Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That stadium is conning an awful lot of people. Some seem to be mesmerised by it. Take it off the table and look what there is left: a club that's been destroyed in his period in office.

If this was happening under Kenwright there would be a sustained attack on him and rightly so.

Taking the stadium off the table, we have still spent more on players than at any point in our history. Is it anyones fault that we had two large bankable assets who wanted to leave then offsets the spending. (& also made the team worse)

Bottom line is what are you moaning about today, that we haven't spent 200 million pounds? We could spend that and be in the exact same position as we were in the summer. The players that want to come to us are not the players that will kick start our ascent to the top of the league. So should we panic and end up paying twice as we should for an ordinary player? Better off keeping the money for when we look a better prospect. (Cough *New manager* cough) We should keep to the principle of evolution and not revolution to target 2 positions each year and replace with the highest possible quality. Let's hope going forward that happens.

Mistakes have been made no doubt, but he also deserves the chance to correct those, it's not like we haven't spent and what he has done has been with good intentions. To compare him with Kenwright is daft and frankly unhelpful.

So this wasn't happening under Kenwright?

• He was selling our best players and not even giving us the money to reinvest!
  • We had THREE failed stadium moves under Kenwright.
Moyes was keeping Kenwright's head above water, he upped and left to go to Man Utd and we got very fortunate that Martinez fluked a good season straight away. What followed was a period of decline and we would been in an even worse position, because Rom/Stones would have been sold and we would have been paying banks back and not reinvesting their fees into the squad.

Walsh and Koeman have seriously let Moshiri down. £250m gross spend in 12 months. We should be seeing a lot better than what we're getting.

But here we are again with you, Dave, spinning your own narrative to suit your warped agenda.
Where did I say it wasn't happening under Kenwright?

Taking the stadium off the table, we have still spent more on players than at any point in our history. Is it anyones fault that we had two large bankable assets who wanted to leave then offsets the spending. (& also made the team worse)

Bottom line is what are you moaning about today, that we haven't spent 200 million pounds? We could spend that and be in the exact same position as we were in the summer. The players that want to come to us are not the players that will kick start our ascent to the top of the league. So should we panic and end up paying twice as we should for an ordinary player? Better off keeping the money for when we look a better prospect. (Cough *New manager* cough) We should keep to the principle of evolution and not revolution to target 2 positions each year and replace with the highest possible quality. Let's hope going forward that happens.

Mistakes have been made no doubt, but he also deserves the chance to correct those, it's not like we haven't spent and what he has done has been with good intentions. To compare him with Kenwright is daft and frankly unhelpful.
Let's get this clear: Moshiri has spent the grand total of f.a. on players since he arrived. The club has paid for them out of revenues received in all their guises.

It is becoming quite clear that Moshiri is being blinded by reality from those around him, all happen to be the same ones who are responsable for everything that is wrong with the club.

I have said it before but it appears to me Moshiri is a businessman with no footballing experience running a football club. He has invested all of that into Bill Kenwright, Roberto Elstone and now Steve Walsh into sorting that area out and buys into their excuses over and over again. I'm sorry but i am sick of hearing that certain positions aren't available anywhere in the world, despite having months notice to find it over and over again. We have been told there aren't any strikers, left backs or managers this season alone, what are these people actually doing then if they can't find any of them?

Our scouting network being fronted by Steve walsh has signed 3 players outside of this country, the rest have come from within it. From those 3 we are trying to get rid of two of them 5 months later after neither of them actually being trusted for a first team place. Personal opinion aside, that is terrible business and terrible decision making all around. Following on from our transfer nightmare, we needed 2 positions this window and only signed one, again you have to question why we are bringing in a new winger and another centre half with nothing to play for this season and therefore reduced games to go.

the question that should always be asked of all of this is why is no-one accountable? Koeman was held accountable and we now see how little he had responsibility of here, nothing changed, nothing improved and the same failures taking place without him here. Which brings me back to the original point, Moshiri is being told how difficult things are, how these things are normal and we just try again and he believes it because of who is telling him this. So nothing will change, no matter who is the manager next (or even worse Sam stays), the transfers will still be terrible with the same people fronting them all, there has been no repercussions of that.

This season has been the most disconnected i have been from everton since starting to go the game. there is just an air of not arsed attitudes throughout the club from expected losses, hiring of retired managers who have won nothing and is doing nothing team wise, and the same terrible transfer policy that no-one has learned from even now. We have wasted so much money to see our club be driven into a relegation battle except the amount of money spent could have turned us into a club with real ambition.

The ambition that Moshiri talks about is simply money making because if he actually had a deep investment in the team then none of this would be acceptable, but it is, and that is the problem. the blind leading the blind as it were, the people who nearly drove the club into the ground once has been allowed to have another go. all the money spent, and we have literally nothing to show for it. How many years will it take to turn all of this around?

The sad thing is, we as fans truly care about everton and to see this circus go on and on it is heartbreaking. I have said it before, but why as fans should we care if the club clearly don't?

Some very pessimistic views here.

He picked a wrong setup in Koeman and Walsh.

Everything else (well, maybe apart from the lack of change at board room/exec level) has been spot on.

The speed in which the setup is addressed in the summer, and what we do afterwards will be significant.

Everything else (well, maybe apart from the lack of change at board room/exec level) has been spot on.

The speed in which the setup is addressed in the summer, and what we do afterwards will be significant.

It is blind faith that it will change surely? There has been no evidence of it so far and like i said in my post above, it is the same people doing the same things over and over without anyone taking any blame.

...and Allardyce, Shakespeare and Lee.

And the failure to spend a quarter of a billion quid anything remotely like intelligently since he arrived is down to him. He's in control. He's demolished us in 22 months from a traditional European spot contender to a club that's stumbling from one season to the next.

