Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
“It has been difficult because we brought Carlo in at great effort and the sudden departure disrupted the club and all our plans. We built this squad for him and these are big, big disruptions.

--
James Allan Doucoure Godfrey Nkounkou

£65mil ???

“I mean, what are your criteria? Premier League experience, winning trophies, being dedicated, knowing the city and ability to perform

--
This is, quite frankly...peculiar and bizarre.

Christ Zat we've spent a fortune on managers, or have you forgot about Koeman acquired off Southampton, cost a packet and our name was dragged through the mud over poaching. Even Silva, okay not at Watford, but we approached him when he was, so even when he eventually come to us, we STILL had to pay compo and still the poaching jibes by the press and Watford ensued. We've had too many managers, too many wrong choices, who knows if this one will work out. I for one hope it does, sick of all the change and turmoil, we need stability.

Koeman was another stupid appointment

Silva was a progressive choice but clearly didnt work out...

Allardyce / Ancelotti / Benitez = Free

“It has been difficult because we brought Carlo in at great effort and the sudden departure disrupted the club and all our plans. We built this squad for him and these are big, big disruptions.

--
James Allan Doucoure Godfrey Nkounkou

£65mil ???

“I mean, what are your criteria? Premier League experience, winning trophies, being dedicated, knowing the city and ability to perform

--
Yup. He was impressed by FM

--

This one sentence is what I have been absolutely livid about with Everton. It proves, you will do nothing at this club or get a chance unless you have managed in the premier league.

How small minded are we, absolutely pathetic.

Unlucky Farhad, when Benitez is sacked (and I totally think it'll come to that), who else is going to know the city and has prep experience.

Load of my arse... continue doing the same things and expect different results, its mad.

He's a traditional 'I'm the owner, so what' type boss it seems. Thought at PL, you can't pull such stuff, without getting green light from the DoF especially.

The references to Usmanov were stepping up over the past few weeks.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...nting-Rafael-benitez-as-new-manager-w0cfkpjxx

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/everton-Rafael-benitez-arsenal-usmanov-b942169.html

And now we've basically got confirmation that once again he had 'influence' in the direction the club is going.

But some individuals (not going to name names like) will say he's still not involved.

Koeman was another stupid appointment

Silva was a progressive choice but clearly didnt work out...

Allardyce / Ancelotti / Benitez = Free

At the time there wasn't a lot of posters who thought Koeman was a stupid appointment, I didnt, he was a big name, who had done well at unfashionable Southampton, who was supposedly destined for greater things and as we all know he was. Hindsight is a great thing Zat, but not all of us possess it, at that time a lot of Evertonians were told that the Koeman/ Walsh ticket was the dream ticket, ha look how that turned out
Allardyce a truly awful appointment, was on £6m a year, chicken feed eh, Ancelotti £11m a year pah, Benitez according to what report you listen to between £7m to £10m a year. No Zat nothing is free of cheap in football, in my humble opinion we have well and truly overspent on managers in compensation and salaries, but I'm sure with your encyclopedic knowledge of all things football, you'll tell us all different.

The references to Usmanov were stepping up over the past few weeks.

And now we've basically got confirmation that once again he had 'influence' in the direction the club is going.

But some individuals (not going to name names like) will say he's still not involved.

I want him to be involved and I do think that he has a huge amount of influence in the club.

I do also think however, its time that he came out of the woodwork, he has met the last two managers and gave the approval for them. Alright to do that and disappear.

My problem with Moshiri is when it comes to Everton he is easily persuaded, Makes rash decisions and clearly has no idea what he is doing.
I know a poster just up said Usmanov is involved but I just don’t see it. The club is a total and utter mess from top to bottom.
5 years later and the boardroom still the same
The team is worse then it was despite massive fees and wages
We have more debt then we ever had.

I don’t see how Usmanov would stand for that. Usmanov is a very wealthy business man
Moshiri an accountant and in football you need business men to run clubs now

Moshiri only positive is the stadium