Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Carlo did better... and had the board been able to back him like they backed Koeman perhaps he may have stuck around, perhaps not too though because he does love Real Madrid
Anyway Big Sam is crud, and hated every minute of him being our manager
Carlo did not do better, in fact he made things worse with his downing of tools, but he didnt do better, not in any world is coming 12th and 10th better then 8th

Cmon Dave - every single sacking has been merited, due to performances and results on the pitch. Should Lampard get the bullet, o one could really argue. Let’s not start this blaming the fans for that, and i haven’t spoken to any blue who wanted Benitez to come in.

The real issue is the chronic underperforming owner and board of directors, seemingly running a multi-million pound business in what is a huge industry, just because they are “local”and “good”people!?! that’s just how I want my club run, thank you.

Let’s not muddy the waters by validating moshiris nonsense.
Exactly. The Allardyce sacking, which was based on some ludicrous notion of "style" that we, as a club, has lacked since S-Express were number one, was the only one where a manager could claim to have been in any way hard done by.

Silva was sinking like a stone, getting smashed 6-2 at home to Spurs and 5-2 at Anfield. We won't mention Millwall.

He's having a good spell now - good luck to him. That doesn't mean he would have been a success here when he patently wasn't.

The biggest mistake Moshiri made wasn't sacking somebody. It was in not sacking somebody - Bill Kenwright.

Exactly. The Allardyce sacking, which was based on some ludicrous notion of "style" that we, as a club, has lacked since S-Express were number one, was the only one where a manager could claim to have been in any way hard done by.

Silva was sinking like a stone, getting smashed 6-2 at home to Spurs and 5-2 at Anfield. We won't mention Millwall.

He's having a good spell now - good luck to him. That doesn't mean he would have been a success here when he patently wasn't.

The biggest mistake Moshiri made wasn't sacking somebody. It was in not sacking somebody - Bill Kenwright.
I think the argument could have been, where would we be had we arawded Silva the run of games that we have awarded Lampard

I don't think any of the sackings were without merit, myself.

The issue has been consistent sub-par and incoherent recruitment since there was money to spend. We've filled squads with very average players on big wages.

We just stopped signing players with so-called technical or basic football ability, for a start. The various teams have individually and collectively looked terrified of the ball for years.

The managers have been hamstrung to various degrees by interference in transfer activity, that seems certain, but it's not the same as saying their sackings were unwarranted. Apart from Allardyce, we were in the midst of a dreadful run of form and results under all of them.

I think the argument could have been, where would we be had we arawded Silva the run of games that we have awarded Lampard
In the relegation zone?

I mean, that argument is ludicrous if you think that Lampard should have been sacked two months ago! Just because we finally gave up with Lampard doesn't mean that what's happening now - inertia as the ship sinks - was ever the right course of action.

Carlo did not do better, in fact he made things worse with his downing of tools, but he didnt do better, not in any world is coming 12th and 10th better then 8th
Carlo had a higher win percentage and higher points per game... how other clubs are doing plays a part in final position too
Anyway I'm not getting into an argument with you about who's better between Carlo 'won the lot' Ancelotti and Big Sam 'ate the lot' Allerdyce
I feel an aneurism coming on just putting them in the same sentence ffs

And, by the way, after today's latest intervention, there is no way, shape, or form the manager should lose his job between now and relegation. Moshiri has blithely ignored the alarm of the fans and decided that he backs the manager. I totally disagree with his assessment, and I think we'll all live to regret it, but he cannot turn around now and make Lampard a scapegoat in some mad bid to protect his investment when things take a further turn for the worst.

He has, basically, missed the window of opportunity to act. He should be held utterly to account for his judgement now: back the manager to the hilt. And own the consequences, one way or the other.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back