Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters

At the time there wasn't a lot of posters who thought Koeman was a stupid appointment, I didnt, he was a big name, who had done well at unfashionable Southampton, who was supposedly destined for greater things and as we all know he was. Hindsight is a great thing Zat, but not all of us possess it, at that time a lot of Evertonians were told that the Koeman/ Walsh ticket was the dream ticket, ha look how that turned out
Allardyce a truly awful appointment, was on £6m a year, chicken feed eh, Ancelotti £11m a year pah, Benitez according to what report you listen to between £7m to £10m a year. No Zat nothing is free of cheap in football, in my humble opinion we have well and truly overspent on managers in compensation and salaries, but I'm sure with your encyclopedic knowledge of all things football, you'll tell us all different.

If you look at Koemans history at his clubs prior to Southampton then you'll see why i was massively against him on this forum.

Valencia in particular was a horror showing not to mention his personality and (lack of) work ethic.

Allardyce was brought in for risk management purposes. It was always a short term deal and never going to impact the club over that summer -- however, the Walcott and Tosun (who Moshiri has effectively admitted signing based on seeing one game for besiktas) signings still make no sense to me -- as they didnt at the time.

Ancelotti i had confidence that this summer (as stated) would be where he made his mark after only spending £65mil last summer -- which isnt much spread across 5 players -- going to the next stage of the rebuild. The squad is poor and i think the three styles he played over the season showed how limited alot of the players are. His £11mil a year attracted certain players to the club and improved others -- a sale of James for example would likely cover that amount.

As for my knowledge -- lets put that to one side. We have heard Moshiri talk the talk as if he is going to push us to the top of the league...hes said the same thing for years. He hired Ancelotti and gave him £65mil for 5 players when competitiors for those top slots pay that for one player.

Now hes gone for Benitez...claiming we need to be competing for trophies...does he get £65mil across the 5 players as well?

Moshiri needs to back up what hes saying now with serious money -- he makes hundreds of millions a year...

I think he is saying hes going his own way now and unless benitez massively fails then he has the full 3 years.
Well I think it depends on your definition of massively , the potential atmosphere if things don’t go well will influence anyone . It’s one thing seeing a bedsheet hung outside the stadium , it’s another to witness the vitriol we could see .

Just listening to moshiri - were there protests against moyes being appointed? I genuinely can’t remember
I dont remember that when he came, he got a great reception and was breath of fresh air after Smith, but Everton have small minority who will moan about anything, thankfully weve reached a stage where the club totally ignore them.
It would be ok if you have legitimate reason but for the sake of it, real issues we might have just get lost among the childish fume.

I dont remember that when he came, he got a great reception and was breath of fresh air after Smith, but Everton have small minority who will moan about anything, thankfully weve reached a stage where the club totally ignore them.
It would be ok if you have legitimate reason but for the sake of it, real issues we might have just get lost among the childish fume.

He meant replacing Silva, I don't remember any huge protests then though