Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Until he has a song like this I can't be having Moshiri.

We got a Arab called Moshiri,
An Iranian chap from London Town or Monaco , he always dreamed of being a toffee and urinating on Liverpool. As long as you own the blues we will sing this song for you Moshiri is a toffee through and through.

Looking forward to constructive criticism for my lyrics :coffee:

Capture.webp

Until he has a song like this I can't be having Moshiri.

We got a Arab called Moshiri,
An Iranian chap from London Town or Monaco , he always dreamed of being a toffee and urinating on Liverpool. As long as you own the blues we will sing this song for you Moshiri is a toffee through and through.

Looking forward to constructive criticism for my lyrics :coffee:
MY EYES!!!!!!

Given his connections and ambition it would not be a huge surprise if at some point in the future Moshiri brought in one or more well-heeled junior partners if that helps drive success.

The one thing I just cannot see is Usmanov coming in as it is not what either man seems to want. Usmanov still harbours designs on Arsenal and we are now Moshiri's train set which meets his ambitions as he has wanted to be the main man at a PL club for a while.

If Usmanov had control at Arsenal it would be Moshiri running the club for him! Fortunately for us Kroenke is entrenched there and we have gained a very (not mega) wealthy successful businessman who already has PL/football experience and connections which should reduce the risk of a meddling disaster. We should be very happy with what we will soon have officially confirmed and then buckle in for the ride.

If things go well, and I am cautiously optimistic, in five years time we should be supporting a commercially competent club with a new/redeveloped ground, realistic regular trophy prospects (no guarantees, we are not City/Chelsea rich) and a growing national and international fan base. Hopefully, each year on that path will see measurable progress and maybe a shiny silver pot or two!

No he will get approval. Things wont always be as rosy as now thats all

We all laughed when it went t*ts up for LFC and Hicks and Gillett, they sang about them at first also
But he isn't American and has had genuine interest in owning a football club for many years, somehow see him as being a little different to hicks and Gillett

No he will get approval. Things wont always be as rosy as now thats all

We all laughed when it went t*ts up for LFC and Hicks and Gillett, they sang about them at first also

I'm actually baffled by the fear some supporters have over our new chairman, we are comparing him to Hicks and Gillett and Venkys without even him being owner a week.

16 years we have had to endure other teams moving ahead of us both on and off the field, a very rich successful businessman takes us over and fans are dreading what the future holds.

I can't fathom that way of thinking.

Cant wait to hear Moshiris first presser

Me neither...

'Hiya Lads.....First off I'd like to apologise for me NOT being my friend USMANOV but I do hope you grow to like me in time, I promise I'll really, really try my best....Secondly, my niece SHEEVA....she ain't no 1st team playthaaaaang so PLEASE stop trying to tap her off. Anyway, to business...'

I'm actually baffled by the fear some supporters have over our new chairman, we are comparing him to Hicks and Gillett and Venkys without even him being owner a week.

16 years we have had to endure other teams moving ahead of us both on and off the field, a very rich successful businessman takes us over and fans are dreading what the future holds.

I can't fathom that way of thinking.

Where have I said I am in fear ? Its just a bit cringey and reminds me of the time Chelsea fans waved bank notes in front of us when Abramovich took over

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back