Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, he's been guilty of appointing several managers with supposedly good reputations and backed every single 1 of them of them with the kinds of money we'd only dreamt of spending in the previous 2 decades, and has somehow got the new stadium under construction.

WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER IS HE???

Don’t forget financially mismanaging the club to the brink of punishments from the league and appointing Rafael Benitez to lead us into a relegation battle. Oh and having ties to a dodgy agent and going above said managers’ heads to sign crap players to line his pockets. What a generous saint, all this is for us. We should just shut up and be grateful customers.

Don’t forget financially mismanaging the club to the brink of punishments from the league and appointing Rafael Benitez to lead us into a relegation battle. Oh and having ties to a dodgy agent and going above said managers’ heads to sign crap players to line his pockets. What a generous saint, all this is for us. We should just shut up and be grateful customers.
He's essentially been guilty of being ambitious and not agreeing with and/or daring not to bow to the wills of a bunch of entitled no marks who expect him to shut up and put up his money. He has probably made plenty of poor decisions and plenty of good decisions in his life, as have most successful people, and he had the gall to do it in the immediate aftermath of taking over a team that had done things a certain way before he arrived and failed to have any sustained success (1 trophy being the exception to prove the rule) since he was in his early 30s.

It comes across as ignorant, ungrateful, entitled, and to be quite honest, embarrassing.

Have we underperformed? Definitely. But it's a strange game and a strange business. If it was that easy to do, there would be new champions every year or so, or teams that were at the top would never, ever drop off. But that's not the case.

But some angry scallies and arl fellas on twitter would've done it differently, and they obviously know better, as evidenced by their status in the game and/or the world of business.

Last edited:

Hes essentially been guilty of being ambitious and not agreeing with and/or daring not bow to the wills of a bunch of entitled no marks who expect him to shut up and put up his money. He has probably made plenty of poor decisions and plenty of good decisions, as have most successful people, and he had the gall to do it in the immediate aftermath of taking over a team that had done things a certain way before and failed to have any sustained success (1 trophy being the exception to prove the rule) since he was in his early 30s.

It comes across as ignorant, ungrateful, entitled, and to be quite honest, embarrassing.

Have we underperformed? Definitely. But it's a strange game and a strange business. If it was that easy to do, there would be new champions every year or so, or teams that were at the top would never, ever drop off. But that's not the case.

But some angry scallies and arl fellas on twitter would've done it differently, and they obviously know better, as evidenced by their status in the game and/or the world of business.

???

Take a bow son.

Imagine had he not spent a bean and just sat on the club to sell at a profit as many owners do viewing their clubs as simply assets to bleed

"DAT TIGHT ARSE IRANIAN IZ 'OLDING UZ BACK LAD".

He's essentially been guilty of being ambitious and not agreeing with and/or daring not to bow to the wills of a bunch of entitled no marks who expect him to shut up and put up his money. He has probably made plenty of poor decisions and plenty of good decisions in his life, as have most successful people, and he had the gall to do it in the immediate aftermath of taking over a team that had done things a certain way before he arrived and failed to have any sustained success (1 trophy being the exception to prove the rule) since he was in his early 30s.

Nice one for acknowledging absolutely zero of the above points. It sounds like you’ve made him bulletproof from criticism because he’s given a load of terrible managers (and agents) some money to spend on terrible players. Thanks but I won’t be joining in with the accolades as I watch the slide of this football club continue under his watch.

How is it “entitled” to want your football club to be run well? It’s not like I’m demanding we win the Champions League, I just don’t want us relegated and/or liquidated, and that’s the trajectory we’re on. Sorry for being so entitled to expect and want my football club to exist in 10 years time.

Nice one for acknowledging absolutely zero of the above points. It sounds like you’ve made him bulletproof from criticism because he’s given a load of terrible managers (and agents) some money to spend on terrible players. Thanks but I won’t be joining in with the accolades as I watch the slide of this football club continue under his watch.

How is it “entitled” to want your football club to be run well? It’s not like I’m demanding we win the Champions League, I just don’t want us relegated and/or liquidated, and that’s the trajectory we’re on. Sorry for being so entitled to expect and want my football club to exist in 10 years time.

Not at all, I acknowledged in my own response how we've underperformed, but there are several factors, and blaming it all on the owner who has invested heavily and attempted to right the wrongs of previous regimes to try to bridge the gap to the financial super powers we are seemingly forever in the shadow of, is not something I am going to criticise him for.

