Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah but its easy to see it now, but at the time it was obvious to anyone that Sam shouldnt of been sacked, you dont sack a manager who gets you to 8th when earlier in the season you worried about relegation. The fact at the time some wanted him out and some still think now it was right, is a clear indecation that some fans are clearly a part of Evertons problems
If you support Allardyce you’re a problem to yourself let alone to Everton F.C,

We all want him and the board gone, but he's right when he says the fans have played a massive part in the high turnover in managers.

That's a fact.
Cmon Dave - every single sacking has been merited, due to performances and results on the pitch. Should Lampard get the bullet, o one could really argue. Let’s not start this blaming the fans for that, and i haven’t spoken to any blue who wanted Benitez to come in.

The real issue is the chronic underperforming owner and board of directors, seemingly running a multi-million pound business in what is a huge industry, just because they are “local”and “good”people!?! that’s just how I want my club run, thank you.

Let’s not muddy the waters by validating moshiris nonsense.

He's eloquent and he's knowledgable, which is why he was afforded 10 minutes on air with two bruisers like Jordan and White who usually interrupt constantly.

However, I think Jordan (who I detest, btw) could easily sidleine the Esk's argument about 'a culture of failure' pervading the club at ownership and governance level. That's easy meat to him as he just points to other fans in the PL who also perceive their hierarchy that way.

Overall I think there is a view of Everton's situation abroad that we have an owner who has been a net success for Everton in that he's provided cash and a new stadium to be completed...finally solving that issue. And I think Moshiri was very clever in skewering the fanbase planning to protest by saying they are complicit in managerial turnover which has been the key to our downfall. Which, of course, we have been.

This should make the voices 50x louder on Saturday, and directed firmly at Moshiri. The fans stepped up and pulled the club off the floor at the back end of last season. Moshiri should be thanking the fans for saving his little toy for another day.

He's eloquent and he's knowledgable, which is why he was afforded 10 minutes on air with two bruisers like Jordan and White who usually interrupt constantly.

However, I think Jordan (who I detest, btw) could easily sidleine the Esk's argument about 'a culture of failure' pervading the club at ownership and governance level. That's easy meat to him as he just points to other fans in the PL who also perceive their hierarchy that way.

Overall I think there is a view of Everton's situation abroad that we have an owner who has been a net success for Everton in that he's provided cash and a new stadium to be completed...finally solving that issue. And I think Moshiri was very clever in skewering the fanbase planning to protest by saying they are complicit in managerial turnover which has been the key to our downfall. Which, of course, we have been.

Hes not wrong mate, but I'm not sure how clever it was, in fact i think it was unnecessary, it just creates division and an us VS them mentality and heaps pressure on others at the club who represent "the regime" - last thing we need given the state of play is division or civil war and unnecessary division stoked. You only have to look at the posts on here as a sample of the emotive reaction i describe.

And here we have a text book example of why this mess is partly the fault of fans
Allerdyce is an awful manager, a one trick pony...he did his job, got well paid, nobody seriously believed that was going to be an ongoing relationship including Sam himself, despite his whinging on a few shows since, which btw, gets him another few shillings in the pocket per appearance.

We are a laughing stock.
Yep. The circus is well and truly in full
swing now. The public mud-slinging may be exactly what’s needed, but it worries me.

Putting it how FL would say it in his answer your own question style (increasingly annoyingly):

-Did the fans mad support and positivity get us extra points last year: Yes, definitely.

-Will sacking Bill, DBB and everyone else this afternoon get us more points THIS SEASON: No, it won’t.

Obviously we can’t keep putting it off, and something has to give, but it’s a fine fine balance at the moment. Long term, the fan unrest should lead to change and improvement. But I don’t think any of it will impact THIS seasons points tally, certainly not positively. I’m worried this embarrassing media poo-storm that’s kicked off now may outweigh/negate the blue flares and coach window slapping, if anyone has any desire to even do that. Our squad is distracted into a limp performance if someone farts on the bus.

?

Yes and no - in an ideal world, he'd have been given more patience because he's a perfectly decent coach. The problems here were not all of his own making (in fact the majority of what went wrong probably wasn't his fault), but things had snowballed and it was toxic. Whether or not it counts for anything and regardless of where you place the blame for it, the atmosphere at Finch Farm had become similar. It's easy to say he should have stayed in hindsight, but at the time it would have been really hard to justify it.
Our destbilisation was due in large part to a fanbase who had turned away from their traditions to adopt a "we've got cash, just the Mosh hire and fire again" mentality.

We have to see that and recognise it as true. The board is rancid and clueles and the owner is weak. That';s the major part of why we are looking into the abyss. But the fans have to look to themselves too...or at least many of them who got on buzz of seeing managers pitchforked and others hired.

Allerdyce is an awful manager, a one trick pony...he did his job, got well paid, nobody seriously believed that was going to be an ongoing relationship including Sam himself, despite his whinging on a few shows since, which btw, gets him another few shillings in the pocket per appearance.
Yeah but he easily could of seen out one more season, problem was we were paying off too many managers at once, just 12 months of dull but stable football, it's not like anyone has done better since.

Cmon Dave - every single sacking has been merited, due to performances and results on the pitch. Should Lampard get the bullet, o one could really argue. Let’s not start this blaming the fans for that, and i haven’t spoken to any blue who wanted Benitez to come in.

The real issue is the chronic underperforming owner and board of directors, seemingly running a multi-million pound business in what is a huge industry, just because they are “local”and “good”people!?! that’s just how I want my club run, thank you.

Let’s not muddy the waters by validating moshiris nonsense.
We lost patience wsith the influx of cash. I wanted him out, but Koeman could ahve been handed more time. That's my mea culpa, btw. Allardyce was summarily dismissed after getting 8th. Silva had Gueye bought for him and Gbamin bought for hhim...and it broke his system. But we handed him no chance to turn it.

Yeah but he easily could of seen out one more season, problem was we were paying off too many managers at once, just 12 months of dull but stable football, it's not like anyone has done better since.
Carlo did better... and had the board been able to back him like they backed Koeman perhaps he may have stuck around, perhaps not too though because he does love Real Madrid
Anyway Big Sam is crud, and hated every minute of him being our manager

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back