Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is that really true though?

What exactly do we offer a manager other than a nice wage? We have a track record now of sacking at the first sign of trouble. We have a squad that is full of players that are made up of up to 7/8/9 managers in 6 years. We can't offer a huge transfer budget because of all of this and we can't sell to raise money because the players aren't valuable to us.

Simply put we have no stability at the club. We have just proven that we won't even back a manager after spending / selling players on their instruction. I mean whos players were Patterson and the ukranian? Brands (sacked) , benitez (sacked) ancelotti (gone). Would it have not made sense to not spend the money if there was a chance we were sacking benitez a week later?

Never mind the fact we signed benitez 3 players and none of them are in the team only 2 months later. Whether they come good or not in the future, that's over 20 million spent replacing our most creative player sitting on the bench if they are lucky.

Because getting sacked form Everton doesn't seem to damage a managers reputation.

Martinez -> Belgium
Koeman-> Netherlands + Barca
Ancelotti-> Real Madrid
Silva-> Fulham

Carragher was right, we are terribly run, but there's still an appetite out there for managers to want to be that guy who finally turns it all around. We're still a massive club, with a big fanbase and with spending power.

We're not the most appealing club in the league by any stretch but we still hold some power of attraction.

Because getting sacked form Everton doesn't seem to damage a managers reputation.

Martinez -> Belgium
Koeman-> Netherlands + Barca
Ancelotti-> Real Madrid
Silva-> Fulham

Carragher was right, we are terribly run, but there's still an appetite out there for managers to want to be that guy who finally turns it all around. We're still a massive club, with a big fanbase and with spending power.

We're not the most appealing club in the league by any stretch but we still hold some power of attraction.
Martinez = cheap option for Belgium
Koeman = nostalgia based on his playing days
Ancelotti= belongs at a top club
Silva = dropped a division

Hardly the same. Now our players seem to step up when they leave us to be fair to them , gueye , Lukaku , stones etc.

The fact we had a choice of lampard or pererra should tell you that. A sacked failing manager via an agent or a young manager who has a point to prove but would drop us in a heartbeat in the process.

The problem isn't freedom or opportunity , it's stability. We just don't have stability and when a club loses it, they fall apart. No surprise that we sit in desperate times after falling apart so much in what, 9 months?

As much as managers would like the idea of turning it around, the factor of the mess we are in also factors into it. After all , benitez or Nuno isn't a list of candidates that suggests ambition.

Jamie carragher putting the boot in calling us the worst run club in Europe.

A place no manager wants to come to.

He has a point. We did sign 3 players then sack the manager a week later , that is another level of poorly run.

He’s right about us being the worst run club in the league.

But totally wrong about “no manager” wanting to come here.

There has been a new manager every 18 months or so since Bobby left.

People will attack brands for signings no matter what and to be honest none of us can prove either side of whether he was responsable or not for X player being bought.

So generally speaking I've always thought this of us. We have relied on agents rather than someone actually in charge to sign players. It makes sense given how many injury prone players, incompetent players and misfits have ended up here. Nor is it a surprise the minute we sign a player not through an agent recommendation they show more in 10 games than some of our big money signings have in 3 years.

Even as far as gbamin now. Heard a story about Wenger signing a a player with a known issue that would play up within 4 years. So he bought him and sold him after 3 years and the fella ended up retired young. It has made me wonder whether the likes of gbamin are similar and we looked past it. Or gomes mental health , minas issues etc. All because it's through an agent rather than a director of football.

But then others would disagree about that.

Caught offside lol

I thought it was the Iranian Kia Joorabchian that Moshiri is dealing with now its some unnamed Brazilian agent?

I cant keep up with the mad agendas these two bit hacks are peddling trying to put the boot into the club.
Super Agent Rob Segal has revealed that Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has deliberately worked on favourable dealings with one agent.

Many of Everton’s problems in recent years have been on the pitch, but the majority of these issues have stemmed from above. Moshiri provided immense financial backing for Everton Football Club, but unfortunately, some of his decisions have cost them in the long run.

