Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
In all honesty I'm not sure it's football men we need either. I think a big part of Bills problem is that he's a "football man". In that he is an old fashioned fella who'd have probably done ok at running Everton pre PL where much of the expectations was around raising cash via strictly football activities. He's not the most innovative guy but his stability and consistency would have partially covered for this.

Everton are looking to aggressively grow market share, an a rapidly expanding industry in what is now one of the top 3 sports Franchises in the world. For the most part people who were around football 20 years ago will struggle to keep up with this. You need to find individuals who have a history of growing businesses rapidly.

If I were Farhad I would approach David Gill. Offer him 5 million basic and a 5 million bonus for raising bone broadcast revenues 20-25% year on year. After 4 years we get to where Tottenham are now.

I would get a proper DOF in who can run the football side of the business. Rangnick would have been good, as would Zorc from Dortmund. People say they won't go, but 2-3 million pounds a year would indicate otherwise. Also a bonus scheme for profit on players sold on could be considered.

I imagine Jim Whites salary is large so may be difficult, but I'd consider getting him in, maybe on a consultative basis to work on communications team.

As regards the marketing team, look at companies who do it well. McDonald's, Marks and Spencer's, John Lewis etc. They will be getti paid a relative pittance and again they may come on board.

As for Chairman, you could either look at other sports Franchises, such as F1. Or would could look at Evertonians like Paul Gilroy (from BP). Could we get someone from RedBull franchises who seem to be running a number of football clubs very well?

Add in some big non exec guy, such as Gilroy, Terry Leahy maybe even Mark Carney (who as Evertonians would consider it) and you begin to get the base of an organisation that could begin to compete.

You don't really need football people. Some expertise is helpless in DOF, you need driven and competent people working to a clear plan.
I was thinking we could do worse than asking Nicola Cortese what he’s up to

Just seen his interview on Everton TV..

I genuinely don’t think this guy is a fraud, why would he bother?

He’s the millionaire, not us, sat here moaning on an online forum.

He’s got to where he is in the business world through know how - that is what we get from Allardyce, know how.

Moshiri said it himself, he provides us with stability and a platform. That is all that encompasses this season now.

Yeah,
Just seen his interview on Everton TV..

I genuinely don’t think this guy is a fraud, why would he bother?

He’s the millionaire, not us, sat here moaning on an online forum.

He’s got to where he is in the business world through know how - that is what we get from Allardyce, know how.

Moshiri said it himself, he provides us with stability and a platform. That is all that encompasses this season now.

i watched it as well. You could almost see the wheels turning in Mosh's head how exasperated he was with his Koeman mistake and he understands how important it is that we are a stable club first before challenging for things - walking before running. Casting our ambitions aside, the current reality is we aren't truly challenging for anything anytime soon. However, to get to that point, we cannot fall any farther than we are now. At the very least, BFS should ensure we don't slide into oblivion, but gets us top half comfortably and gives us more time to create revenue streams off the pitch, work on the stadium deal, and provide a path forward that will create a buzz for 3, 4, 5 years down the road. Realistically, we need better players for that, and we won't attract them now.

Unfortunately, Mosh originally believed Koeman was the man to do just that, stabilise the club, etc, and last year he looked as if he was on the right track. Now it looks like we're behind 18-24 months on the "project", but as others have stated, we're going to have our fair share of downs before the upward trajectory. Look, if this were old Everton, we'd still be sitting with Koeman right now. He's gone, Mosh essentially owned up to his mistake, and now we move forward, first with BFS, but everyone knows this is short term as it's only an 18 month contract.

It is the sheer incompetence that gets me.

It isn't hard to run the playing style of a football club surely:

1. Set out how you want your club to play
2. Recruit managers who have successfully coached in that style
3. Recruit players who can play in that style
4. Ensure you have enough players for each postion

We've gone from Moyes (4-5-1 direct) - Martinez (4-2-1-3 possession) - Koeman (4-3-3 direct) to Allardyce (4-5-1 very direct) and now have a collection of players (Sandro, Klaassen, Schniederlin) who blatantly won't work with Sam's "style". And a youth system packed with potential PL
players who won't get any game time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back