It is blind faith that it will change surely? There has been no evidence of it so far and like i said in my post above, it is the same people doing the same things over and over without anyone taking any blame.

If we conjured 2 extra wins this season, (or Koeman had prior being sacked on gameweek 9) we'd 7th which is our level - whether we want to accept it or not.

I think as a fan base we need to consider whether we're deluding ourselves.

It's all this cry arsing, and having a regime who react to it that has played a significant part in us currently having Sam Allardyce as our manager.

...and Allardyce, Shakespeare and Lee.

And the failure to spend a quarter of a billion quid anything remotely like intelligently since he arrived is down to him. He's in control. He's demolished us in 22 months from a traditional European spot contender to a club that's stumbling from one season to the next.

Absolute last resort.

He didn't want them.

As I just said in another thread;

To be fair, most fans lauded Koeman as a choice.

Likewise with Walsh, we went out and took one of the biggest names for that position at the time - we wanted Monchi, got Walsh.

A strong enough first season, it then went tits up and we've been found wanting. They hoped Unsworth could steer the ship but bottled it and went for Allardyce to save us from a potential abyss.

For me, Moshiri has only had one shot really at appointing a manager.
He'll get another in the summer.

Moshiri didn't want Allardyce.
That is not speculation, Allardyce himself said it.

I'd be more concerned if we were spending big on the instruction of a setup that the owner didn't want, and I dont think will be here in four months.

It is becoming quite clear that Moshiri is being blinded by reality from those around him, all happen to be the same ones who are responsable for everything that is wrong with the club.

I have said it before but it appears to me Moshiri is a businessman with no footballing experience running a football club. He has invested all of that into Bill Kenwright, Roberto Elstone and now Steve Walsh into sorting that area out and buys into their excuses over and over again. I'm sorry but i am sick of hearing that certain positions aren't available anywhere in the world, despite having months notice to find it over and over again. We have been told there aren't any strikers, left backs or managers this season alone, what are these people actually doing then if they can't find any of them?

Our scouting network being fronted by Steve walsh has signed 3 players outside of this country, the rest have come from within it. From those 3 we are trying to get rid of two of them 5 months later after neither of them actually being trusted for a first team place. Personal opinion aside, that is terrible business and terrible decision making all around. Following on from our transfer nightmare, we needed 2 positions this window and only signed one, again you have to question why we are bringing in a new winger and another centre half with nothing to play for this season and therefore reduced games to go.

the question that should always be asked of all of this is why is no-one accountable? Koeman was held accountable and we now see how little he had responsibility of here, nothing changed, nothing improved and the same failures taking place without him here. Which brings me back to the original point, Moshiri is being told how difficult things are, how these things are normal and we just try again and he believes it because of who is telling him this. So nothing will change, no matter who is the manager next (or even worse Sam stays), the transfers will still be terrible with the same people fronting them all, there has been no repercussions of that.

This season has been the most disconnected i have been from everton since starting to go the game. there is just an air of not arsed attitudes throughout the club from expected losses, hiring of retired managers who have won nothing and is doing nothing team wise, and the same terrible transfer policy that no-one has learned from even now. We have wasted so much money to see our club be driven into a relegation battle except the amount of money spent could have turned us into a club with real ambition.

The ambition that Moshiri talks about is simply money making because if he actually had a deep investment in the team then none of this would be acceptable, but it is, and that is the problem. the blind leading the blind as it were, the people who nearly drove the club into the ground once has been allowed to have another go. all the money spent, and we have literally nothing to show for it. How many years will it take to turn all of this around?

The sad thing is, we as fans truly care about everton and to see this circus go on and on it is heartbreaking. I have said it before, but why as fans should we care if the club clearly don't?
Good post, and I agree with a lot of that. But let's not try and create the impression that Moshiri is aloof from all this and being let down by those he hires. To hire a gaggle of duffers in the first place and hand them cash to burn is hands on management. Just lately he went hell for leather after Silva in a personal crusade to get him here from Watford that cost us credibility and goodwill in the game and still turned up empty handed. He chose to do that. He's also chosen to go public and get directly involved in transfer dealings.

He is front and centre in this unfolding disaster.

If we conjured 2 extra wins this season, (or Koeman had prior being sacked on gameweek 9) we'd 7th which is our level - whether we want to accept it or not.

I think as a fan base we need to consider whether we're deluding ourselves.

It's all this cry arsing, and having a regime who react to it that has played a significant part in us currently having Sam Allardyce as our manager.

Oh hello

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/accepting-where-we-are.101602/

Absolute last resort.

He didn't want them.

As I just said in another thread;

Moshiri didn't want Allardyce.
That is not speculation, Allardyce himself said it.

I'd be more concerned if we were spending big on the instruction of a setup that the owner didn't want, and I dont think will be here in four months.
But we ended up with Allardyce because he bolloxed the Silva pursuit. 5 weeks he spent on that. There's managers out there that are far better than Allardyce other than Silva and other clubs seem to have no problem getting them at pretty short notice. It's called forward planning, and this feller obviously has no conception of it.

But we ended up with Allardyce because he bolloxed the Silva pursuit. 5 weeks he spent on that. There's managers out there that are far better than Allardyce other than Silva and other clubs seem to have no problem getting them at pretty short notice. It's called forward planning, and this feller obviously has no conception of it.

I think being devils advocate mate, he needs someone more savvy on the football side then he currently has around him... because the ones advising him have agenda's and are just as bad at that side.

Added to the fact that Walsh is a absolute turd burgler and doesnt know his arse from his elbow doesn't help... Walsh pushed Moshiri into getting Sam...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back