Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Oh "F" that means we are messed up for the future now. No money for transfers.

Wonder what it means for BMD.

A sale of the club is what is desperately needed. Why are people still acting like Moshiri selling would be a bad thing?

Lots of people seem to have their heads in the sand on this. His period of ownership has been disastrous but people are scared of a sale. I'm confused.

Moshiri isn't going anywhere until the stadium is completed. He knows that he's going to take a big loss one way or the other but from his POV the safest way to restrict his loss to the smallest possible amount is by selling the club once it in Bramley-Moore. He's already sunk far to much of his own money to just walk away at this point.

Moshiri isn't going anywhere until the stadium is completed. He knows that he's going to take a big loss one way or the other but from his POV the safest way to restrict his loss to the smallest possible amount is by selling the club once it in Bramley-Moore. He's already sunk far to much of his own money to just walk away at this point.

He hasn’t sunk any of his own money in, he’s sunk a lot of Usmanov’s blood money in though.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest at all that moshiri is getting cold feet and now thinking about selling.

With his sugar daddy Usmanov cut off from him he's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

A carpet bagger. A fraud. Some of us were onto him from day one.
.I've said it for years on here - moshiri will destroy Everton. I just hope he bails before he sees the job through now.

Might be crap for a few seasons but could be a blessing in disguise of Moshiri sells up.

There’s no disguise, it’s just a good thing. Honestly the stadium will turn out to be the worst thing that’s ever happened to Everton, because it’s kept this cowboy in a position of influence at the club and been the only thing standing in the way of the fans chasing him out.

There’s no disguise, it’s just a good thing. Honestly the stadium will turn out to be the worst thing that’s ever happened to Everton, because it’s kept this cowboy in a position of influence at the club and been the only thing standing in the way of the fans chasing him out.
I would've preferred to stay at Goodison but revamp the place. Apparently that wasn't doable though. So a new stadium is a good thing but you'd imagine a new buyer would continue that project anyway.

I've no doubt Moshiri is a good business man, you don't become a multi billionaire by accident but like some relationships they just don't work out. I think that's the case here, he's tried, he's put money in but he's made bad decisions too like keeping Kenwright around etc and overall for all his good intent it's just not working.

It'll be a blessing if he sells up and we manage to stay up too. New ownership and a young manager with fresh ideas (Lampard) could really help us kick on. It's just went stale under Moshiri and I'm sure he knows it too

A massive helmet. The last time i liked us was before he bought us. I actually wish he was Russian instead of Iranian just so they would do an Abramovich on him so he would sell the club and then leave us the feck alone.

I am not sure I believe any of this but hopefully it is true. I cannot work out who does what at the club, Moshiri appears to want too manage the manager but doesn't want to have anything to do with the Board, they appear to be two totally different entities. I would prefer to see the club with less money to spend but with an owner who wouldn't let his money be wasted on compensation for has been managers and championship level players.
For me the end of the Moshiri era is not a bad thing, my concern is that we may not be able to attract the right buyer given the debt we are in and the fact that we need millions to build a new stadium and millions more to build a team.

What nonsense. If the stadium does get built it will be the big attraction for a new owner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back