Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Agree Dave
We need
A CEO who has experience of getting big builds done on time and on budget
A footballing CEO to look after the football side of things and appoint a good experienced DOF
A new Commercial Director to seek out and obtain sponsorship and new revenue streams
An experienced manager willing to work with the DOF
The DOF and manager need to be given a minimum of 2 years to turn things around ( only proviso being we are mid table or above )

My, only a small list!! which stone do we turn over to find all them?

The irony being here is that's my exact point. It's not black and white, but you follow that with "it's either or".

It's not.

We/football fans in general need to be less bi-polar and appreciate longer term/context. Both with the hysteria/praise and the doom and gloom.

The flak Moshiri is taking here, and has done for some time is an example of...

z9c83.jpg

We put up with Bill for so long we got a new overlord who was billed as Billionaire and talk of a war chest. I don’t think the PR has helped what you say above.

100%, RK took the fall but was the transfer disaster which we ended up with(because we were all optimistic at the start of the window) has to be part Walsh fault and he's flying high still, both should have gone for me.

According to info posted elsewhere onhere it is was a shared decision between the two of them, rather think though RK had the final say.

We put up with Bill for so long we got a new overlord who was billed as Billionaire and talk of a war chest. I don’t think the PR has helped what you say above.

We're not going to challenge for the title/spend more than Man City or Chelsea.

Adjust your expectations.

The below is our January transfer window as of two hours ago, a temporary regime is being supported/cropped up reasonably well.

A far cry from prior Moshiri...

The point being the fine margins that exist in the game and how we're only ever a few weeks away from hysteria or panic.

The club and it's fans would benefit from calmer heads. I think this article made a very good point with "the age of social media has or rather is re-defining us as supporters".
Unfortunately too many people are making their minds up before rather than after.

Reading some of the contributions on here explains why clubs do keep supporters in the dark about so much that happens at a club. So much of the comments show no insight into how a team is trained or prepared. When a manager is appointed results have to instant, a player has to be brilliant from the first time he kicks a ball in our colours.
We have even moved now to where it is predecided if the manager and/or player is good or bad and it doesn't seem to matter what they do afterwards.

I agree. And it fits in with him doing what I've advocated a few times myself: that he disappears from sight and sound and employs an experienced and respected within the industry CEO to oversee this club.
That could tie into the rumours that Kenwright is gone around March time. New CEO and Chairman to step up? Is Elstone still in for that Rugby league job or has someone else got that?

Edit: That rumour about the fella Gilvary of BP keeps popping up on different forums/ twitter. Could be him that comes in on some level

That could tie into the rumours that Kenwright is gone around March time. New CEO and Chairman to step up? Is Elstone still in for that Rugby league job or has someone else got that?

Edit: That rumour about the fella Gilvary of BP keeps popping up on different forums/ twitter. Could be him that comes in on some level

Latest I heard Elstone was going to manage a chain of suntan beds in Cancun. That's about his level.

Where did I say it wasn't happening under Kenwright?
You said ‘IF this was happening under Kenwright’ implying it was some sort of rare occurrence.

Moshiri has put up more than that drama queen ever did. The two are incomparable. Also, you’re stating your opinion on some sort of inevitable stadium collapse as fact again.

As I’ve said, thing are bad enough without you spreading untruths.

Agree Dave
We need
A CEO who has experience of getting big builds done on time and on budget
A footballing CEO to look after the football side of things and appoint a good experienced DOF
A new Commercial Director to seek out and obtain sponsorship and new revenue streams
An experienced manager willing to work with the DOF
The DOF and manager need to be given a minimum of 2 years to turn things around ( only proviso being we are mid table or above )
Well Moshiri has been here two years almost. How has he not tackled any of that lot?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back