more heavily involved. Walking in with Allardyce and Walsh was huge, especially after Hunter / Prentice had slated them all in recent days.

It also solves the mystery behind Keith Harris being appointed to the board, and by whom.

It would appear Corrupt Sam has been asked not really to just keep us safe (which we will do anyway) but essentially do the 'root and branch' review of the playing squad while big Ryazantsev will be there to do the same to the comms and management departments.

Huge changes incoming again then.
If only

You are having mare here Tim, I appreciate the sentiment, but its not that realistic.

I'm absolutely not having a mare. I'd be having a bigger mare if I threw names at you saying they are experts in football finance and administration, when I don't have experience in that line of work myself. I expect my club to seek talented people with track records. If that's having a mare then I digress....

In Allardyce you have the ultimate 'football man'....but.....if that's not what you want....name me a few 'football men'. Any 'football men' on the board at City or United?

In all honesty I'm not sure it's football men we need either. I think a big part of Bills problem is that he's a "football man". In that he is an old fashioned fella who'd have probably done ok at running Everton pre PL where much of the expectations was around raising cash via strictly football activities. He's not the most innovative guy but his stability and consistency would have partially covered for this.

Everton are looking to aggressively grow market share, an a rapidly expanding industry in what is now one of the top 3 sports Franchises in the world. For the most part people who were around football 20 years ago will struggle to keep up with this. You need to find individuals who have a history of growing businesses rapidly.

If I were Farhad I would approach David Gill. Offer him 5 million basic and a 5 million bonus for raising bone broadcast revenues 20-25% year on year. After 4 years we get to where Tottenham are now.

I would get a proper DOF in who can run the football side of the business. Rangnick would have been good, as would Zorc from Dortmund. People say they won't go, but 2-3 million pounds a year would indicate otherwise. Also a bonus scheme for profit on players sold on could be considered.

I imagine Jim Whites salary is large so may be difficult, but I'd consider getting him in, maybe on a consultative basis to work on communications team.

As regards the marketing team, look at companies who do it well. McDonald's, Marks and Spencer's, John Lewis etc. They will be getti paid a relative pittance and again they may come on board.

As for Chairman, you could either look at other sports Franchises, such as F1. Or would could look at Evertonians like Paul Gilroy (from BP). Could we get someone from RedBull franchises who seem to be running a number of football clubs very well?

Add in some big non exec guy, such as Gilroy, Terry Leahy maybe even Mark Carney (who as Evertonians would consider it) and you begin to get the base of an organisation that could begin to compete.

You don't really need football people. Some expertise is helpless in DOF, you need driven and competent people working to a clear plan.

In all honesty I'm not sure it's football men we need either. I think a big part of Bills problem is that he's a "football man". In that he is an old fashioned fella who'd have probably done ok at running Everton pre PL where much of the expectations was around raising cash via strictly football activities. He's not the most innovative guy but his stability and consistency would have partially covered for this.

Everton are looking to aggressively grow market share, an a rapidly expanding industry in what is now one of the top 3 sports Franchises in the world. For the most part people who were around football 20 years ago will struggle to keep up with this. You need to find individuals who have a history of growing businesses rapidly.

If I were Farhad I would approach David Gill. Offer him 5 million basic and a 5 million bonus for raising bone broadcast revenues 20-25% year on year. After 4 years we get to where Tottenham are now.

I would get a proper DOF in who can run the football side of the business. Rangnick would have been good, as would Zorc from Dortmund. People say they won't go, but 2-3 million pounds a year would indicate otherwise. Also a bonus scheme for profit on players sold on could be considered.

I imagine Jim Whites salary is large so may be difficult, but I'd consider getting him in, maybe on a consultative basis to work on communications team.

As regards the marketing team, look at companies who do it well. McDonald's, Marks and Spencer's, John Lewis etc. They will be getti paid a relative pittance and again they may come on board.

As for Chairman, you could either look at other sports Franchises, such as F1. Or would could look at Evertonians like Paul Gilroy (from BP). Could we get someone from RedBull franchises who seem to be running a number of football clubs very well?

Add in some big non exec guy, such as Gilroy, Terry Leahy maybe even Mark Carney (who as Evertonians would consider it) and you begin to get the base of an organisation that could begin to compete.