Despite Everton previously having a knowledgeable, experienced Director of Football supposedly handling the transfers, the vast majority of decisions were out of his hands.

“Everton for example, let’s make no bones about this – The reason Everton is in such a mess is because of their owner. Everton had people, well-respected footballing people, like Marcel Brands, who took the blame for poor signings, but they were the owner’s signings who listened to a Brazilian agent and the club started buying players he recommended and everyone in football knew it,”

Not caught offside, its Rob Segal.

Caught offside lol

I thought it was the Iranian Kia Joorabchian that Moshiri is dealing with now its some unnamed Brazilian agent?

I cant keep up with the mad agendas these two bit hacks are peddling trying to put the boot into the club.
Joorabchian decided he didn't want to harm his reputation by working with Moshiri!

Super Agent Rob Segal has revealed that Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has deliberately worked on favourable dealings with one agent.

Many of Everton’s problems in recent years have been on the pitch, but the majority of these issues have stemmed from above. Moshiri provided immense financial backing for Everton Football Club, but unfortunately, some of his decisions have cost them in the long run.

Despite Everton previously having a knowledgeable, experienced Director of Football supposedly handling the transfers, the vast majority of decisions were out of his hands.

“Everton for example, let’s make no bones about this – The reason Everton is in such a mess is because of their owner. Everton had people, well-respected footballing people, like Marcel Brands, who took the blame for poor signings, but they were the owner’s signings who listened to a Brazilian agent and the club started buying players he recommended and everyone in football knew it,”

Not caught offside, its Rob Segal.

Rob Segal either doesnt know Kia Joorabchian is Iranian or Moshiri has a 2nd agent who no one has ever heard about apart from Segal.

File under rubbish imo.

He’s right about us being the worst run club in the league.

But totally wrong about “no manager” wanting to come here.

There has been a new manager every 18 months or so since Bobby left.

The quality hasn't exactly risen though each time has it?

He means no manager worth hiring, which is what the relegation teams normally do with parsee Hughes allardyce hodgson etc on a roundabout.

Remember the last choices were perrerra (sacked everywhere) or lampard (unproven), Nuno (sacked) or benitez (China). Before him it was a flavour of the month manager who was sacked for a 3 month bad run whilst we waited to hire him, or a Dutch manager who hasn't achieved anything but has got jobs based on his playing career.

Ancelotti is the obvious exception but then we saw what this job meant to him last summer.

We could attract a manager from 72 clubs below us tomorrow without any issue of wanting to come here. How many managers above us honestly would swap their club for us?

Rob Segal either doesnt know Kia Joorabchian is Iranian or Moshiri has a 2nd agent who no one has ever heard about apart from Segal.

File under rubbish imo.
You do know that in most deals there are 3 or 4 Agents involved in a deal.

Its not a stretch to assume Moshiri was being influenced by Kia, who isnt an Agent, who has ties to this Brazilian fella?

Im mostly willing to ignore tittle tattle, unless :

1. It furthers my agenda
2. There are actual quotes from people with no dog in the fight
But mostly
3. It furthers my agenda

You do know that in most deals there are 3 or 4 Agents involved in a deal.

Its not a stretch to assume Moshiri was being influenced by Kia, who isnt an Agent, who has ties to this Brazilian fella?

Im mostly willing to ignore tittle tattle, unless :

1. It furthers my agenda
2. There are actual quotes from people with no dog in the fight
But mostly
3. It furthers my agenda

I agree there but that in itself is why I dont understand the criticism Moshiri gets for supposedly having Kia Joorabchian involved in 1 or 2 deals - he, Mendes, Raoila will be involved in most clubs dealings to some extent or another.

Its funny how Brands has a strong relationship with Raolia and Raolia made Moise Kean run his Juve contract down, we sign Kean for big money, Raolia makes a fat wedge, Brands promises his ma we'll look after him yet no one has any problem with that obvious conflict of interest.

Moshiri supposedly does similiar with say an Iwobi and he's the devil incarnate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back