Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

Utter bollocks that story.

1/ not a single source for these claims
2/ who are Everton getting docked points by when the PL have ok'd the Everton explanation?

Wouldn’t put it past the PL to be utter hypocrites after they let the scab six off the hook. The clubs that applied to the furlough scheme? Clubs with murderous owners/sponsors? Nothing

Oh wait there’s Everton who have overspent a bit even though they agreed it with us. Time to make an example.

If we are allowed to write off losses against covid (which we are) and our accounts have been independently verified (which they have to be by law) there can be no comeback. Unless someone wants to have a go at the accountants that signed off the accounts as legitimate. Once again press stirring it as much as possible.

Believe me mate, I really want to be excited by this. I just have this horrible feeling that it won't turn out to be all it's cracked up to be. It's not like we haven't had extremely rich people on the board / as shareholders in recent years is it, I just hope like everyone else on this forum that some real investment is made in the playing staff / stadium and it really kicks us on. I'm just too used to drinking bleach mate!
Lee you was right mate!

The media would love us to go down. Never seen them so giddy at a club in trouble.
I'll be honest I've been thinking the opposite.

Given the size of our club and their long standing top flight run, I think there's been very little coverage of Everton in the wider media. Add in the news on the clubs accounts and the financial losses I think it's been relatively quiet in the wider media. Now I don't watch Sky sports News and listen to TalkSport so maybe it's being covered extensively there and people are revelling in the issues, But from what I've seen I think it's been relatively low profile given the circumstances.

I was worrying about this the other day since I was thinking it reflected on the stature of the club. Glad to see it is being covered elsewhere and is a national media issue in some quarters. The worse thing than being rubbish, is being rubbish and irrelevant. Living outside of Merseyside for 20 good years I've seen us become less and less relevant to football supporters outside the Merseyside area. Just don't want to see that become the way in the national media too.

If we are allowed to write off losses against covid (which we are) and our accounts have been independently verified (which they have to be by law) there can be no comeback. Unless someone wants to have a go at the accountants that signed off the accounts as legitimate. Once again press stirring it as much as possible.
See we look to be getting away with it, but the knock on affect is massive, no chance we can try and be clever next season, this summer expect little outgoing money with out large player sales, which means our squad next season might not be as good as this unless we can find some cheap lower league bargains and youth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back