Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Problem is who, look at Burnley sold to Yanks who have put sod all into the club.
True. Always a risk isn't there? Bigger example of that is the glazers at United, all the money in the world and absolutely terrible management of the club. Bit like us. I'd be happy with a solid owner who just took baby steps/ sensible steps forward i.e. first step secure top 7 consistently then top 6 then top 4 etc. Moshiri was just balls to the wall and its left us screwed. You don't need to be mega rich to run a successful club, it helps but not absolutely necessary so I'd be happy with someone of similar wealth to Moshiri or a bit less as long as their heads screwed on. Money for fees etc should be coming from good sponsorship deals etc anyway

Problem is who, look at Burnley sold to Yanks who have put sod all into the club.
You do know that money does not solve all problems, and “throwing money at it” doesn’t really achieve anything

I would have swapped the £500m pumped into the playing staff for £150m and a well oiled business strategy behind it.

As @MikeH72 said, the stadium is an illusion and it’s working. People have this weird sense that once it’s up we’ll be fine. But we won’t, because the owner has single handily destroyed the club.

Glazers have put hundreds of millions of debt on Utd and haven't even put a lick of paint on Old Trafford.

In times like this people just want midtable security but we've largely had that for the past decade and fans have ultimately demanded more.

The grass is always greener as they say. Give it 2-3 years under a new owner and if we aint top 7 or having won a trophy they'll also be frauds who need booting, worst owner in our 'istory they'll be.

Modern football in a nut shell for you.

Glazers have put hundreds of millions of debt on Utd and haven't even put a lick of paint on Old Trafford.

In times like this people just want midtable security but we've largely had that for the past decade and fans have ultimately demanded more.

The grass is always greener as they say. Give it 2-3 years under a new owner and if we aint top 7 or having won a trophy they'll also be frauds who need booting, worst owner in our 'istory they'll be.

Modern football in a nut shell for you.

No. All they’d need to do is have us stable in the Premier League with healthy finances to be a gigantic improvement on Moshiri.

No. All they’d need to do is have us stable in the Premier League with healthy finances to be a gigantic improvement on Moshiri.

And not competing for anything?

Last time I heard 8th wasn't good enough and certainly 10th under Ancelotti was bang average.

But if the owners spend the bare minimum meaning 8th-10th is as good as it gets the fans will accept that long term?

I doubt it.

We were top 6 under Moyes and had planes and marches against Bill Kenwright.

And not competing for anything?

Last time I heard 8th wasn't good enough and certainly 10th under Ancelotti was bang average.

But if the owners spend the bare minimum meaning 8th-10th is as good as it gets the fans will accept that long term?

I doubt it.

We were top 6 under Moyes and had planes and marches against Bill Kenwright.

Well I’ll take 10th right now over where we’ve ended up under this owner.

Well I’ll take 10th right now over where we’ve ended up under this owner.

Most would, but then what?

Thats my point - unless a new owner has the means to push us on completely I see no reason to roll the dice.

Fact is every club outside of the top 6 will flirt with relegation at some stage - Villa and Newcastle both went down, Leicester were in a relegation scrap the season after winning the league, WHU, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Palace etc have all been in and around the bottom 3/6 in recent seasons.

Thats the manner of the beast and how things will be when every club can now spend money - the days of the top 6, Everton being best of the rest and the other 13 being none entitles is long gone.

Thats my point - unless a new owner has the means to push us on completely I see no reason to roll the dice.

Fact is every club outside of the top 6 will flirt with relegation at some stage - Villa and Newcastle both went down, Leicester were in a relegation scrap the season after winning the league, WHU, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Palace etc have all been in and around the bottom 3/6 in recent seasons.

Thats the manner of the beast and how things will be when every club can now spend money - the days of the top 6, Everton being best of the rest and the other 13 being none entitles is long gone.

I’m sorry, have any of those clubs spent £500m and been on the brink of incurring points deductions for financial mismanagement??? Did any of those teams take multiple players on £100k+ a week down to the Championship???

I don't think all clubs would flirt with relegation unless they are mismanaged on and off the pitch to cause that. Any team that gets into a relegation fight is there due to poor signings for the reasons they have, whether it's signings or manager. They usually get there by decisions made off the pitch. Villa didn't nose dive until the owner decided they weren't going to spend anymore money for one example. The point I am trying to put across poorly is that a well managed team in mid table is never in any danger until they make decisions that would put them there. It would be hard pushed to find a fan who wouldn't swap this right now for being midtable and average.

I’m sorry, have any of those clubs spent £500m and been on the brink of incurring points deductions for financial mismanagement??? Did any of those teams take multiple players on £100k+ a week down to the Championship???

Villa did

The others no but then again the others listed are happy with 17th every season providing they got to stay in the league and pocket the TV money - are Evertonians happy with that?

Take Leicesters title win out the equation no other club has done anything in this league outside the top 6 and we've finished higher than most of them because of the money spent ultimately.

I wont convince you as you hate Moshiri - but come back to me in 10 years time and when we are still finishing 8th-17th, still having false dawns and arguments over overpaid players and lack of success you'll realise Moshiri isnt the problem - the corrupt system in place to keep the old boys at the top is the issue and why you aint happy.

We've finished 8th, 8th, 10th in recent seasons and I've never been more miserable as a football fan - the magic is gone its not the working mans game anymore.

Villa did

The others no but then again the others listed are happy with 17th every season providing they got to stay in the league and pocket the TV money - are Evertonians happy with that?

Take Leicesters title win out the equation no other club has done anything in this league outside the top 6 and we've finished higher than most of them because of the money spent ultimately.

I wont convince you as you hate Moshiri - but come back to me in 10 years time and when we are still finishing 8th-17th, still having false dawns and arguments over overpaid players and lack of success you'll realise Moshiri isnt the problem - the corrupt system in place to keep the old boys at the top is the issue and why you aint happy.

We've finished 8th, 8th, 10th in recent seasons and I've never been more miserable as a football fan - the magic is gone its not the working mans game anymore.

We are not going to be finishing 8th-17th in the next 10 years because your dad is absolutely finishing the club off. We will be paying for the damage Moshiri has done to this club for decades and decades.

It has nothing to do with the “corrupt system” that we’re getting relegated after spending £500m, it has everything to do with Moshiri’s mismanagement of the club. That is why I “ain’t happy”

We are not going to be finishing 8th-17th in the next 10 years because your dad is absolutely finishing the club off. We will be paying for the damage Moshiri has done to this club for decades and decades.

It has nothing to do with the “corrupt system” that we’re getting relegated after spending £500m, it has everything to do with Moshiri’s mismanagement of the club. That is why I “ain’t happy”

You haven't been happy for a long time lets be honest Michael, same goes for 99% of Evertonians.

Football is dead as a proper competition, you cant even celebrate last minute winners without worry of a VAR dodgy call.

You have blatent penalties not been given based on what team you're facing and from 2024 Liverpool or Man Utd can finish 10th and still qualify for the CL.

Its not worth your anger trust me, treat footie more as an expensive hobby and accept it for what its become.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back