Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If Moshiri was to walk away and take his funding we would be royally screwed.

And that’s his fault for managing the business so poorly that we have to write off debts of £100m+ every single year. He hasn’t “saved us”, he’s essentially set the house on fire and has now turned up with a few buckets of water and expects us to thank him for it.

He ain't selling, Kenwrong ain't being removed from the board, and Lampard ain't getting fired.
I wouldn’t be so sure. He did state that the next two games are massively important. If we lose them, I think that’s a veiled warning to Frank.

Obviously it’s way to late and leaves no time in transfer window for a new manager but saints and wham are close to us so are must wins.

"They've been there for a long, some are new appointments, they're long standing, they're dedicated, they're local. It's so important to keep the club in Liverpool, it's roots in Liverpool, and those are the roots. Those are the roots of the club. They love the club, they've been attending games under every condition and it's just building a £760m stadium, one of the best in the country is an enormous challenge for a club. I think they have to acknowledge they are going through a transformation and they are working extremely hard. I've added to the board every now and again to support and you know when needed we'll do it again."

long standing - and how does their track record look
dedicated - I'd hope every employee at Everton was dedicated to bringing success on and off the pitch
local - I couldn't give a pigs ear, they could be from Neptune. That doesn't matter
love the club - Quite irrelevant
attending games under every condition - as do the fans

The stadium references;

enormous challenge for a club
acknowledge they are going through a transformation
they are working extremely hard

Clearly if that's something that's causing a problem then they most definitely need help.

Kenwright might be the worlds biggest blue and a heart made a liquid love, DBB might be the spirit Mother Theresa, Grahame Sharp might be a club legend and great story teller at half time but I don't want or care about that. I don't want some lovely dovey nice to meet you person running a multi million £ business. I want horrible ***** who are at the top of their game. This is supposed to be an elite level professional football club striving for the best by getting the best people in. You could go through every single team in the Premier League and most likely the Championship and the executive staff will have more experience and expertise in this sector then our board. It's absolutely staggering.

Chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale led initial interviews with candidates and, as a childhood Evertonian herself, is likely to have smiled at Thelwell’s admission that he comes from a family of ardent Blues and the first match he attended was at Goodison Park.

This is what's wrong with the football club. Football as a business has moved on since the 60s, 70s, 80s, even the 90s. It's not one man and a few of his mates anymore, it seems at Everton though it's several people and all of their mates.

I wouldn’t be so sure. He did state that the next two games are massively important. If we lose them, I think that’s a veiled warning to Frank.

Obviously it’s way to late and leaves no time in transfer window for a new manager but saints and wham are close to us so are must wins.
4pts gets Frank Arsenal and Liverpool and don't thrashed in these, then beat Leeds, now is just a blip, all will be good. Simple!

My point is, that you can’t levy £760m against the club when the rest of the business is failing.

Yes, for a stable, well run club it would be a godsend. In our current position, it will be a burden, especially when the business and team are failing.

He’s built a house on sand, there’s no foundation to anything at this club. And that’s the worrying part

When is the right time Chris is the problem? These things take years to build, during the process we had something like top 4 form for half a season under Silva, we were 2nd in the League under Carlo at Christmas just two years back. No one expected to fall apart so quickly, no one expected our revenue streams to be pulled out from under us due to the war.

If he had stopped at any point what would have been the fan reaction to that when cone head was right? damned if you do damned if you don't.

He's the club owner isn't he. He's the man who appointed all our failed managers and directors of football. A fish rots from it's head downwards after all.

Rubbish for the most part. He may have appointed the managers but did he select the teams, select the tactics. do the subbing. Was it his fault we had so many injuries to vital players so could not play ? Who wasted money on the likes of Maupay ?

I am not defending Moshiri but trying to point out there many parts to our awful position.

Rubbish for the most part. He may have appointed the managers but did he select the teams, select the tactics. do the subbing. Was it his fault we had so many injuries to vital players so could not play ? Who wasted money on the likes of Maupay ?

I am not defending Moshiri but trying to point out there many parts to our awful position.
He appointed all these people who made the awful decisions, because he’s clueless and has not appointed the right people in the right places to drive the club forward

That’s is sole responsibility has an owner, to drive the club forward

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back