Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We survived Relegation twice on the last day of the season. Once down to dodgy match and the 2nd on goal difference. We won 1 cup in what 30 years. We have a awful old stadium with 100s of pillars in peoples way. Most of the money we earn is from tv revenue, we had 3 failed stadium attempts.
All this before Moshiri came in, yet he’s made us a laughing stock. Give you head a wobble

This

I'm no Moshiri fan, but this club was already a broken mess run by charlatans when he got here, he's just exacerbated things. He's a symptom, not the disease

Its all gone wrong since Moshiri got involved and I don't know what is going on but we have brought in a dof which we have never needed and we have lost our identity as a club reknowned for playing with passion and heart. We have lost key players at the club and brought in mercenaries who are here for the money. Things have gotten out of hand and nobody knows how to manage the situation. We have no team structure or shape. We have too many players and even more dead wood than two seasons ago.

How I miss seeing this starting xi

Howard
Coleman
Distin
Jagielka
Baines
Barry
McCarthy
Pienaar
Barkley
Mirallas
Lukaku

Now its a shambles. Players with no passion or fight.

To be honest, you didn't see much of that starting eleven after season 2013/14.

Pienaar and Distin only played 20 odd league games between them in 2014/15, so, there are many things to bash Moshiri with, but the breakup of that starting eleven started way before his time, and I, for one, don't miss the Tim Howard that was playing after Moshiri bought his shares.

We are actually a Great opportunity for a DOF, CEO and new Manager.

Great fanbase, potential new stadium, good players, a squad which is only 3-4 arrivals and 3-4 departures away from a great squad, excellent academy.

The only problem is that the CEO, DOF and MANAGER all have to be of the same mindset and 'culture'. I know it's on a different planet, but Man City is working because they have basically replicated and recruited Barcelona and the same philosophy is running through the club now.

We need a coherent philosophy, football and business strategy that 3 new key people sign up to and follow, and NOT that we lurch from a Walsh to a 'Monchi-type' and from Martinez to Koeman to Allardyce - totally totally different managers. Where's the strategy? Write it down and follow it for gods sake

Its about time this was said....the way some so called supporters on here are attacking Moshiri is nothing short of shameful .More progress has been made at this club since he has been here than for many years before, for one main reason...his financial clout. Mistakes have been made, in hindsight, with regard to the management coaching and playing staff, but steps have always been taken to correct these mistakes...managers have been sacked,players have been sold, and a steady manager has been brought in to,simply, steady the ship. So Moshiri is learning.
The way some people are talking, Moshiri is the devil in disguise,out to rip everyone off personally,and even mature posters who are usually reasonable are out for blood...'Sack him....throw him out....etc ...etc. and as usual most of the arguments against the Moshiri regime are based on rumour, pub talk,gossip and media reports(funny how the media is always right when it prints bad stuff about Everton, but always wrong or 'paid off' when it prints good stuff)
Around a dozen managers in the Prem have lost their jobs this season....its easier to get a managerial appointment wrong than it is to get it right. You would think it only happens at Everton...well, get wise its happening everywhere. 'That's football' I'm afraid....like it or lump it.
The signings of Cenk and in particular Walcott are positive moves...yet posters still complain. Deadwood has been removed(not completely...the cull will continue) Replacement players will be better and more in tune with the true Everton Way...full of fight and passion. This doesn't happen anywhere in five minutes...but it will happen.
I don't know what it is about football forums...perfectly normal people rant and rave and complain about things of which they have little knowledge
I suppose its the internet. It turns everyone into an all knowing master debater(!!)

Its about time this was said....the way some so called supporters on here are attacking Moshiri is nothing short of shameful .More progress has been made at this club since he has been here than for many years before, for one main reason...his financial clout. Mistakes have been made, in hindsight, with regard to the management coaching and playing staff, but steps have always been taken to correct these mistakes...managers have been sacked,players have been sold, and a steady manager has been brought in to,simply, steady the ship. So Moshiri is learning.
The way some people are talking, Moshiri is the devil in disguise,out to rip everyone off personally,and even mature posters who are usually reasonable are out for blood...'Sack him....throw him out....etc ...etc. and as usual most of the arguments against the Moshiri regime are based on rumour, pub talk,gossip and media reports(funny how the media is always right when it prints bad stuff about Everton, but always wrong or 'paid off' when it prints good stuff)
Around a dozen managers in the Prem have lost their jobs this season....its easier to get a managerial appointment wrong than it is to get it right. You would think it only happens at Everton...well, get wise its happening everywhere. 'That's football' I'm afraid....like it or lump it.
The signings of Cenk and in particular Walcott are positive moves...yet posters still complain. Deadwood has been removed(not completely...the cull will continue) Replacement players will be better and more in tune with the true Everton Way...full of fight and passion. This doesn't happen anywhere in five minutes...but it will happen.
I don't know what it is about football forums...perfectly normal people rant and rave and complain about things of which they have little knowledge
I suppose its the internet. It turns everyone into an all knowing master debater(!!)
Is that you Bill?

Moshiri is putting up a new stadium to the docks. And some have nerve to criticise him. Even Lukakus mar would respect him more than some cry arse evertonians. Shame on you.

Moshiri is doing nothing the Club is borrowing £280m on favourable terms from the Council and there are vague promises about where the other £220m+ is coming from. Moshiri saying that we don't need to worry about money whilst he is involved has now turned into Mosh is puting up £220m+.

Listen to Elstone if costs escalate then we pull out.

So, what you're saying is, you're a mass debater?

Agreed mate.
The problem, for me anyway, is that all the mistakes have been made where it matters most. On the football pitch.
He may be doing his best, but he is showing himself to be naive and clueless. It appears we are actually going backwards despite having wasted all the money spent since his arrival.
I try to remain positive in general. I think off field he has been great for us so far, and that will multiply when the stadium build begins. However, I see nothing in the football department side of things to show any improvement any time soon.

How on earth is it shameful that some fans are holding the fella to account? You talk about progress, but there hasn't been any. We have gone backwards - it can't be disputed, it's a fact.

If this forum had existed 20 years ago you'd have been telling everyone there was nothing to worry about with regards to Kings Dock. Given what we've seen until now, it can hardly come as a shock to you that people are questioning whether the current regime are capable of delivering on their promises.

Agreed mate.
The problem, for me anyway, is that all the mistakes have been made where it matters most. On the football pitch.
He may be doing his best, but he is showing himself to be naive and clueless. It appears we are actually going backwards despite having wasted all the money spent since his arrival.
I try to remain positive in general. I think off field he has been great for us so far, and that will multiply when the stadium build begins. However, I see nothing in the football department side of things to show any improvement any time soon.

Where is the progress? Sold our best players, performed terribly all season and have Sam Allardyce as manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back