Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Tell that to any man in the world who traded in their loyal wife for a younger, hotter model and ended up getting their fingers burnt down the line.

You all fail to accept that decisions/actions have consequences.

The decision to sack manager after manager under the guise of "we'll get better than dis fella" is the reason why we are were we are mixed in with bad recruitment.

Do the same with the ownership and lets see what happens because there is much worse out there than the Mosh Man and you'll realise that when its too late.
What has this analogy got to do with football

And weirdly enough, I don't know any men who have left their wife for a model. I live a fairly normal, uneventful life

I can't think of how we would be worse. Yes we might well have much less money, but how would the club be in a worse position. Money does not equal success. In fact the more money we have, the worse we get. It's time for a complete fresh start.

And weirdly enough, I don't know any men who have left their wife for a model. I live a fairly normal, uneventful life

I can't think of how we would be worse. Yes we might well have much less money, but how would the club be in a worse position. Money does not equal success. In fact the more money we have, the worse we get. It's time for a complete fresh start.

Its relevant because there are too many football fans (and none football fans) who live a carpe diem existence and constantly looking for a quick fix to a problem.

Becareful what you wish for
Better the devil the know
The grass isn't always greener

All words spoken by wiser men than me and very relevant to this football club.

Not so long ago there were fans who slagged off players like Lukaku, Stones and Gueye.

Lampard is already under pressure from some fans.

Its VERY relevant my friend.

Its relevant because there are too many football fans (and none football fans) who live a carpe diem existence and constantly looking for a quick fix.

All spoken by wiser men than me and very relevant to this football club.

Not so long ago there were people who didn't slagged off players like Lukaku, Stones and Gueye.

3 absolutely meaningless statements, full of nothing but buzzwords. Could not be any less relevant.

We are heading to relegation under this owner. We have no sponsors under this owner. We are close to breaching financial rules under this owner. You can keep being careful what you wish for, and I'll continue to hope for a little bit of competence in our leadership, and that we move on from this shambolic era.

Tell that to any man in the world who traded in their loyal wife for a younger, hotter model and ended up getting their fingers burnt down the line.

You all fail to accept that decisions/actions have consequences.

The decision to sack manager after manager under the guise of "we'll get better than dis fella" is the reason why we are were we are mixed in with bad recruitment.

Do the same with the ownership and lets see what happens because there is much worse out there than the Mosh Man and you'll realise that when its too late.

Moshiri is the horrible grock wife that humiliates and batters her husband and makes his life miserable. But she has said she will buy them a big new house.

Deffo a reason to stay with her...

3 absolutely meaningless statements, full of nothing but buzzwords. Could not be any less relevant.

We are heading to relegation under this owner. We have no sponsors under this owner. We are close to breaching financial rules under this owner. You can keep being careful what you wish for, and I'll continue to hope for a little bit of competence in our leadership, and that we move on from this shambolic era.

Every single thing he’s saying can be used against him in his bizarre defence of Moshiri. Going on about people wanting quick fixes, that’s exactly what Moshiri’s been trying and failing to do since he came in.

32 years with my wife. We drive each other mad at times but still the good times outweigh the down. I wish I could say the same about Everton

1. We aint relegated

2. Outside of our control due to Putin

3. Down to being ambitious enough to try push us into the elite which you, I, Michael and everyone else on here were buzzing about when he first rocked up.

According to the New York Times, UEFA have settled on the replacement for Financial Fair Play rules, but they would only further benefit Premier League sides and harm Serie A clubs.

There have been discussions for over a year to set up a new model replacing FFP, but it would seem as if UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin will not get the salary cap he had hoped for.

That proved impossible when dealing with European employment law, which was already behind the Bosman ruling allowing players to become free agents.

Instead, it’s reported the soccer-related spending will not be able to go above 70 per cent of income.

That means both wages and amortisation of transfer fees for that season cannot breach 70 per cent of revenue.

It would be a huge problem in particular for Italy, where even the wage bill is often over 70 per cent of the income.

The New York Times notes this system, to be named Financial Sustainability Regulations, would only further benefit the Premier League clubs, who already far outspend every other league due to their massive – and set to get even bigger – television rights deal.

Clubs will be given three years to move towards the new rules, so initially able to spend up to 90 per cent of their revenue.

There could also be some flexibility of up to €10m in certain circumstances.

The biggest change could well be in the penalties, which could see clubs demoted from the Champions League to Europa League for breaching financial rules, or made to begin the new format tournaments with a points deduction.

We are in big, big trouble.

Its relevant because there are too many football fans (and none football fans) who live a carpe diem existence and constantly looking for a quick fix to a problem.

All words spoken by wiser men than me and very relevant to this football club.

Not so long ago there were fans who slagged off players like Lukaku, Stones and Gueye.

You calling the fans manslags, lad?

According to the New York Times, UEFA have settled on the replacement for Financial Fair Play rules, but they would only further benefit Premier League sides and harm Serie A clubs.

There have been discussions for over a year to set up a new model replacing FFP, but it would seem as if UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin will not get the salary cap he had hoped for.

That proved impossible when dealing with European employment law, which was already behind the Bosman ruling allowing players to become free agents.

Instead, it’s reported the soccer-related spending will not be able to go above 70 per cent of income.

That means both wages and amortisation of transfer fees for that season cannot breach 70 per cent of revenue.

It would be a huge problem in particular for Italy, where even the wage bill is often over 70 per cent of the income.

The New York Times notes this system, to be named Financial Sustainability Regulations, would only further benefit the Premier League clubs, who already far outspend every other league due to their massive – and set to get even bigger – television rights deal.

Clubs will be given three years to move towards the new rules, so initially able to spend up to 90 per cent of their revenue.

There could also be some flexibility of up to €10m in certain circumstances.

The biggest change could well be in the penalties, which could see clubs demoted from the Champions League to Europa League for breaching financial rules, or made to begin the new format tournaments with a points deduction.

We are in big, big trouble.

Will this affect us as we aren’t threatening to qualify for any UEFA competition any time soon?

The £500m figure gets quoted a lot about how much Moshiri has spent.

Does anyone know how much he has spent when you factor in player sales?

I think it will still be a lot, I am just curious as if I buy a house for 100k and sell it for 90k then I’d treat that as a total 10k spent all in as a more measured number to use

I think it will still be a lot, I am just curious as if I buy a house for 100k and sell it for 90k then I’d treat that as a total 10k spent all in as a more measured number to use
Around £270m, 3rd highest in the league.

Not sure, but Stones and Lukaku make up a big chunk of the incomings, and they were already here.

We made a profit on Gueye and Digne, and think we're due a wedge for Moise Kean. We got 10 million for Klassen, and fees for Lookman and Vlasic, but everybody else has either been given away or is still here I think.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back