Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Can we actually post a sticky on the forum to the effect that Iranians are not Arabs? They are repeatedly loudly and pointedly not Arabs. There are websites devoted to the fact they are not Arabs (literally http://www.persiansarenotarabs.com/). They are so not Arabs, they practically meet the Arabs coming the other way. There have been wars fought on the basis that Arabs are not Persians and in fact also that Persians are not Arabs.

They're not Indians either.
It bemuses me that so many people have not got their head around this.

Can we actually post a sticky on the forum to the effect that Iranians are not Arabs? They are repeatedly loudly and pointedly not Arabs. There are websites devoted to the fact they are not Arabs (literally http://www.persiansarenotarabs.com/). They are so not Arabs, they practically meet the Arabs coming the other way. There have been wars fought on the basis that Arabs are not Persians and in fact also that Persians are not Arabs.

Racist.

Oh lookout.

I live on the East Coast so how can I be a Westerner?

Crazy.

A red at work has told me that whilst we are all pretty chuffed with our overlord Moshiri (who he assures me isn't actually richer than John Henry) and his links to Usmanov (who would never leave Arsenal unless it was for a bigger club like Liverpool) the reality is we have an owner who will look to sell our star players to Arsenal as favour to his bestest bud turning us into a feeder club almost for the North London side.

and this person actually has a job? please tell me you weren't on the interview panel? this kind of stuff belongs at primary school age not in the workforce.

For most kopites their historic success, which we have to acknowledge is impressive, creates a major impediment to rational analysis of their club. Admitting that they are in any way second rate at anything almost feels like a betrayal.

If they can bring themselves to acknowledge a problem then they have to find someone to blame, ideally outside the club but "yanks" will do.

Finally, any success gets greeted as a right rather than a joy. It quickly gets wrapped into the mawkish, sentimental media narrative that they have crafted over decades. They seem to enjoy the attention more than the success. There are some sound kopites who talk sense, even about football, but they get drowned out by the sheep spouting romanticised guff.

If we are honest though we have our own burdens, from our class "miserable 'arl git" quota who seem to have never seen an Everton player they rate to a noisily, persistently obnoxious racist chunk in our away support. I'd personally rather focus on us being the best fans we can be rather than bashing our unfortunate neighbours.

So you're saying is Persians aren't Arabs?

It's not very clear in that post

For most kopites their historic success, which we have to acknowledge is impressive, creates a major impediment to rational analysis of their club. Admitting that they are in any way second rate at anything almost feels like a betrayal.

If they can bring themselves to acknowledge a problem then they have to find someone to blame, ideally outside the club but "yanks" will do.

Finally, any success gets greeted as a right rather than a joy. It quickly gets wrapped into the mawkish, sentimental media narrative that they have crafted over decades. They seem to enjoy the attention more than the success.

There are some sound kopites who talk sense, even about football, but

....think my fav example of utterly KOPITE behaviour has to be the dude at Anfield - pitch-side seat - who was caught on TV doing their bog-standard 'FIVE TIMES' hand gesture whilst mouthing the same on repeat...

...at an injured REAL MADRID player.

Seemed to somehow sum up so much, namely nothing else matters to them, not even maths or facts.

Oh well, off topic.....MOSHIRI in....rah-rah-rah etc...

....think my fav example of utterly KOPITE behaviour has to be the dude at Anfield - pitch-side seat - who was caught on TV doing their bog-standard 'FIVE TIMES' hand gesture whilst mouthing the same on repeat...

...at an injured REAL MADRID player.

Seemed to somehow sum up so much, namely nothing else matters to them, not even maths or facts.

Oh well, off topic.....MOSHIRI in....rah-rah-rah etc...
They're deffo a special bunch like

Any way this moshi moshi bloke, I approve

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back