Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Good post this.

"Achieve Instant success or he's a fraud" I can see what you mean but he could of done what Kenwright did and just kept us a stable Premier League footbal club, he easily would of done that while building a ground, we could of had no success and not damaged us, he could of kept us viable, even if we stay up he has done a lot of damage it will take a while to fix.
Benitez is a questionable decision but his arrival was a clear signal of the damage he had done behind the scenes, our only option left was the one man many would not accept, it was the outcome of 6 years of poor ownership.
The over the top hatred is natural, very few of us are old enough to have seen Everton relegated and we know if he hadnt of turned up it wouldnt of been happening and the reason it is happening is because of decisions he has made.
I think his biggest mistake was not binning those at the top straight away. Give Kenwright some BS honour and kick him out the door.
If you buy a company with aspirations to take it to the top, you bring in the best people possible to get you there. You don't keep the same leadership team that has been treading water for the last 15 years.
Moshiri's obviously a very smart and success business man but football isn't like any other business. He should have got a new CEO, someone like David Dein - stepped back and let them do their job.

In hindsight yes.

But, tell me we didnt want an owner that would spend huge money on the club and build a new stadium.
Yeah but after the intial elation of a billionaire acquiring the club faded, you had to ask what kind of savvy businessman purchases a club to retain the previous mediocre owner in a position of influence within the club. Signaled alarm bells for me.

Last edited:
Basically, he had 2 options. Achieve Instant success or he's a fraud. That's the black and white reality to the reactions in her. No nuance at all. Second guessed at every turn. Spends money, he's an idiot. If he hadn't, he'd have been chased for not caring or only being in it for profit.

Things have gone badly, and yes he's made mistakes, but it's easy to see them after they've gone wrong.

Benitez is the only truly questionable decision, and he made that on the back of several disappointing ventures. For all the hatred thrown around, I could see part of the reason for appointing him, but it was destined to end badly if we hit trouble, and unfortunately, a combination of a poorly assembled squad, an unreasonable amount of injuries to contend with and a number of questionable decisions not going our way, and because of who was in charge, the tide turned much quicker than normal.

Could Moshiri have chosen differently? Obviously yes. Would it have guaranteed better performances from this squad? No.

Maybe he could've acted quicker in sacking him, but I also see the logic in thinking those games we lost at the beginning of the year were winnable and a 6 point swing would've made things look a lot better.

All in all, he has overseen failure, but not for lack of trying, and while he obviously deserves some of the blame for the current situation, along with players, staff, management, board and fans alike, it's a culmination of everything that has seen us here, and Moshiri doesn't deserve some of the utter delusional and over the top hatred I have seen in here.
Nonsense mate, he deserves the highest level of scrutiny from the fans.

It is on him that he didnt have a plan when he took over 100% so he cant be allowed to get away with ruining the club. Yes there is a legacy of failure prior to his buyout but he has had 6 years and for many businesses that is very much long enough to have a strategy and execute that strategy.

He has no plan from what we witness. Even the much talked about strategic review seems to be stalled, there are no excuses for his failure other than an inward look at himself and his profligacy and scatter gun approach, He is a blight on the club.

He needs to be gone and soon.

I think his biggest mistake was not binning those at the top straight away. Give Kenwright some BS honour and kick him out the door.
If you buy a company with aspirations to take it to the top, you bring in the best people possible to get you there. You don't keep the same leadership team that has been treading water for the last 15 years.
Moshiri's obviously a very smart and success business man but football isn't like any other business. He should have got a new CEO, someone like David Dein - stepped back and let them do their job.
Yeah but that alone shows how clueless he is then, either way he is wrong, for whathe has done to everton i hope he losses a lot of money

Basically, he had 2 options. Achieve Instant success or he's a fraud. That's the black and white reality to the reactions in her. No nuance at all. Second guessed at every turn. Spends money, he's an idiot. If he hadn't, he'd have been chased for not caring or only being in it for profit.

Things have gone badly, and yes he's made mistakes, but it's easy to see them after they've gone wrong.

Benitez is the only truly questionable decision, and he made that on the back of several disappointing ventures. For all the hatred thrown around, I could see part of the reason for appointing him, but it was destined to end badly if we hit trouble, and unfortunately, a combination of a poorly assembled squad, an unreasonable amount of injuries to contend with and a number of questionable decisions not going our way, and because of who was in charge, the tide turned much quicker than normal.

Could Moshiri have chosen differently? Obviously yes. Would it have guaranteed better performances from this squad? No.

Maybe he could've acted quicker in sacking him, but I also see the logic in thinking those games we lost at the beginning of the year were winnable and a 6 point swing would've made things look a lot better.

All in all, he has overseen failure, but not for lack of trying, and while he obviously deserves some of the blame for the current situation, along with players, staff, management, board and fans alike, it's a culmination of everything that has seen us here, and Moshiri doesn't deserve some of the utter delusional and over the top hatred I have seen in here.

My god this post hurts my brain. I don’t know which part of it to address first.

No one was expecting instant success. Why are you going on about success? We’re about to get relegated and we’re losing £100m per year. This is one of the worst posts I’ve read on this forum recently.

Great Post.

Wont go down well with the bedwetters though.

My only criticism is not booting Kenwright and bringing in a proper chairman to oversee the football side of things.

