Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I’m happy. I’m just a bit on awe how we can satisfy the premier leagues FFP so well then bring in more players. Must be a financial balancing act to say the least or it wouldn’t be happening.
Depends all on how payments are structured. If we got most of the fee for Richy up front that gives more wiggle room, especially if some teams let us spread out the payments on the players we are getting. Onana is for 36m but Lillie is likely letting us spread it out over a few years

Depends all on how payments are structured. If we got most of the fee for Richy up front that gives more wiggle room, especially if some teams let us spread out the payments on the players we are getting. Onana is for 36m but Lillie is likely letting us spread it out over a few years
Not true.

This is all about accountancy. When you sell a player you recognise all the revenue in one go. When you buy them, the outgoing is spread across the length of the contract (amortisation). So selling Richarlison meant we recognised the whole fee at once.

Now cash flow is different. We might also have wanted a lot of the cash for him upfront so we had cash to spend, but cash flow is a different issue to FFP figures

And if it continued like this for about another 5-6 Windows he would earn people's trust and respect again

People will moan whatever he does, spends too much or not enough. Gets involved or seems too passive and remote to be our owner.

We in this day and age are not challenging the top 4 whatever we do and whoever is in charge. Newcastle backed by a whole oil rich country seem to have already hit a brick wall. Unless you blast your FFP budget in the first couple of seasons players don't think you are ambitious enough to move to and you end up in Sigurdsson type hell anyhow. This bloke tried, managed to bring Carlo Ancelotti to Everton FFS. That is how close he made it work bending the rules as much as we could, that is being a good accountant - if we aren't pushing the envelope we simply aren't trying hard enough. Probably technically we shouldn't spend so much this year on Onana or pay the high wages that Gana will want but with the protest mainly being brought about why have we sold our best player and hadn't brought anyone in yet you can see the fans are pushing for this...

He has never once just stopped spending which is what the American owners would have done in an instant once they made losses of 200 million quid. And that would have been all on the back of delivering us a St Mary's identikit stadium off an industrial estate in some backwater - not giving Everton a better chance to succeed for generations of owners to come which is what BM will do for us.

He can of course be disliked for bringing in Benitez and for not getting shut of Kenwright (although I heavily guess there was something in contracts that said Blue Bill has to be front and centre for the new stadium opening) but on all other charges he has constantly tried to push this club on. At some point people might get what they wish for and they probably won't like it when they do.

People will moan whatever he does, spends too much or not enough. Gets involved or seems too passive and remote to be our owner.

We in this day and age are not challenging the top 4 whatever we do and whoever is in charge. Newcastle backed by a whole oil rich country seem to have already hit a brick wall. Unless you blast your FFP budget in the first couple of seasons players don't think you are ambitious enough to move to and you end up in Sigurdsson type hell anyhow. This bloke tried, managed to bring Carlo Ancelotti to Everton FFS. That is how close he made it work bending the rules as much as we could, that is being a good accountant - if we aren't pushing the envelope we simply aren't trying hard enough. Probably technically we shouldn't spend so much this year on Onana or pay the high wages that Gana will want but with the protest mainly being brought about why have we sold our best player and hadn't brought anyone in yet you can see the fans are pushing for this...

He has never once just stopped spending which is what the American owners would have done in an instant once they made losses of 200 million quid. And that would have been all on the back of delivering us a St Mary's identikit stadium off an industrial estate in some backwater - not giving Everton a better chance to succeed for generations of owners to come which is what BM will do for us.

He can of course be disliked for bringing in Benitez and for not getting shut of Kenwright (although I heavily guess there was something in contracts that said Blue Bill has to be front and centre for the new stadium opening) but on all other charges he has constantly tried to push this club on. At some point people might get what they wish for and they probably won't like it when they do.

I’ll like it

We’ve been forced into caution due to FFP restraints. We’ve still been forced into selling our best player, we still have no strikers. The same failed board are still running the club. From what I can see very, very little has changed.

Every club outside the top 6 is Mike that's FFP for you, though I agree about the striker, but again DCL injured hasn't helped, but I do think we are strengthening in the right areas. I also think maybe foolishly there is a striker lined up, Thelwell seems to know what he's doing, the rest of the board should have been shunted years ago.

We'll never forget either.

I have the names of those who wanted that dodgy Kenyon mob to buy us - their cards are marked alreet they better hope I never bump into them at Goodison as I'll not be able to keep my mouth shut.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back