Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
...I’m sure that’s right. Brands will have endorsed the appointment.

You are probably right, Eggs.

However, retrospectively endorsing the appointment of a man who in all likelihood was the manager in waiting months before he came on board is not the same as Brands actually instigating the headhunting of Silva,

It is my opinion that if Brands is as astute as we all hope he is, he would not have gone for Silva.

You are probably right, Eggs.

However, retrospectively endorsing the appointment of a man who in all likelihood was the manager in waiting months before he came on board is not the same as Brands actually instigating the headhunting of Silva,

It is my opinion that if Brands is as astute as we all hope he is, he would not have gone for Silva.

...and if he is astute as we hope, he would’ve vetoed the move had he thought Silva was not the right appointment.

No, we didn't.

You really think we are going to tap up one teams manager with the help of another teams director of football? Really?

PSV were publically compliant with our interest and subsequent capture of Brands. There were reports at the time of our first sign of interest that he would stay and assist PSV whilst it was commonly known he was coming to Everton. If you think he didn’t actually start his planning process until the day he officially arrived then I think you’re being a tad naive.

PSV were publically compliant with our interest and subsequent capture of Brands. There were reports at the time of our first sign of interest that he would stay and assist PSV whilst it was commonly known he was coming to Everton. If you think he didn’t actually start his planning process until the day he officially arrived then I think you’re being a tad naive.
Don't be silly, two things, first Silva was %100 the call of Moshiri, second, if Brands really was looking at us that early where is the striker?
He started his work when it started, for me I think he, as in Brands, has done a really good job, why some want to pin something on him he had no control over i dont know.

Don't be silly, two things, first Silva was %100 the call of Moshiri, second, if Brands really was looking at us that early where is the striker?
He started his work when it started, for me I think he, as in Brands, has done a really good job, why some want to pin something on him he had no control over i dont know.

The point is Brands is working with Silva, having been influential in his appointment. So suggesting I’m trying to “pin something on him” is silly. I’m happy to have the pair of them on board as it needs time and patience to fix everything that’s been broken under the previous two tenures plus the things like losing mentality that have been inherent here for years. I believe Silva is the right manager and Brands is the correct type to have as a DOF.

I’m happy to have the pair of them on board as it needs time and patience to fix everything that’s been broken ...

tenor.gif

Silva should have kicked down Moshiris door, kicked him in the balls and said have you seen a game this season or are you too pissed
all the time to realise the weaknesses that we have. Replace Pickford, Coleman, Keane and swap Gana for Mbappe, Oh yeah, and
bring back Tony Kay now he's served his ban. And what about a striker like Drogba eh?

I wish he never took over. We've been even worse since he got involved. I preferred us when we had no cash. We're just totally unlikable now - we spend ludicrous money on dross and are an awful football team.

Well well. Siva has said he has a close relationship with Mr Mosh. We will see I guess. I think he will want to dismiss him but finances may stop this occurring for now. Hope I'm wrong. He may also be thinking that he won't release any funds to strengthen as he must see that Silva is a poor coach. Season is over. Mosh must be fuming. Billionaires don't sit around. I hope he has the will to remove this fraud. Allardyce was better, you all know this. Bring in a caretaker. Do something please.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back