Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It is the sheer incompetence that gets me.

It isn't hard to run the playing style of a football club surely:

1. Set out how you want your club to play
2. Recruit managers who have successfully coached in that style
3. Recruit players who can play in that style
4. Ensure you have enough players for each postion

We've gone from Moyes (4-5-1 direct) - Martinez (4-2-1-3 possession) - Koeman (4-3-3 direct) to Allardyce (4-5-1 very direct) and now have a collection of players (Sandro, Klaassen, Schniederlin) who blatantly won't work with Sam's "style". And a youth system packed with potential PL
players who won't get any game time.

I strongly suspect that some of those you`ve mentioned will be getting binned, as Koeman "mistakes ".

We've gone from Moyes (4-5-1 direct) - Martinez (4-2-1-3 possession) - Koeman (4-3-3 direct) to Allardyce (4-5-1 very direct) and now have a collection of players (Sandro, Klaassen, Schniederlin) who blatantly won't work with Sam's "style". And a youth system packed with potential PL
Exactly. If you look at some of the best looks around they always get a manager who fits the system.

Everton meanwhile are throwing crap at the wall to see if it sticks. Moshiri hasn't got a clue and he is hiring people around that don't either.

He reminds me of Liverpools owner but much wors, less rich and less competent.

What style should Everton play? Which formation is the Everton way?

We play it on the carpet, we play it in the air, whichever way we play it, we play it fair and square!!

I think its harsh to say Sam wont give the young uns a go, something that was labelled at Koeman, if they are good enough they will get a chance.

What style should Everton play? Which formation is the Everton way?

We play it on the carpet, we play it in the air, whichever way we play it, we play it fair and square!!

I think its harsh to say Sam wont give the young uns a go, something that was labelled at Koeman, if they are good enough they will get a chance.

I don't think you have to be completely rigid with it but a general idea might be we play pacy, direct, attacking football with width and high energy. So you recruit managers and players who fit in with that.

Last player Sam played from a youth team was Kevin Nolan, West Ham said he showed zero interest when he was there (though to be fair I don't think anyone he ignored has gone on to prove him wrong)

That interview shows how significant the changes are in the next few years.

His comment about Allardyce giving us the "platform" to move on virtually guarantees he won't be here beyond the summer. That should reassure a lot of people, myself included, that we won't have to see Everton being rung dry by the worst of the game's characters for too long.

Moshiri is also clearly fed up of the clown fiesta happening at everton in the last two decades. Any ideas Bill and Bob had that they could just partially cash in and still run the show are now buried. It also shows why he talks through Jim White when not physically in front of the camera on evertontv - he doesn't trust his written missives to be sent out unadulterated.

Would take something massive for Elstone to be CEO and Bill to be chairman in six months time.

His voice tho

For the older members..
Akaufman1.jpg

I don't think you have to be completely rigid with it but a general idea might be we play pacy, direct, attacking football with width and high energy. So you recruit managers and players who fit in with that.

Last player Sam played from a youth team was Kevin Nolan, West Ham said he showed zero interest when he was there (though to be fair I don't think anyone he ignored has gone on to prove him wrong)

Sam has a reputation for liking width and power in the striking department so that's all right.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back