Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I am not bothered about 30/40 million pound players we have done all that and it hasn't worked.
Our new DOF has to start looking for players that first of all haven't got a track record of of injuries, also no more players who have been turfed by bigger clubs and see us a step down.
No more journey men these type always revert back to mediocrity in the end.
We need young players who are willing to run through a brick wall for the club, players who do not accept defeat as inevitable.
Strength of character is massive in the modern game we have far to many players who are mentally weak and scared to play.

See we look to be getting away with it, but the knock on affect is massive, no chance we can try and be clever next season, this summer expect little outgoing money with out large player sales, which means our squad next season might not be as good as this unless we can find some cheap lower league bargains and youth.
I think we will find money for some signings pre season but i do think we are going to be relying on youth and some of lampards connections and goodwill also. This all assumes we stay up cos if we don't we won't be spending a penny and are likely to be dependent on youth/loans to compete.

Wouldn’t their beef be with the PL rather than Everton. After all, Everton just present their accounts and expert report on Covid losses. It’s up to the PL to assess those and either agree or dispute them.

In a way we are already under sanctions, our budgets, signings and new contracts all have to be cleared by the PL, we've clearly been told to shift players and reduce our cost base as well. If thats the decision the PL has taken, its at their discretion, its their rule.

As others have said, it would be suing the PL for them breaching their own rule and they would have to prove that the PL took no action, which isnt the case and that action is at their discretion.

Clubs would be stupid to take a case against the PL, wouldn't be in their interests as every club relies on the good will of the PL and collective - they are all shareholders themselves.

Convinced that article is after the speculation like this on here lol

A lot of hand wringing from other fans that the club is corrupt and cheated the system by making up Covid losses to avoid sanctions.

At least the PL have bought it.

To be fair they are probably right.

The Super League came at he right time for us, if you are looking at the scale of consequences the PL could impose - should they wish - id suggest we would have a strong case in terms of lesser sanctions - though the PL look like they will turn a blind eye all together, they've known about these results since March 2021.

If we stay up - a club that goes down in our stead may kick up a fuss, like West Ham and Sheff Utd all those years ago.

We need to finish 16th at least to avoid being sued

See we look to be getting away with it, but the knock on affect is massive, no chance we can try and be clever next season, this summer expect little outgoing money with out large player sales, which means our squad next season might not be as good as this unless we can find some cheap lower league bargains and youth.
Whoever is remotely decent in the academy will stand a chance next season.

I'm getting a Nathan Broadhead Everton shirt next season.
Broadhead on the back...this on the sleeve

efl-championship2118.webp

I dunno, he is persisting though with things not working, such as DCL

At a push I'd give Dobbin 45 minutes.

That's upfront though. Anwhere in midfield or defence and it's a major gamble. Brandthwaite is still a gamble and he has a few games under his belt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back