If any 1 of the several gambles he has taken pay off, and they could/should have, then we are looking a far better prospect than we had for a long time.

But these things don't always go exactly to plan, and we haven't yet found the right combination to bring us success. It takes a lot of time, a lot of money, and a hell of a lot of luck as well.

It's easy to point to things that have failed after the fact and say you knew they would be wrong, because those that are vocal about the inevitable failures are always going to be 100% right when it fails and eerily silent when it doesn't. And just based on probability alone, you are far more likely to fail than to succeed. As I alluded to earlier, if it was so easy to succeed, everyone would. Except they can't can they. Just 1 if the many variables to take into account.

It's the petulant, Verruca Salt approach of "I want it now!" that gets me. Its a very insular and short sighted way of looking at things. People throw about words like progress like there is some exact formula to perpetual improvement. It doesn't exist, and it can be the difference of 1 player or in some cases, 1 goal or save that is the difference between success and failure. Those sliding doors moments of what ifs, and we will literally never know how close we could've been if things had gone even slightly differently.

But by all means, stay angry, keep protesting, and maybe he will eventually have enough and move on. And maybe we will get someone better.

Then again, maybe we won't.

Last edited:
Not at all, I acknowledged in my own response how we've underperformed, but there are several factors, and blaming it all on the owner who has invested heavily and attempted to right the wrongs of previous regimes to try to bridge the gap to the financial super powers we are seemingly forever in the shadow of, is not something I am going to criticise him for.

If any 1 of the several gambles he has taken pay off, and they could/should have, then we are looking a far better prospect than we had for a long time.

But these things don't always go exactly to plan, and we haven't yet found the right combination to bring us success. It takes a lot of time, a lot of money, and a hell of a lot of luck as well.

It's easy to point to things that have failed after the fact and say you knew they would be wrong, because those that are vocal about the inevitable failures are always going to be 100% right when it fails and eerily silent when it doesn't. And just based on probability alone, you are far more likely to fail than to succeed. As I alluded to earlier, if it was so easy to succeed, everyone would. Except they can't can they. Just 1 if the many variables to take into account.

It's the petulant, Verruca Salt approach of "I want it now!" that gets me. Its a very insular and short sighted way of looking at things. People throw about words like progress like there is some exact formula to perpetual improvement. It doesn't exist, and it can be the difference of 1 player or in some cases, 1 goal or save that is the difference between success and failure. Those sliding doors moments of what ifs, and we will literally never know how close we could've been if things had gone even slightly differently.

But by all means, stay angry, keep protesting, and maybe he will eventually have enough and move on. And maybe we will get someone better.

Well that’s all well and good, but we’re not talking about success here, and you keep framing things like I’m fuming at Moshiri for not delivering us trophies and European football, but that just isn’t the case at all. We’re watching an alarming demise of our football club unfold before our eyes. It has been a managed decline ever since Moshiri came in. Is it too much to ask to not want our club to become the next Leeds or Sunderland? Is that petulant Veruca Salt behaviour? Well if it is, then consider me guilty.

The club’s future hinges on this season. We are at a fork in the road moment. If this goes wrong then there is no way back for us. I hold the man at the top of the club responsible for that, I really do. The fact we are in this position is nothing short of an absolute travesty.

It’s baffling to me that some of our fans still haven’t grasped the gravity of the situation and still continue to chat bubbles about trophies and success. I honestly couldn’t give the shiniest about any of that right now, the future of the club is at stake here.

Last edited:

That's Moshiri you're describing? All we want is stability and some semblance of long term improvement, but we're arguably getting worse every season while other clubs around us are improving, and Moshiri's short term gambles with managers and signings are a massive part of this.

Of course there isn't an exact formula. There is however, plenty of expertise and knowledge in the football world when it comes to how to run a club in our position sensibly, and Moshiri has never really shown any interest in doing it.

Do you not ever get embarrassed by some of the stuff you post?

I speak the truth sir.

You wanted investment in the squad
Mosh gave you investment in the squad

You wanted a stadium on the docks
Mosh has given you a stadium on the docks

You wanted Frankel as manager
Mosh went out and only got you Frankel as manager

You should be thanking the man not hounding him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back