You don't really need football people. Some expertise is helpless in DOF, you need driven and competent people working to a clear plan.

Good stuff. Terry Leahy did of course reject the notion of any involvement with Everton a few years ago. I know, because it was me that asked him. I had a tenuous connection with him at the time and wrote to him accordingly. Its all there somewhere in the dim and dusty archives of Blue Kipper.

Posted this is the Allardyce thread but prob more relevant here, this badly needs to be watched:

I agree to an extent but i dont think the point is black or white, its also broader. What we have spent on managers since Moshiri took over is false economy, bottom line it has to impact the club.

10 million to remove Martinez
5 million compo to Southampton.
5 million a year Koeman wages.
10 mill in compo after sacking him.
6 million a year for Allardyce.
3 million to Palace in compo.

That is 38 million in managerial payments in less then two years, its outrageous. To put it into context that is more then our entire det before he took over. It has to impact on the club. That is before you look at paying up the associated back room teams. That is the real somking gun here, not the i like playing pretty football and dont like Allardyce narrative. Its in and around our net spend on transfers also.

That said its small fare to PL status and if you look broadly of enabling factors for the club going forward the stadium is key, non PL status puts that at risk. So Allardyce is a safeguard against that.

You would have to hope lessons have been learned but if we sleep walk into another transfer window with the same uncoordinated mismatch of opinions and power plays then there needs to be action. I have been very critical of the likes of the BU, not without cause, but in a lot of ways what is going on now is far worse then anything that went on under Bill. We are burning money at an alarming rate on poor decisions and planning.

For me managers are irreverent to an extent, its the decision makers at the heart of our ills here, anyone else is a scape goat or an outlet for frustration.

Posted this is the Allardyce thread but prob more relevant here, this badly needs to be watched:

I agree to an extent but i dont think the point is black or white, its also broader. What we have spent on managers since Moshiri took over is false economy, bottom line it has to impact the club.

10 million to remove Martinez
5 million compo to Southampton.
5 million a year Koeman wages.
10 mill in compo after sacking him.
6 million a year for Allardyce.
3 million to Palace in compo.

That is 38 million in managerial payments in less then two years, its outrageous. To put it into context that is more then our entire det before he took over. It has to impact on the club. That is before you look at paying up the associated back room teams. That is the real somking gun here, not the i like playing pretty football and dont like Allardyce narrative. Its in and around our net spend on transfers also.

That said its small fare to PL status and if you look broadly of enabling factors for the club going forward the stadium is key, non PL status puts that at risk. So Allardyce is a safeguard against that.

You would have to hope lessons have been learned but if we sleep walk into another transfer window with the same uncoordinated mismatch of opinions and power plays then there needs to be action. I have been very critical of the likes of the BU, not without cause, but in a lot of ways what is going on now is far worse then anything that went on under Bill. We are burning money at an alarming rate on poor decisions and planning.

For me managers are irreverent to an extent, its the decision makers at the heart of our ills here, anyone else is a scape goat or an outlet for frustration.

We owed over double that iirc, his loan to the club was around £80m anyway.

If you put your hand in the fire don't be surprised if you get burned.

We want Everton to be amongst the clubs competing at the top and we want it as quickly as possible and for that to happen we have to accept there will ups and downs and that it will cost a lot of money.

The money earned by finishing seventh instead of fifteenth will pay a lot of the costs highlighted in the post above.
We probably will waste more money before we get to where we want and need to be.

So...let us have your prospectus on a competent owner,in the industry of football, based on the apparent standards in the industry.
There will never be such a thing in the minds of many supporters of many clubs....but give it a go anyway.......

And if I took the time to write down what I believe we should demand of our owner and what I believe our owner should deliver and how we he should go about things both in what he releases and how he releases press, would that make a difference? Nope.

My job isn't to direct Evertons powers that be how to do things the right way, they are incapable of that. I'd love to believe that there's some form of intelligence between the lot of them but I have my doubts.

I'm absolutely not having a mare. I'd be having a bigger mare if I threw names at you saying they are experts in football finance and administration, when I don't have experience in that line of work myself. I expect my club to seek talented people with track records. If that's having a mare then I digress....
Damo would`ve been the man for this Tim.

Hopefully he`s helping out on Twitter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back