I think this new DOF will be given full control and he'll take a back seat now but I still think he needs to chase Kenwright regardless who is the real problem at the club and has been for near 2 decades.

But is it Moshiri’s fault that men with good pedigree like Brands and Koeman and Benitez screwed us up? Moshiri has no background in football, but he delegated to highly rated football guys and gave them the tools to do the job.

What else could he have done?

Well he didn’t allow Brands to do his job for starters, and Benitez should never have been anywhere near the club.

“What else could he have done?” - not appoint Rafael Benitez. Not give Marcel Brands a new contract then sack him 6 months later. There are many things he could’ve done.

Well he didn’t allow Brands to do his job for starters, and Benitez should never have been anywhere near the club.

“What else could he have done?” - not appoint Rafael Benitez. Not give Marcel Brands a new contract then sack him 6 months later. There are many things he could’ve done.
Not have gotten a hard on for Marco Silva when it was plain to see he wasn’t the manager people thought he could’ve been. Not have appointed Allardyce when we were already out of the relegation scrap. Actually brought somebody in to bring the Academy up to something resembling competent (not that he’d have let them do their job). The list goes on.

How anyone can come in here and defend this loon based on the evidence we have right in front of us over the last 6 years and what is possible as we enter the last few weeks of this season, seeing us with massive financial losses, huge levels of debt, a wage bill the highest ratio to income in the Prem if not wider, a squad of reprobates who care not one jot for the club as they get their "dollar" whatever they do, a club in such disarray top down that it cant even get a strategic review done and implemented, appointing "old boys" to the board mentality, appointing and sacking managers like its a fish shoot in a barrel, facing the very real prospect of being out of top tier football for the first time in 71 years, no strategy, no plan, no cognitive thought process into how best to achieve off-field security and on field success, the list is endless...........

Need to have a word with yourselves for defending him and his business philosophy, any other business would have had him out the door with pressure from within and outside.

We may have a world class stadium but we want a World Class Club and Players, economically sound, proactive Board and decision makers and its possible this needs to be done on the back of a relegation.

I freakin despair at his apologists, the man is on the brink of ruining everything that WE are here for.

MOSHIRI and BILL need to go.

How anyone can come in here and defend this loon based on the evidence we have right in front of us over the last 6 years and what is possible as we enter the last few weeks of this season, seeing us with massive financial losses, huge levels of debt, a wage bill the highest ratio to income in the Prem if not wider, a squad of reprobates who care not one jot for the club as they get their "dollar" whatever they do, a club in such disarray top down that it cant even get a strategic review done and implemented, appointing "old boys" to the board mentality, appointing and sacking managers like its a fish shoot in a barrel, facing the very real prospect of being out of top tier football for the first time in 71 years, no strategy, no plan, no cognitive thought process into how best to achieve off-field security and on field success, the list is endless...........

Need to have a word with yourselves for defending him and his business philosophy, any other business would have had him out the door with pressure from within and outside.

We may have a world class stadium but we want a World Class Club and Players, economically sound, proactive Board and decision makers and its possible this needs to be done on the back of a relegation.

I freakin despair at his apologists, the man is on the brink of ruining everything that WE are here for.

MOSHIRI and BILL need to go.
Aye but the stadium lad...... Best stadium in the championship.

For all the damage his tenure has brought, on paper he isn't the nightmare owner we all feared.

He's something none of us saw coming.

He brings a toxic mix of wealth, enthusiasm for football - and, most damagingly, an incompetence in running a football club twinned with a lack of awareness of that incompetence.

He's been oblivious for years of the damage his ownership has caused. I suspect he now realises he doesn't have the skills to steer the ship, though it's very possible that realisation has come too late.
Don't forget his voodoo magic that he brings.

Great Post.

Wont go down well with the bedwetters though.

My only criticism is not booting Kenwright and bringing in a proper chairman to oversee the football side of things.

I think this new DOF will be given full control and he'll take a back seat now but I still think he needs to chase Kenwright regardless who is the real problem at the club and has been for near 2 decades.
Your only criticism is that he didn't boot Kenwright?! We're sitting on the precipice of our first relegation in over 70 years and we lose more than £100m every year and may be facing points deductions as a consequence. How exactly could he have done worse at running this football club?

This is it really. I truly think Moshiri is well meaning but clearly he's erratic and not be trusted to make the right decisions or leave the decisions to people who do know their stuff.

Your only criticism is that he didn't boot Kenwright?! We're sitting on the precipice of our first relegation in over 70 years and we lose more than £100m every year and may be facing points deductions as a consequence. How exactly could he have done worse at running this football club?

Off the field he's improved the club - record sponsership deals, pushing ahead with a world class new stadium - the people in charge of those areas are Moshiri appointed people.

Ultimately its on the pitch matters that have been the problem and Kenwright as Chairman oversee's this department.

Moshers does NOT run the playing side/academy/fitness/recruitment departments.

Thats on Kenwrights watch and underneath him the DOF.

Off the field he's improved the club - record sponsership deals, pushing ahead with a world class new stadium - the people in charge of those areas are Moshiri appointed people.

Ultimately its on the pitch matters that have been the problem and Kenwright as Chairman oversee's this department.

Moshers does NOT run the playing side/academy/fitness/recruitment departments.

Thats on Kenwrights watch and underneath him the DOF.
Delusional.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back