Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
“I want to reassure you…”. Ha ha ha. Is he joking? Also, from the horse’s mouth, Bill’s involved in transfers. Still. Thought he was just a figurehead etc etc blah, blah, blah? Looks like these clowns are here to stay. Disastrous.

Lot of crap talked on here by people who pretend they have a flying clue what they are talking about in respect of the financial prospects. However if you are a billionaire, then let us have your informed expertise.
What does being a billionaire have to do with expertise or the right to an opinion.

I dont think wealth is relevant to the discussion

All the things you would expect an owner to say.

It's a shambles that he doesn't already have financing for the stadium.

Our record of signings under him has been abject failure so far, while him and Bill are still involved, no reason to expect that to change.

He is hardly going to come out and say he is pulling his investment.

He’s backed up all commitments with action mate, he’s in deep and sounds like getting deeper - that’s an incredible commitment financially, that needs to be acknowledged, so I’ve no reason to doubt his commitment based on past behaviour. I don’t think it’s healthy to be as reliant on him financially as we are, but it takes some cahonas to continue to do it, North of 800 mill. I think he’s a loon to do it personally.

Therefore I find it hard to be critical of the message, he’s always done what he said he will.

As I said has the investment been wasted by poor governance? without question. The fantastic commitment and poor governance exist together.

It’s where your at in terms of lessons learned now, if we’ve learned nothing the continued investment will be wasted, if we have that investment will appreciate and add value.

Last edited:
I thought it was somewhat tone-deaf for an owner supporters have zero confidence in to reassure them he wasn't going to move on from the club, but it's nothing out of the ordinary for this sort of thing. "Judge us at the end of the window by which time you'll be back to your regular investment in the club regardless of its performance and there will be no real consequence for me" was my takeaway.

I actually respect him engaging the fan base. I think it’s better late than never.

No one can challenge his commitment, wherever the moneys come from, is irrelevant, he’s sunk 500m in, for little return.

His issue is not his commitment to making Everton a better club, it’s trusting the wrong people to do it. He needs to make better decisions when it comes to this.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s been like a drunk in a brothel waving it round, but I do still think he can salvage this.

If I were to guess what that feller's game is now it'd be that he's looking for a buyer and in the meantime he'll be only too willing to go along with the PL imposing their restrictions on our spending to achieve his plans.

The quicker this feller is out the quicker those bent gets at the PL and their shackles will be thrown off.

As I say my position is his commitment is fantastic he’s writhing blank cheques, we cease to function without it - that’s ultimately unhealthy - you know my take.

He’s just committed to more, which is madness and I wouldn’t do it, however hes always backed up his promises.

Has the fella got the governance of the club messed up and dysfunctional -absolutely.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back